Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: minuteman Cut GM Sign on Ebay - Fri May 11 2018 02:10 PM
FYI there is a Canadian GM sign that has been cut down and holes added for some reason. The seller has stated the holes were added,
but in case someone wants to bid on this sign they should know it has been cut down from a bigger shield sign also.
ebay # 282951069809
Posted By: advertologist Re: Cut GM Sign on Ebay - Fri May 11 2018 02:17 PM
sign of subject: .. ... cool

Attached picture 1gmsn.jpg
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Cut GM Sign on Ebay - Fri May 11 2018 03:44 PM
...." APPEARS SOMEONE ADDED HOLES FOR NEON AT ONE POINT IN ITS LIFE."

LOL,he'd display a piece of swiss cheese and explain it's ready for Neon.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Cut GM Sign on Ebay - Sun May 13 2018 03:08 PM
Good information
Posted By: WASHINGTONCHIEF Re: Cut GM Sign on Ebay - Fri May 25 2018 12:23 AM
Wish I would have seen this thread a little sooner, as in before I bought it. I had no idea it had been cut down until it was out of the box. Poorly cut as well.
Posted By: minuteman Re: Cut GM Sign on Ebay - Fri May 25 2018 12:43 AM
I informed the seller while auction was running but I guess he decided not to share that info.
Posted By: WASHINGTONCHIEF Re: Cut GM Sign on Ebay - Fri May 25 2018 03:43 AM
With out doubt he already knew it. I didn't as I was not familiar with this particular GM sign, but once in hand, it was obvious that someone with a sawzall, and a bad eye, had gone at it.
It was no doubt quite obvious to the seller as well. The sellers response was "you bought a molested sign with holes in it, and now you complain about it being cut on" Funny, he kind of talked the sign up when it was still for sale, now it's molested junk.
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Cut GM Sign on Ebay - Fri May 25 2018 03:48 AM
According to eBay you should be compensated. What have they said about this deception?
Posted By: WASHINGTONCHIEF Re: Cut GM Sign on Ebay - Fri May 25 2018 04:47 AM
I was hoping I did not have to get them involved, and make a big stink over it, but It's looking like I'm going to have to.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Cut GM Sign on Ebay - Fri May 25 2018 04:44 PM
Always involve ebay,the very first minute you begin communications.
I've had a few sellers tell me please don't involve ebay,and they will compensate me.
Only to watch time go by & nothing happens,so I then wish I did and have to go to resolution center.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Cut GM Sign on Ebay - Sat May 26 2018 04:40 AM
Just also remember the seller and inform others if someone asks.
Posted By: WASHINGTONCHIEF Re: Cut GM Sign on Ebay - Sat May 26 2018 07:05 PM
I assumed his reputation was good, but....He is deflecting fault back at me, in the fact I should have known it was cut down. It is not a common sign, so it sure wasn't obvious to me until the sign was in hand. He knew what he had, and was trying to dump it on an unsuspecting buyer, not much different than selling a fake, and claiming to not know after you have been called out on it. Not to hard to find the seller, he poses with every sign.
Posted By: WASHINGTONCHIEF Re: Cut GM Sign on Ebay - Sat May 26 2018 07:06 PM
Does anyone have a photo of what this sign would have looked like before being cut? Thanks
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Cut GM Sign on Ebay - Sat May 26 2018 08:20 PM
Originally Measures 54" X 54".
Anthony Koban,(redhotrelics) knows full well the sign he sold you was cut.

Attached picture gmsign.jpeg
Posted By: WASHINGTONCHIEF Re: Cut GM Sign on Ebay - Sat May 26 2018 09:40 PM
Thanks. That is a beauty, haven't seen one before, hence the reason I got suckered on the other. Without a doubt he knew it was cut, as it was done so poorly.
Posted By: Rsljr1 Re: Cut GM Sign on Ebay - Tue May 29 2018 04:17 AM
file a claim with ebay, send it back, claim. ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED. ebay always favors the buyer. sign not original if its been cut.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Cut GM Sign on Ebay - Wed May 30 2018 04:38 PM
Beautiful sign for sure, its a shame someone cut it. Anybody have an idea what the value would be worth original ?
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk