Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: phmlpn "Good Used Condition"? - Sat Jul 22 2006 12:16 PM
I've been seeing an increasing number of eBay listings with "Good Used Condition" given as the condition of that particular item.

Would this fall under "suspicious" item condition descriptors, such as "good shape/condition given its age"?

phmlpn
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: "Good Used Condition"? - Sat Jul 22 2006 12:33 PM
..."good used condition" sounds fine to me - sounds like it's been used, but still in good condition...
Posted By: Pablo Re: "Good Used Condition"? - Sat Jul 22 2006 12:54 PM
Nothing wrong with a description of "good used condition". However, as always the photos tell the story and should guide your bidding decision. Here's how I approach all eBay auctions. If there aren't enough photos or they don't adequately show the condition of the item, I write to the seller. If the seller doesn't respond with better photos which show the actual condition of the item, then I don't bid. Once you get burned on a misrepresented poor quality item, you will adopt a similar policy.

Paul
Posted By: st.rod Re: "Good Used Condition"? - Wed Jul 26 2006 01:56 AM
I feel its just a matter of E-bay asking for a condition in one of the steps in listing an item. I never put any thing there. I explain condition and show pics when I list. JMTC (just my two cents)
Larry
Posted By: scooter81 Re: "Good Used Condition"? - Fri Jul 28 2006 01:11 AM
id rather have good used than poor used condition. sorry just being a wise monkey. wording on online stuff is soooo trickey, use the ask seller a question button as much as possible
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: "Good Used Condition"? - Fri Jul 28 2006 03:15 AM
I asked seller why he was charging $100 shipping UPS ground on a 35# item ?
His reply:
"to pay pay-pal ebay ups and me thanks jeff"

SENT ITEM # TO EBAY [they never do anything]I WON'T BID
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk