Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Big Block Cat Green Streak on ebay that just sold - Sat Aug 12 2017 06:25 PM
This sign just sold for good money and I feel someone got burned. I hope it was no one here. The colors are way off! Any more opinions?

ebay 311929174854

Attached picture s-l1600 jdksfjaodsjifo.jpg
Posted By: advertologist Re: Green Streak on ebay that just sold - Sat Aug 12 2017 06:58 PM
Colors on your screen cannot be guaranteed 100% accurate- questionable .. ... cool

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-1930-s-G...N-/311929174854
Posted By: Big Block Cat Re: Green Streak on ebay that just sold - Sat Aug 12 2017 07:13 PM
I agree with no guarantees on color the photo could be edited. I don't like the back side finish and the mounting hole on the right side is off. I understand there are different manufactures.
Posted By: wayno48 Re: Green Streak on ebay that just sold - Sat Aug 12 2017 07:21 PM
The mounting holes look to far in from the edge to me.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Green Streak on ebay that just sold - Sat Aug 12 2017 07:30 PM
same sign, front & back with 2 shots of the front- the green does photograph in a different shade, as far as mounting holes IMO they seem too match- your 2ยข .. ... cool

Attached picture therealmccoy (1).jpg
Attached picture IMG_2797[1].JPG
Attached picture IMG_2799[1].JPG
Attached picture IMG_2798[1].JPG
Posted By: Big Block Cat Re: Green Streak on ebay that just sold - Sat Aug 12 2017 08:39 PM
Randy, your orange photographs dark too. My be the eBay sign is just a poor photograph.

Attached picture IMG_5342 - Copy.jpg
Posted By: BryceG Re: Green Streak on ebay that just sold - Mon Aug 14 2017 12:50 PM
I had my same concerns on the plate... everything looked good except for the colors. i was assuming & hoping it was just a filter applied to the photo. I bought it, and luckily, I was right... the plate is right as rain.

Attached picture green_streak.jpg
Posted By: advertologist Re: Green Streak on ebay that just sold - Mon Aug 14 2017 05:38 PM
Originally Posted By BryceG
I had my same concerns on the plate... everything looked good except for the colors. i was assuming & hoping it was just a filter applied to the photo. I bought it, and luckily, I was right... the plate is right as rain.

I'm glad everything worked out for you, sometimes it pays too take a chance .. ... cool
Posted By: hancock-oil Re: Green Streak on ebay that just sold - Mon Aug 14 2017 10:55 PM
I was thinking about bidding but got Cold feet thinking it was a pop! Very Nice sign!Jim
Posted By: Big Block Cat Re: Green Streak on ebay that just sold - Mon Aug 14 2017 11:56 PM
Great sign Bryce, and I'm glad it ended up being good! I feel you got it for a great price too!

Much better photo, it now has the correct dark green as well.
Posted By: veltex Re: Green Streak on ebay that just sold - Tue Aug 15 2017 12:00 PM
Yep, great score. Is it a keeper?
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk