Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Done4 Keep the "found as is" theme going - Fri Feb 06 2015 03:12 PM
I have had this pump for a long time, not sure if I should restore it or not. This is the way I found it with the exception of the new hose.

Well. I have decided to let her be as is. I washed it and sprayed dull matt clear to stop the flaking then a couple of coats of wax. It's a little shinier than I would like but figure with some dust it will have the look I like. Seems like we are starting show a little love to the heritage and history of the ones that are so close to not restore. Just thought I'd share, thanks. Les

PS, my wife wants it to go into our great room this spring.

Attached picture head-on .JPG
Attached picture left 3:4.JPG
Attached picture plate_3.jpg
Attached picture noozle_4.jpg
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Keep the "found as is" theme going - Fri Feb 06 2015 03:26 PM
Mans instinct is to conquer,repair or restore.
I congratulate you for letting it be.
Posted By: texacokie Re: Keep the "found as is" theme going - Fri Feb 06 2015 04:38 PM
It looks like a thing of beauty to me.
Posted By: trifiver Re: Keep the "found as is" theme going - Fri Feb 06 2015 04:48 PM
Leave it Be !!

Look's Great
Posted By: tbert1 Re: Keep the "found as is" theme going - Fri Feb 06 2015 05:14 PM
I am starting to like the looks of the weathered pumps. I think it looks good the way it is. Shows its character.
Posted By: BryceG Re: Keep the "found as is" theme going - Fri Feb 06 2015 05:24 PM
its a fact... original pumps that are complete are becoming more desirable than restored pumps. Anyone can have a restored pump... but to find a nice original, that requires HUNTING!

nice pump, I like it the way it is
Posted By: Vernski Re: Keep the "found as is" theme going - Fri Feb 06 2015 07:38 PM
This Wayne 60 followed me home last summer. I like the patina and won't be doing anything to it other than putting the plates & glass pieces in place.

Attached picture Wilshire Pump small.JPG
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Keep the "found as is" theme going - Fri Feb 06 2015 09:07 PM
Do with it what will give you the most enjoyment. Not a matter of what others think but rather what you like.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Keep the "found as is" theme going - Fri Feb 06 2015 09:22 PM
I like your pump too Vernski.
Posted By: SKomatinsky Re: Keep the "found as is" theme going - Fri Feb 06 2015 09:33 PM
love the pure wayne 60. I used to be a fan of restoring pumps but now I am an orig paint or rustortion guy. They can only have their orig paint once and it tells a great story.
Posted By: rockytops Re: Keep the "found as is" theme going - Fri Feb 06 2015 11:46 PM
now that is beautiful!
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Keep the "found as is" theme going - Sat Feb 07 2015 12:59 AM
Good looking pump. The colors look good together.
Posted By: Done4 Re: Keep the "found as is" theme going - Sat Feb 07 2015 12:47 PM
Thank you all for your kind comments. I brought the pump into my shop about a year ago and just keep looking at it and I think it wore me down to just clean her up. The odd thing is when I found it I asked the gentleman if the globe holder was on it when he found it and he said yes. I have decided to not put lens in it for now but have a correct Pure body and lens that I might put on it down the road.
Posted By: Let er' Buck Re: Keep the "found as is" theme going - Sat Feb 07 2015 11:31 PM
Very cool pump!
I like the looks of an original pump wish I could find one that had that good of a look to it I'd leave it alone.

Bob
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Keep the "found as is" theme going - Mon Feb 09 2015 02:37 AM
Awesome looking pump!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk