Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: nochevys want your own station? - Sat Feb 11 2006 09:32 AM
check out this auction.I'd consider it if I lived closer. 7218022683

Here's a pick of the station in action:

[This message has been edited by nochevys (edited 02-11-2006).]
Posted By: gasoildude Re: want your own station? - Sat Feb 11 2006 02:39 PM
This station is a cool one. I remember it when it was open. I guy I know took it down & was going to put it up in his back yard. All you get in this auction is the building. The signs are downtown on the side of the Zephyr paper building. The signs are lexan not medal or porcelain. Becks is a local bulk petro dealer & still in business. A good buy & no reserve. Here is his picture of the bulding in the auction.

Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: want your own station? - Sat Feb 11 2006 05:14 PM
I'LL TAKE A FULL TANK OF THAT 87¢ PREMIUM GASOLINE...WHAT A DEAL!

UNFORT SELLING GAS BELOW DEALER COST IS WHAT PUT THIS PLACE OUT OF BUSINESS! LOL!!

DOC
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: want your own station? - Sat Feb 11 2006 05:27 PM
Jim Potts is our resident Zephyr collector. I think this would look great in his back yard!
Posted By: gasoildude Re: want your own station? - Sun Feb 12 2006 03:00 PM
I agree & I can deliver it to him
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: want your own station? - Sun Feb 12 2006 03:17 PM
He doesn't want it.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: want your own station? - Sun Feb 12 2006 07:51 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this. If I had more room here, I certainly would be interested. That's a dream of mine to outfit a vintage 40s-50s Zephyr station. My dream has a traditional building with service bays, while the one on eBay has no bays and a unique a-frame style with wings. I've gotta refine that dream and work to make it a reality somehow. Anybody got a few acres with Ozarkish land not too far from St. Louis?

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk