Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: TeeTee INRECO Globe - Thu Feb 21 2008 05:39 PM
Is this auction legit? Weren't pics of this globe or one like it hijacked quite a while back? I see three red flags...member since feb 08, zero feedback, and no reserve starting at $9. Any thoughts?
Posted By: aquartlow Re: INRECO Globe - Thu Feb 21 2008 05:46 PM
Need item number!
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: INRECO Globe - Thu Feb 21 2008 06:09 PM

------------------
visit my website for original gas pump parts

thepumpdump.com
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: INRECO Globe - Thu Feb 21 2008 06:09 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-VINTAGE-INRECO-...1QQcmdZViewItem

YOU CAN ALSO TYPE IN INRECO IN THE SEARCH BOX!

~DOC
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: INRECO Globe - Thu Feb 21 2008 06:11 PM
WIN AND THEN ASK FOR IT TO BE SENT C.O.D!

~DOC
Posted By: TeeTee Re: INRECO Globe - Thu Feb 21 2008 06:15 PM
oops forgot the item number...just in a hurry like always...thanks for covering for me guys
Posted By: blacktee Re: INRECO Globe - Thu Feb 21 2008 10:19 PM
Is that like a Hull Wide Body ?
Posted By: roger cherry Re: INRECO Globe - Thu Feb 21 2008 11:08 PM
Guys, not 100%, but I think this is a highjacked picture. I bid on this globe the first time it was on ebay. It got up to 7000 ++, but I don't think the tranaction went through. The first owner lived in another state. Buyer beware!!!!
Posted By: TeeTee Re: INRECO Globe - Fri Feb 22 2008 12:36 PM
Roger, it seems like you and I are remembering the same thing about this globe.

Kevin
Posted By: roger cherry Re: INRECO Globe - Fri Feb 22 2008 12:57 PM
The more I looked at the ebay picture the more I remembered about this auction. The slate table the globe is sitting on IS the SAME table two years ago. This is the same picture. Two years ago the seller lived not in SanFran Ca., but in Texas I believe. This is 100% a scam!!!!!! Another case of a highjacked picture being used.
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: INRECO Globe - Fri Feb 22 2008 01:10 PM
IT'S UP TO $565? IS THERE ANYWAY TO ALERT THE BIDDERS WITH YOUR KNOWLEDGE?

~DOC
Posted By: oillease55 Re: INRECO Globe - Fri Feb 22 2008 01:27 PM
I remember it to. I think it's a scam also. It's pretty obvious e-bay dose'nt really care about this kind of problem , they only want the money;;;;;;;;;;;;Ron
Posted By: minuteman Re: INRECO Globe - Fri Feb 22 2008 02:47 PM
I asked if high bidder could pick up the globe and NO answer back so its a scammer alright...if he cannot give negative feedback to the buyer can someone not just bid say 20,000 to ensure your high bidder and don't pay...plus he would be stuck with final fee's...or is it other way where you can't give seller neg. feedback?
Posted By: billbailey Re: INRECO Globe - Fri Feb 22 2008 03:39 PM
I sent a question to the seller asking if this was the same item that turned out to be a scam two years ago, let's see what kind of answer I get, if any.
Posted By: turlockbob Re: INRECO Globe - Fri Feb 22 2008 04:17 PM
I emailed and asked If I can come over and look at it, no reply

[This message has been edited by turlockbob (edited 02-22-2008).]
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: INRECO Globe - Fri Feb 22 2008 04:22 PM
I JUST SEND THE SELLER A MESSAGE:

"I SMELL A RAT - I AM WATCHING YOU!"

SEE WHAT THAT DOES! ;D

~DOC
Posted By: thermactor Re: INRECO Globe - Sat Feb 23 2008 02:19 AM
Doc,

It's probably being run by some foreigner, so I bet he won't even understand your cliche

I am getting so sick of all the scams, both on ebay and elsewhere, associated with collecting. Collecting should be a fun, easygoing hobby. It's turning into a stressful minefield.

Wes
Posted By: squick Re: INRECO Globe - Sat Feb 23 2008 08:25 PM
Its up tp 1358 dollars now
Posted By: thermactor Re: INRECO Globe - Tue Feb 26 2008 02:32 AM
One bidder retracted, saying they could not contact the seller.

Which brings up a good point... Can you enter your own "reason" for retraction? If so, could you type "This is a scam, item does not exist" for the retraction reason for everyone to see?

Or does it just give you a list of canned reasons to select?

Wes
Posted By: 59fairlane Re: INRECO Globe - Tue Feb 26 2008 08:08 PM
You can bid on it, then retract it and see what happens......

I just sent a couple of questions, I'll see if I hear anything back. I am guessing not.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: INRECO Globe - Tue Feb 26 2008 11:14 PM
ok so what happens if you go to "report this item"?
Posted By: Ryan Fortner Re: INRECO Globe - Wed Feb 27 2008 12:43 PM
Scams come in because it seems too many people in this hobby are in it to get rich. I know all about the economics of it and supply and demand, however there are several members here alone who will sell a 375.00 globe for 800.00 and so on. If the hobby was truly about being fun and easy going prices might reflect. I know that there is only a limited number of items left out there in the world we can collect. I also know the value of a rare item but scammers see even common items going sky high and see the opportunity.
Posted By: roadrelics Re: INRECO Globe - Wed Feb 27 2008 12:59 PM
GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!!!
Posted By: Don Beaver Re: INRECO Globe - Wed Feb 27 2008 01:00 PM
I just sent this to ebay lets see what happens: This gas globe does not belong to this seller he stole a picture from a previous auction a friend had here on ebay about 1 year ago as you can see this is a new seller pulling a fast one. See reference http://www.oldgas.com/shoptalk/ubb/Forum5/HTML/002023.html Hope you stop this auction before someone gets ripped off. Thanks Don
Posted By: Jarvis Re: INRECO Globe - Wed Feb 27 2008 01:35 PM
I just got an e-mail ebay pulled the auction.

I want to add to Ryans post. Ryan it doesn't matter what someone pays for an item and what he wants to sell it for. If i get lucky and find a globe for free that doesn't mean i need to give it away. Some guys try to sell items to buy other pieces for there collection. You might find someone selling a $375 for globe $800 and someone buys it for $800 because to them that is what they have been looking for. Doens't mean that globe is now worth $800 but that is what's funny about our hobby is some items it does mean it's $800. Go figure. LOL

Just glad e-bay pulled it and someone didn't get ripped off.
Posted By: roadrelics Re: INRECO Globe - Wed Feb 27 2008 02:03 PM
well they are still trying to rip off us here..........I sent them an email a couple of days ago & here is their response....

Dear duprechris4,

where did you get this globe ?? can i pick it up if i ma the winner as its very fragile to ship &i would hate to see it get broken.....

- road-relics

Hi

My INRECO GAS PUMP GLOBE is not on ebay anymore but is still available for sale. My usual schedule was modified because I have to take care of some business, so I had to go to Spain and that's why I have closed the auction.
My final price for the gas globe is $1,800.00 including all the shipping costs and insurance.
I must add that you'll have the opportunity to inspect the item before you actually pay for it.
I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.
Thanks and sorry for delay,
Christina
Posted By: wfort39663 Re: INRECO Globe - Wed Feb 27 2008 02:41 PM
I received the same exact message except it said the final price was $3800. Was the $1800 you posted a typo or is he fooling around again?
Posted By: roadrelics Re: INRECO Globe - Wed Feb 27 2008 02:54 PM
no typo........ she wants $1800 from me for the globe.....I emailed back telling her i really want to buy the globe & will get a check right out........
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: INRECO Globe - Wed Feb 27 2008 04:28 PM
I like this topic, it's very interesting to see you guys at work,, ! Good Luck..
Posted By: mobil100 Re: INRECO Globe - Wed Feb 27 2008 05:29 PM
I received the same answer

Hi

My INRECO GAS PUMP GLOBE is not on ebay anymore but is still available for sale. My usual schedule was modified because I have to take care of some business, so I had to go to Spain and that's why I have closed the auction.
My final price for the gas globe is $1,800.00 including all the shipping costs and insurance.
I must add that you'll have the opportunity to inspect the item before you actually pay for it.
I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.
Thanks and sorry for delay,
Christina
Posted By: TeeTee Re: INRECO Globe - Wed Feb 27 2008 07:26 PM
I too got the same message, but my price was $3800...I can't even get a good deal from the scammers!!! lol.

Kevin
Posted By: roadrelics Re: INRECO Globe - Wed Feb 27 2008 08:24 PM
it just goes to show that some of these scammers can be stopped when guys like Tee Tee notice it it in the first place, then Roger, gaspumpman & others report this guy in a "creative way"...I liked the idea of sending ebay the link to this thread, maybe they take it a little more serious.......

Job well done guys

Below is the latest emails about buying this globe

In a message dated 2/27/2008 10:47:38 AM US Eastern Standard Time, RoadRelics writes:

yes i am interested........how do i inspect before buying it ?? Thanks Roadrelics

Hi

I want to make the transaction thru Moneybookers. This way you will have the opportunity to inspect the gas globe before you actually pay for it. I'm saying this because you will have a maximum 14 days inspection period. You will send the money to Moneybookers and they will keep the money for us. As soon as Moneybookers has the money I'll ship the globe to you.
Moneybookers releases funds to the Seller once the inspection period has passed without the Buyer requesting cancellation of the transaction and upon Moneybookers verification of the transaction information. The inspection period is agreed to by both the Buyer and the Seller and commences once the Buyer has received the items. Funds are released to the Seller the same or next business day after completion of the transaction and upon verification by Internet Moneybookers Services.
As soon as I have your full name and also your full shipping address I will open a case at Moneybookers and they will give you step by step details on how to proceed with the deal and to make the payment.
Thanks,
Christina

I think i will tell them i want to use my own escrow account

[This message has been edited by roadrelics@aol.com (edited 02-27-2008).]
Posted By: 59fairlane Re: INRECO Globe - Wed Feb 27 2008 08:36 PM
This is getting interesting. I received no reply. She's trying real hard to complete this deal huh?
Posted By: Jarvis Re: INRECO Globe - Wed Feb 27 2008 09:38 PM
Oh i just had an idea. Let everyone tell her we want it and send photo copies of real money. Black and white copies so we don't get in trouble. That would be funny.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: INRECO Globe - Wed Feb 27 2008 09:55 PM
i never received anything from her.course i quit bidding a long time ago.did get a message from ebay about it though!
Posted By: frankpl Re: INRECO Globe - Thu Feb 28 2008 12:59 AM
I have an Inreco Regular globe but it's completely different than this one, has anybody seen another like either of these?
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk