Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: fast66 Pegasus - Thu Feb 02 2006 07:19 AM
Check this out: http://cgi.ebay.com/MOBIL-GASOLINE-OIL-F...1QQcmdZViewItem
I read somewhere there were only five or so known to still exist.
brgds
Claes
Posted By: thermactor Re: Pegasus - Thu Feb 02 2006 02:06 PM
Hubba -- you NEED this...

LOL

Wes
Posted By: Gary Drye Re: Pegasus - Thu Feb 02 2006 02:21 PM
Here you go Richard. The ultimate Mobil collectible. Although the restoration looks great, I still favor the one that the General Petro Museum sold a couple years ago. Just something about "patina".
Posted By: djhubba Re: Pegasus - Thu Feb 02 2006 03:14 PM
LOL..it is killer... but with my large rear quarters I probably would break it..LOL JK. I had my wedding reception at the General Petro Museum and we had our picture taken on theirs. My Wife left me but at least I can say "I RODE THE FLYING RED HORSE"...LOL

------------------
Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK and humble moderator
Posted By: Gary Drye Re: Pegasus - Thu Feb 02 2006 06:31 PM
Hubba, I wouldn't touch your reply's last line with a ten foot pole!!! LOL
Posted By: Alex Re: Pegasus - Thu Feb 02 2006 06:38 PM
I, too, was fortunate to get into the General Petro museum a few years back. IT was closed, but the restaurant below was open. I asked the waitress when it was open, and she brought someone over who said I could go up. I was in there one other time. As much as I like Texaco, that Flying Red Horse ride would have been one to take home. My backside is too big to ride it too, Hubba. LOL
Posted By: bettin Re: Pegasus - Sat Feb 04 2006 12:43 AM
delete

[This message has been edited by bettin (edited 04-22-2006).]
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Pegasus - Sat Feb 04 2006 12:50 AM
DID THESE HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MOBIL MERCHANDISING OR WERE THEY JUST A VERY CLOSE AND PROBABLY ILLEGAL COUSIN TO THE MOBILGAS PEGASUS? I MEAN WAS THERE A REAL RELATION TO MOBIL ON THESE RIDES? JUST CURIOUS!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Pegasus - Sat Feb 04 2006 01:43 AM
Supposedly MOBIL had 5 made. They were used at grand openings at major stations.
General Petro. Museum owned 2 [1 was restore, other was original condition]. Roy Reed bought both from Jeff's family after his passing. Roy sold the restored one in his auction. He still has the original condition one.
Dick
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk