Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: DWSheffer Oddly.....Exide Battery Carrier - Fri Aug 31 2018 02:44 PM
Oddly, the Exide battery carrier I just purchased for my collection is "for sale" on Ebay, by an Old Gas member, evidently in my same town. Giving the benefit of a doubt to the seller that he has one of the same design, but the photos in the below listing are of MY item.
Buyer beware........
Darin

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1930s-40s-EXIDE-SURE-SERVICE-BATTERY-ACCESSORY-RACK/323422021384
Posted By: gdubya Re: Oddly.....Exide Battery Carrier - Fri Aug 31 2018 03:26 PM
WoW that's strange indeed!
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Oddly.....Exide Battery Carrier - Sat Sep 01 2018 12:03 AM
The good news is your item is certainly worth more than what you paid for it!
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Oddly.....Exide Battery Carrier - Sat Sep 01 2018 12:32 AM
I know, lol.....I got a heckuva deal at $200!! wink
Now I feel much better about buying it as I got a bargain...
Posted By: huskybob Re: Oddly.....Exide Battery Carrier - Sat Sep 01 2018 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by DWSheffer
I know, lol.....I got a heckuva deal at $200!! wink
Now I feel much better about buying it as I got a bargain...

Thanks to Randy....... that guy really knows his stuff.

Originally Posted by advertologist
200. for that is a steal, a no doubter - if your going too pass - pass
it on as I would definitely buy without hesitating
if somebody else buys that you'll be whining for a week,
just a little push - a cool piece .. ... cool
Posted By: gdubya Re: Oddly.....Exide Battery Carrier - Sat Sep 01 2018 01:11 PM
Still, how is this possible for that guy to do this on eBay? Isn't it a scam? If so is he a seller on this forum?
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Oddly.....Exide Battery Carrier - Sat Sep 01 2018 01:26 PM
Yes, it certainly is a scam!

I looked at his other items for sale and noticed the Firestone tire display, the same one that he listed here on Old Gas, so that's how I connected him to this site.
Someone should buy it and leave negative feedback when he can't deliver the goods, since it's no longer sitting in the antique shop where he thinks it's at.
Darin
Posted By: gdubya Re: Oddly.....Exide Battery Carrier - Sat Sep 01 2018 01:43 PM
That's what's wrong in this hobby, I also looked at his page apparently he can't be reached except through eBay, hidden user...lol and money must be paid before item is shipped... should be illegal to use your picture to sell his item...if he has one
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk