Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: petropumps Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Mon May 17 2010 07:18 PM
I know it's a lot of stuff, but $1,000,000?!!! Just spit-wadding, I'm thinking retail around $250K?? Anyone know who's collection this is and/or if there's any really good stuff in it?

Ebay# 110534466988
Posted By: powerlube Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Mon May 17 2010 08:22 PM
I don't think there is a million there. The pump look many of them are missing skins and parts.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Mon May 17 2010 08:48 PM
Wow! Thats alot of $$$$
Posted By: cggas Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Tue May 18 2010 12:52 AM
looks like alot of good stuff, along with alot of parts pumps, way over priced for me. chris
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Tue May 18 2010 12:56 AM
eek Way to much indeed eek
Posted By: dundign Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Tue May 18 2010 01:00 AM
Ryan-- Lets go half and half !!!! HA HA
Posted By: philmccauley Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Tue May 18 2010 01:08 AM
Someone has been taking pics at my house. LOL
Posted By: toychaser2005 Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Tue May 18 2010 01:10 AM
holy s$$$
Posted By: dundign Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Tue May 18 2010 01:15 AM
Phil-- Look on goggle earth -- you can see the masses of pumps !
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Tue May 18 2010 11:55 AM
Originally Posted By: dundign
Ryan-- Lets go half and half !!!! HA HA

Thats funny, if you only knew. LOL
Posted By: 67Chev4X4 Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Wed May 19 2010 05:19 AM
The seller has been watching American Pickers. Thats what that show will do to the hobby.
Posted By: powerlube Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Thu May 20 2010 01:27 AM

Some gems bit too many common pumps to get anyone to buy the group. This will take a few dealers to put a deal together with this guy...
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Thu May 20 2010 04:14 AM
In this economy he will be lucky @ 1/2 the asking price for the lot. Will bring a higher price by dividing into groups.
Posted By: chrisbowers Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Thu May 20 2010 07:11 PM
Wow, that's like my dream come true to sift through a place like that. Not at that price though!
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Thu May 20 2010 07:14 PM
agree chris!!what a way to spend a weekend!!
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Thu May 20 2010 11:19 PM
Just putting numbers on this, 200 globes at $1000.00 each, 100 unrestored pumps at 2000.00 each, by the looks of it 100 electric pumps at 500.00 each, and 100 signs at 1000.00 each. How in the world do we get to $1,000,000.00 and this is just giving them the benefit of the doubt ? But what fun !!
Posted By: travis_towle Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Sat May 29 2010 03:53 AM
Well he cut the price 1/2, and cut the 100 pumps to 1/2 too - but what do you guys think this is really worth?

There are some very hard to find things hidden in DthAT DthERE piles!

I did see a Bowser C-110 TOP but no bottom - wheres the bottom! I would like to see someone find a bottom to put that on if it's not there! Let's see, as far as I know I am the only one here with a Bowser C-110, but mine does not have the "dial-a-gallon computer" or it's door "been looken 5 years for one now".

HIS:

MINE:

Travis
Topeka, Kansas
Posted By: powerlube Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Sat May 29 2010 10:48 AM
I talked to the guy he really wants 250k but he is a picker who is trying to help sell the collection. I really don't think a collector would buy this lot as there is not one super rare item in the bunch. Sure there are a few older pumps but not enough to justify the $$$. You would have to find a dealer. The dealer would want to make some $$ so I think the collection would have to be priced somewhere aroun $100k or so. Just my .02 Here is a link to all the pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/112816143502...amp;feat=email#
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Sat May 29 2010 12:59 PM
Travis, That could also be a C-111 top.
Posted By: PennWheelerPetro Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Sat May 29 2010 08:35 PM
I've talked with the guy several times and have tried to explain that he would probably have better luck splitting it into 3 or 4 lots (signs, pumps, globes, and cans or misc stuff). He says the owner of this stuff has been picking for 40 yrs to get the collection to where it's at. The owner says it all goes in one lot or not at all.

Jerry
Posted By: s932 Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Sat May 29 2010 08:59 PM
I see the globe that i have been after for a long time in the pile, But im still nit parting with that kind of money.
Posted By: PennWheelerPetro Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Sat May 29 2010 09:54 PM
I offered a very large sum of money for the globes and after seeing the globes my offer was probably right at retail value. Very nice guy to talk to but he just thinks what he has is gold.
Posted By: DCpate Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Sat May 29 2010 09:55 PM

Something about seeing all those neglected globes and signs bothers me...yeah maybe the guy is a long time picker but you oughta take pride in your collection...looks like a bunch of junk laying around...
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Sun May 30 2010 12:48 AM
I see a nice early American computer pump, model 488 that I would love to have in the pile.
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Sun May 30 2010 01:44 AM
Looks more like a pack rat that has some nice items & takes care of none of it frown
There are a few pumps & globes that anyone would love to have in there collection.
Posted By: travis_towle Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Sun May 30 2010 02:03 AM
Look at the bright side - at least he did not die and have his family bring in a bunch of dumpsters and start hauling stuff to the dump - and we all find out 6 months later! In the end this will all end up in our hands one way or another.

Travis
Topeka, Kansas
Posted By: dodgeman60 Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Sun May 30 2010 10:44 AM
WHERE IS THIS COLLECTION? WOW LOTS OF GOOD STUFF!!
Posted By: s932 Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Sun May 30 2010 11:49 AM
Good point Travis that is a good way to look at it.
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Sun May 30 2010 12:03 PM
Travis I can agree with ya there smile
Posted By: pumplover Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Thu Jun 03 2010 04:54 PM
Miles Little is a good friend of mine and I gave him the phone number to check this out. To make a long story short Miles called the guy and it lasted about 20 seconds after finding out who was on the other end. Miles hung up and said he had dealings with this guy not to long ago that is representing this stuff and would never deal with him again. Those of you that know Miles know he is straight shooter and gets along with everybody. After Miles told me what this guy did I say anybody that is interested in this stuff better be able to put there hands on it to check it out and make sure who does own it.
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: Big Collection, Bigger Price!! - Thu Jun 03 2010 07:14 PM
Are they located in Spokane? LOL
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk