Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: BryceG Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 04:46 PM
Okay... so its probably not what you expected when you read the title:

But this weekend I made a short trip to go purchase an entire collection of Cities Service salesman sample promotional station giveaways. The woman I bought these from, her grandfather was an executive for Cities Service that managed the promotions dept. These were all the sample promotional items that she found in his basement/house. Most say 'Dealer Name Here' as they were used as examples to what each station could order.

Figured I would share since a lot of them were neat little trinkets that I havent seen prior to this... I have lots of pictures as my wife & I enjoyed our Saturday night digging thru the boxes and sorting all of it.

Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Attached picture 3.jpg
Attached picture 4.jpg
Posted By: BryceG Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 04:47 PM
more

Attached picture 5.jpg
Attached picture 6.jpg
Attached picture 7.jpg
Attached picture 8.jpg
Posted By: BryceG Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 04:47 PM
more

Attached picture 9.jpg
Attached picture 10.jpg
Attached picture 11.jpg
Attached picture 12.jpg
Posted By: BryceG Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 04:48 PM
more

Attached picture 13.jpg
Attached picture 14.jpg
Attached picture 15.jpg
Attached picture 16.jpg
Posted By: BryceG Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 04:48 PM
more

Attached picture 17.jpg
Attached picture 18.jpg
Attached picture 19.jpg
Attached picture 20.jpg
Posted By: BryceG Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 04:49 PM
more

Attached picture 21.jpg
Attached picture 22.jpg
Attached picture 23.jpg
Attached picture 24.jpg
Posted By: BryceG Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 04:50 PM
more

Attached picture 25.jpg
Attached picture 26.jpg
Attached picture 27.jpg
Attached picture 29.jpg
Posted By: 1965CHPCSP Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 04:50 PM
WoW!! Great score Bryce.
To me the knick knacks are what make a collection complete!!
Kevin has his drool bucket out.
Nice Job.... Mike
Posted By: BryceG Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 04:50 PM
last one

Attached picture 30.jpg
nice assortment of Cities Service items... cool
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 04:55 PM
Wow nice finds
Kevin will be lost in those pictures for some time........
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 05:04 PM
That would be exciting finding all that ! Bet your still smiling Bryce .
Posted By: pickurt Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 05:07 PM
Looks like you have examples of all the promotional give always. Great find.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 05:17 PM
Great collection Bryce!

Kind of looks like you went to North Dakota, snuck into Kevin's shop and cleaned out his overstock...LOL
Posted By: BryceG Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 05:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Mike M.
Kind of looks like you went to North Dakota, snuck into Kevin's shop and cleaned out his overstock...LOL

Ha!... I've been the purchaser of multiple items of 'Kevin's Overstock'... and they are far better than this! lol
Posted By: Dave Richey Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 05:22 PM
I'd call that a MAJOR score. Many items would likely never have been seen if these had all, heaven forbid, gone into a dumpster.
Posted By: BryceG Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 05:27 PM
and I should add... special thanks to Fred Mensink, as he played a role in making this happen.
Christmas came early this year!!! J
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 05:29 PM
Pretty darn nice assortment! There's a lot of that stuff that I have never seen!
Posted By: LOWright Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 06:27 PM
Nice haul…..
Posted By: tbuckles Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Mon Dec 22 2014 11:52 PM
Bryce,

After seeing all the air meter parts that Blair got and now this great haul of yours it just goes to show that there is still good stuff out there, you just have to dig for it. I know how excited you must be to have gotten all this.

It is so much more fun to buy than sell......JMHO

Tom.
Posted By: philmccauley Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Tue Dec 23 2014 12:10 AM
Good haul Bryce, I am like Tom, I love buying.
Posted By: GILMORE Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Tue Dec 23 2014 12:36 AM
Cool!... want some "freebies", Bryce?

Attached picture bryce.jpg
Awesome stuff Bryce!! We know it went to a good home.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Tue Dec 23 2014 02:55 AM
Great assortment of items Bryce! Those are very cool pieces! Good score.
Nice "instant" collection!
Nice stuff, good find!
Posted By: Toys4Fun Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Tue Dec 23 2014 04:42 AM
Cool stuff! Great score!
Nice assortment of smalls!!!
Posted By: LOU-57 Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Wed Dec 24 2014 11:09 AM
Nice score. Is that a vizsla wearing that cap ?
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Wed Dec 24 2014 02:01 PM
what a Awesome collection to say the least..!!!!your going to need a lot of room to display all those items..I especially love the pencil with the floater truck in it,that`s a rare piece for sure..never have seen that one before..thanks for showing us...
Alan
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Wed Dec 24 2014 02:12 PM
Finally took a minute to check out this thread. Wow! That is a great collection there! Like someone else said, went to a good home. And thankfully now should stay saved in a collection(s)forever.
Love the tan/green ashtray and ya, that truck in the pen is really cool!!
man that is a lot of very cool stuff...
Amazing. Simply amazing.
Posted By: a134743 Re: Bought an Entire Collection of Cities Service - Thu Jan 08 2015 02:05 PM
Nice, many of these are unusual items you don't see much
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk