Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: chrisbowers Did I do something wrong here? - Mon May 10 2010 06:31 PM
So some of you may have seen the Texaco Marine quart that was on eBay twice with no bids... It ended again last night, no bids. So I emailed the guy an offer, which I thought was a reasonable offer considering the can had a big dent and it had gone 2 7 day auctions with no bids. Well the jerk just emails me back saying "I should report you to eBay".

I wasn't asking him to end an auction early, so I don't know what his problem is. I guess he can just keep going on listing it with no bids.

I've been on eBay since 1997 with a perfect feedback rating.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Did I do something wrong here? - Mon May 10 2010 06:49 PM
Chris--When it comes to Ebay---don't take it personal. The guy was probably disgusted that he had no bids on his "treasure" and then you came along trying to get it from him!
Posted By: chrisbowers Re: Did I do something wrong here? - Mon May 10 2010 07:12 PM
Oh yeah, I know... I guess I've been lucky in that most dealings I've had on eBay have been very good. In the 13 years I've been on there, I've only had one dispute (which ended up in my favor). Some guy sold me an outboard advertised as one year but it turned out that he altered the serial number to make it look newer than it was. The idiot did all the work for me though, he caught himself in about 10 lies and was dumb enough to put it all in writing via email.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Did I do something wrong here? - Mon May 10 2010 08:22 PM
He probably had about 10,000 questions on the item and 9,999 were probably all dumb questions. Im sure he is probably just fed up. Dont take it personally.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk