Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Alex Texaco Roof and Cement Sign on Ebay - Tue Jun 21 2016 10:40 PM
Not trying to knock anyone's ebay auction...maybe it's my eyes. Does this sign look legit to you guys?

Attached picture Texaco Cement.jpg
Posted By: Tankar Re: Texaco Roof and Cement Sign on Ebay - Tue Jun 21 2016 10:46 PM
I have one. Looks different then mine. To me looks wrong.
Posted By: eric grinder Re: Texaco Roof and Cement Sign on Ebay - Tue Jun 21 2016 11:17 PM
It's bogus. This guy sells nothing but junk week in and week out. They are stepping up their game and really remaking a lot of different stuff! Last I looked he had 400 auctions running...
Posted By: LoveOldThings Re: Texaco Roof and Cement Sign on Ebay - Wed Jun 22 2016 01:20 AM
I'm going to lean towards, "fake" as well. I looked at mine (see photos) and see several differences like the barn cupolas, wheels on the tractor, hole placements, etc.

The one thing is, mine is the other version (see center writing around the star), so it's "possible" that some of the details could be different.

Good luck on your decision!

Dave

Attached picture IMG_2877.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2879 [5672].JPG
Posted By: advertologist Re: Texaco Roof and Cement Sign on Ebay - Wed Jun 22 2016 01:41 AM
picture of model too match sign of subject:
green appears too be off, please post picture
of the back of sign & I'll do likewise .. ... cool

the white is awfully bright on sign of subject.
that sign of subject looks terrible,
agree with above verdict..

Attached picture IMG_2239[1].JPG
Posted By: Alex Re: Texaco Roof and Cement Sign on Ebay - Wed Jun 22 2016 01:58 PM
Thanks everyone....well, as the old song says, I think I will "Just walk away, Rene"......
Posted By: minuteman Re: Texaco Roof and Cement Sign on Ebay - Mon Jun 27 2016 01:46 PM
The a**hole selling it can't chip the porcelain at mounting holes on a tin sign, so he scratches the paint off there to make it look used.
Posted By: eric grinder Re: Texaco Roof and Cement Sign on Ebay - Mon Jun 27 2016 07:10 PM
And he manages to get almost 1K for it! It blows my mind how these sellers continue to get away with it. Not one person catches on and leaves a bad feedback?
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk