Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Jack Sim What to look out for when you are bidding on Ebay! - Sat Nov 14 2009 05:16 AM
I buy and sell on Ebay a lot, but everytime I see something suspectious I want to let guys on this website know about it, but, it doesn't seem to be a subject we can all comment about. But...I decided to try anywhay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250526770728

Read down, notice that he state "These" signs. I wonder how many he has?

How about any of you who notice things like this posting it here, there are still many who come on this site who know nothing about Ebay and bidding.

Jack Sim
Jack there are quite a few that post ??? items here
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=5&page=1
Sorry, should have looked there first, you can move this if you want.

JS
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: What to look out for when you are bidding on Ebay! - Sat Nov 14 2009 10:19 AM
??? does it matter if he has 1 or 3
I've bought from this guy before and have him listed as a favorite seller. If he sells a repop he lists it as such whenever I've been watching.
Moved from General Petroliana Discussion to Online Auctions, eBay forum
I have spoken with this seller on the phone (not about this sign)and he explained he lives in an area that is rich in old porcelain and tin signs. I have watched his auctions and he sells some killer original signs as well as manufacturing some very nice reproduction porcelain signs all of which are DATED and LICENSED!!!, I think the company on the re-pops is Vintage Concepts. I believe him to be quite honest and a great person to deal with, as I have purchased several signs from him. All his auctions state whether they are "Real or Re-pop" Besides- I don't think anyone would waste their time re-poping and distressing such a plain jane sign anyways.
Just my buck ninty-eight ninty two!
All Clarence did was use a saved "template" from when he sells his ltd ed repro signs and forgot to change "these" to "this".
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk