Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: johnpeter VINTAGE PORSCHE PORCELAIN SIGN - Mon Mar 23 2020 08:41 AM
VINTAGE PORSCHE PORCELAIN SIGN On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-PO...OIL-STUTTGART-GERMANY-RARE/164124593514?

Located in United States

[Linked Image]

Posted By: BrianH Re: VINTAGE PORSCHE PORCELAIN SIGN - Mon Mar 23 2020 03:01 PM
Somewhere online I found a writeup showing the different porcelain Porsche dealership signs. I know they made one similar to this but I can't find the pics. Here is mine - this is the earliest version made for Porsche. This one dates from the late 1950's.

BrianH

Attached picture IMG_0575.JPG
Posted By: BrianH Re: VINTAGE PORSCHE PORCELAIN SIGN - Mon Mar 23 2020 03:03 PM
Looking at the eBay one again...the STUTTGART font concerns me. Looks like computer font. I would be skeptical of that one.

BrianH
Posted By: minuteman Re: VINTAGE PORSCHE PORCELAIN SIGN - Mon Mar 23 2020 03:14 PM
the eBay one looks to me like a typical reproduction with no comparison to detail... look at the horses mouth and eyes in both pictures...junk in my opinion.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: VINTAGE PORSCHE PORCELAIN SIGN - Mon Mar 23 2020 10:58 PM
My question is why John Peter in Egypt is posting these kinds of pictures on here? Seems like there is a lot of either questionable knowledge, or he is just trying to be part of this without the really knowing what is going on ? John Peter, Please post some pictures of your collection or pieces to see what is available over in Egypt.
Posted By: trifiver Re: VINTAGE PORSCHE PORCELAIN SIGN - Mon Mar 23 2020 11:00 PM
Craig , I have also asked that Question on here , Look at the stuff he has on ebay . IMO most not Real

Be safe

Sid
Posted By: trifiver Re: VINTAGE PORSCHE PORCELAIN SIGN - Mon Mar 23 2020 11:06 PM
here is one that he sold for $350.00 (SAD)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-PO...OIL-STUTTGART-GERMANY-RARE-/164026519596
Posted By: henlovestoys Re: VINTAGE PORSCHE PORCELAIN SIGN - Fri Mar 27 2020 10:53 PM
[quote=BrianH]Somewhere online I found a writeup showing the different porcelain Porsche dealership signs. I know they made one similar to this but I can't find the pics. Here is mine - this is the earliest version made for Porsche. This one dates from the late 1950's.

Thanks for doing the research & sharing this with us.

How could anyone commit to these signs without doing a bit of research?

It is not a rocket science!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk