Posted By: trifiver Ebay - Sun Feb 14 2016 07:25 PM
I found a seal power piston rings clock on ebay ,
Do you think the clock is real ?

I email the seller and got bunch of S#%t from him

Look at his Items , What do you guys think
I think a lot of its Fake
This Item # 391383296514

This is what the seller email me after I question him if it was Original

I never asked for your opinion. A word to the wise. )pinions are only welcomed when asked for.
You need to STOP WASTING TIME being the ebay Police.
What year did you graduate from the ebay police academy ?
Who cares what you have to say. Who cares about what clocks you have.
You are just 1 gum flipper out of 316 million people it this country
My friend, use you time more wisely because it does not matter what you have to say. Again, I will ask you. So, what's your question????
Now, here's your next move. You will email me back and call me rude.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Ebay - Sun Feb 14 2016 07:41 PM
auction stopped.. ... cool

in his heading: GUARANTEED BY THE SELLER TO BE ORIGINAL and OLD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-SEALED-POW...D-/391383296514
Posted By: Stu K. Re: Ebay - Sun Feb 14 2016 07:46 PM
Blown gasket over something simple. Caveat emptor.
Posted By: Signs&Neons Re: Ebay - Sun Feb 14 2016 07:54 PM
seller does have a website offering many reproductions.... vcsigns.com

Interesting he states the clock has a plastic face - most all Pam clocks like that I've seen are flat GLASS face with reverse printed graphics and a clear glass dome....

He sure didn't win any customer service awards in his reply to you!!!
Posted By: advertologist Re: Ebay - Sun Feb 14 2016 08:00 PM
Originally Posted By Signs&Neons
Interesting he states the clock has a plastic face - most all Pam clocks like that I've seen are flat GLASS face with reverse printed graphics and a clear glass dome....

all my pam clocks have glass faces except the one pictured below, what would of been the reason for using plastic? .. ... cool

Attached picture IMG_2008[1].JPG
Posted By: hancock-oil Re: Ebay - Sun Feb 14 2016 09:05 PM
It's possible the face is from another clock doubtfully face is from this one most Pam faces say Pam clock co and I look for crazing as the artwork wasn't fired on!
JMO
Posted By: Donald D. Brock Re: Ebay - Sun Feb 14 2016 11:41 PM
This is the same seller who had the 30" Atlantic Ethyl sign on eBay last week. I wrote inquiring about the condition...specifically whether there was any loss of gloss. He replied "Read the description....It says all original. I've been selling for several years and had no complaints".
I wrote back and said "I was only asking as that aspect was not in the details. It's a smart practice to verify the condition before bidding....especially when there is no return on the item". He responded "Why would you want to return it?"....and never did answer my question.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Ebay - Sun Feb 14 2016 11:57 PM
I have had two original sealed power clocks with plastic faces,although not Pam. There were also a few different versions of these made by different manufacturers. I also have an original squarePam ( not sealed power)with a plastic face,marked Pam ,and know that not all Pam faces were marked as such(no lettering) so ? Is this one real? Can't say without holding it,but considering this guys record and attitude,I'd stay away from it. JMHO. Mick
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk