Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Dick Bennett Yellow POWERLUBE-Full - Tue Sep 07 2010 01:12 PM
What will it sell for ?
I'm guessing $1800
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Yellow POWERLUBE-Full - Tue Sep 07 2010 01:18 PM
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Yellow POWERLUBE-Full - Tue Sep 07 2010 01:18 PM
Wow! That will be interesting to watch!
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Yellow POWERLUBE-Full - Tue Sep 07 2010 01:23 PM
cool can...
I'm in at 1577
Posted By: minuteman Re: Yellow POWERLUBE-Full - Tue Sep 07 2010 02:21 PM
$1177.00 todays economy
Posted By: powerlube Re: Yellow POWERLUBE-Full - Tue Sep 07 2010 04:28 PM
Thanks Dick.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Yellow POWERLUBE-Full - Tue Sep 07 2010 05:19 PM
wow!! i gotta find me a case of those at a garage sale!!
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Yellow POWERLUBE-Full - Tue Sep 07 2010 05:54 PM
Originally Posted By: powerlube
Thanks Dick.

LOL
Posted By: pumpingethyl Re: Yellow POWERLUBE-Full - Tue Sep 07 2010 08:09 PM
Posted By: advertologist : Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Tue Sep 07 2010 08:16 PM
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Yellow POWERLUBE-Full - Tue Sep 07 2010 09:04 PM
Thanks Dick.

Glad to help, Scott !
Have you tried to kill the auction ?
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Yellow POWERLUBE-Full - Tue Sep 07 2010 09:29 PM
Originally Posted By: oldnfuelish
wow!! i gotta find me a case of those at a garage sale!!

Im with you there Mick LOL laugh
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Yellow POWERLUBE-Full - Tue Sep 07 2010 09:40 PM
That's not likely to happen in ILL. !
Keep checking Craig's List around Colo.!

Hey Scott, what'cha give me to NOT bid on it ? ! LOL
Posted By: publicenemy1925 Re: Yellow POWERLUBE-Full - Tue Sep 07 2010 10:46 PM
I asked Rainman and he said "about a hundred dollars".
Posted By: minuteman Re: Yellow POWERLUBE-Full - Wed Sep 08 2010 01:40 AM
doesn't even show up on my search for "oil can" as he doesn't have the word oil in the heading...good find dick..
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Yellow POWERLUBE-Full - Wed Sep 08 2010 02:01 AM
Shame on them for not cleaning it up.
Posted By: advertologist Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Wed Sep 08 2010 02:36 AM
Can has cleared a 1000.
auction not 1/2 over....
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Wed Sep 08 2010 02:47 AM
& top 2 bidders each have less than 35 feedback #'s. Newbies are going for the Gold!
Posted By: powerlube Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Wed Sep 08 2010 12:02 PM
shilling
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=200516037443&aid=i***9&eu=a7KdR%2BRzCpm8lXl%2B7q1%2FF80ORp2izhBj&view=NONE&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_None_ViewLink
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Wed Sep 08 2010 01:39 PM
shilling

Are you serious?? Not on ebay!
Posted By: powerlube Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Fri Sep 10 2010 12:43 PM
What a pain in the butt...
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Fri Sep 10 2010 12:48 PM
Scott, Can you share details of why?
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Fri Sep 10 2010 02:58 PM
I'd also like to know Scott...
I see your post about schill bidding ???
He has a chevy station wagon up for auction also and the high bidder has 0 buys! THAT I would assume is a schill bid!
Here is link

chevy belair
AUCTION for can JUST ENDED!
Posted By: powerlube Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Fri Sep 10 2010 03:13 PM
I need to bite my tongue right now but hope to post an update by next Thursday.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Fri Sep 10 2010 03:38 PM
I need to bite my tongue right now but hope to post an update by next Thursday.

Dont bite it off!
Posted By: LC 336 Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Fri Sep 10 2010 06:44 PM
What was the final price? I see it didn't sell.
Posted By: avio Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Fri Sep 10 2010 08:22 PM
Why do these moron's even bother to put things on Ebay when they do this, and then pull it with one day left! It's getting to the point when something good shows up on Ebay you better start throwing offers at them or its going to disappear anyway!
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sat Sep 11 2010 12:09 AM
Its Gonna Look Real Nice On My Shelf!!!! grin grin grin grin wink

I WISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crazy
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sat Sep 11 2010 01:51 AM
Sometimes ya just have to step up to get the better stuff.
Hope you enjoy your $2500 can Scott.
Can't blame ya for waiting till you have it in your hands before saying anything against seller.
db
Posted By: hotrodhudson48 Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sat Sep 11 2010 03:19 AM
DB nailed it!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sat Sep 11 2010 04:27 AM
Originally Posted By: avio
Why do these moron's even bother to put things on Ebay when they do this, and then pull it with one day left! It's getting to the point when something good shows up on Ebay you better start throwing offers at them or its going to disappear anyway!

I wouldn't call them Morons, where else can you get World Wide advertising for an item @ less than $10 ?

$2,000+ in hand is better than Hoping to get $2,500.
Posted By: avio Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sat Sep 11 2010 04:43 AM
You can call them what you want but 2000 compared to 2500, I would say MORON!!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sat Sep 11 2010 04:53 AM
That's how Las Vegas was built, Morons HOPING they will hit it Big, so they keep spending & Hoping !
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sat Sep 11 2010 12:37 PM
Final ebay fees would have been $50 which ebay lost. How long will ebay be around if everyone started pulling there auctions? To list the item was free!
Posted By: PennWheelerPetro Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sat Sep 11 2010 01:01 PM
He's was guaranteed 2,500.00 because that was my snipe bid. It sucks that sellers pull stuff after listing it, and I personally think evilbay should have a zero tolerance policy for it but until they do us as buyer have to join the crowd and just throw an offer out there, and see if they bite. I know i'll be doing it from now on.
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sat Sep 11 2010 01:06 PM
Like I said before, The SAME people who complain about ebay are the SAME people who make it what it is.
Posted By: hotrodhudson48 Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sat Sep 11 2010 01:25 PM
Try listing one of your very rare and prized items that you are going to sell on ebay and see what it is like to resist some of the offers that come your way via emails or phone calls. The offers can be very tempting and it takes some restraint to allow the auction to take it's due course. Many times my $$$ offers have way exceeded what the item actually sold for. Hard for me to blame a seller when I know the stress that goes on behind the scenes to carry the auction to the very end. Sellers can have the best of intentions but there are some very good closers that might be able to sway you to end the auction early. I know that most serious bidding takes place in the final few seconds but for the seller that can be a very long time to wait.
Posted By: gmstuff Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sat Sep 11 2010 02:31 PM
I hardly think I could blame the seller, I have pulled listings off eBay in past and will continue to do it. Why should I give them a commission for selling something when I could pocket that profit. I have also purchased items off eBay many times in the past, no different that beating someone to it at a swap meet.

Remember, they didn’t make one of ANYTHING, just means you might have to look a little harder, and that my favorite part of this hobby, the hunt…. My 2 cents.
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sat Sep 11 2010 02:52 PM
going off gmstuffs thinking how long would ebay be in business if everyone did that?
Don't get me wrong i hate paying ebay fees like everyone else and i too have had auctions ended for me. I had it done to me many times so now every time someone lists an item i really want i tell them not to end the item without me have a crack at buying it first.

It's not about buying it cheap it ripping some seller off. It's finding something you have never seen before and thinking it's shouldn't sell for more than $2500 but what if one other guy has the same thought? It's a gamble... it could go for less or it could go for more.
Posted By: advertologist Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sat Sep 11 2010 03:01 PM
When it is in your possession you can ask or do what you want with it. I don't think this is going to effect the price of ebay stock.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sat Sep 11 2010 03:55 PM
"Why should I give them a commission for selling something when I could pocket that profit."

Lets see, they bring in potential "foot traffic" to look at your items. In fact so much so, that you, yourself in decades couldn't match the numbers that browse ebay each day.

Reading statements like that I wonder, does one steal a neighbor's newspaper? "Why subscribe when I can "borrow" my neighbor's"? Hell, why pay for power or cable/satellite service, I can just "piggyback" off of my neighbor? Let him pay the bill.

Before one starts "The I'm not stealing anything". Think about it, you "steal" Ebay's time and resources. You "steal" revenue from the company, their employees and from their stockholders. You "steal" money from other sellers who have to pay higher fees because ebay is losing revenue.

Now some might try and rationalize this "theft" by saying, I'm only one person and I sell only a few items. True, you are one seller...... Now multiply that one seller, by the hundreds of thousands(millions) of sellers. How many of them do the same thing? Lets say ebay has 1 million sellers in a typical day and 3% of those pull their listings, while selling the item, without paying ebay their share. Hell lets drop that to 1%. Still one hell of a lot of money, just was stolen from ebay, EACH DAY. Yes, it is theft, you can try to wrap it up in "pretty paper and tie a colorful bow on it", but it is still theft.

Also one last thought for the membership, if someone here says they "get over" on ebay and are proud of it. When they have an item up for sale here are you going to wonder "They have no problem screwing over ebay, why won't they screw me over the same way"? "I offered "X amount", what happens if someone offers them $ more"? Will they honor my bid because it was first or will they decide they can "get more profit"?
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sat Sep 11 2010 03:58 PM
[quote=gmstuff]I hardly think I could blame the seller, I have pulled listings off eBay in past and will continue to do it. Why should I give them a commission for selling something when I could pocket that profit.

The thing is, You would not have had that seller if it wasn't for the listing on ebay. Nobody likes to feel used, but that is exactly what your doing, Using ebay to find a buyer, then stealing their commission after they did the legwork and put buyer and seller together.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sat Sep 11 2010 04:21 PM
Seller has no idea what someone has bid as a snipe, & then it will only be used when some other bidder gets close or goes over that bid. It's still a gamble what item will sell for.
Posted By: gmstuff Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sat Sep 11 2010 04:50 PM
Bob, you can justify it however you want… Bottom line for me is, I paid the listing fee and from that alone EBay is getting fat; I’m not worried about their bottom line. Like Advertoligist said, their stock isn’t exactly plummeting.

Just last week I listed some items here on Oldgas for sale, after a few days of no responses I listed the items on eBay. After I posted the eBay listing an Oldgas member called me to purchase the item he saw posted here. I ended the eBay listing and sold it to the member. EBay was happy with the listing fee, the buyer was happy with the purchase and I got my asking price……. So, where’s the problem??
Posted By: powerlube Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sun Sep 12 2010 01:14 AM
Ah the real story- I did not get the can...

So I like many other collectors saw this can and asked what he would sell the can for. We haggled a bit over email and ended up settling on a package price for the can and a red crown thermometer. He would not give me his phone number, red flag number one. I sent him the money via paypal on Tuesday. He then stopped returning my emails. At the same time he continued to shop the can on Wednesday and Thursday trying to get money from other collectors to sell the same can again. On Friday I contacted the police to file a report and suddenly he answers his phone and shares his sob story about not being able to pay his bills. He promises to send the can on Monday.

Tonight I get an email that he is selling the can to another collector who emailed him after the auction ended. Sometimes you win sometimes you loose but I will have my day in court with this guy. I already filed the paperwork tonight. Its guys like this that make buying through ebay worth the extra money you have to pay fighting it out with other bidders.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sun Sep 12 2010 01:21 AM
Sorry to read that you got hosed Scott. The can would have found the perfect home with you! Hopefully the legal system will take care of this person.
Posted By: powerlube Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sun Sep 12 2010 01:24 AM
Until ebay put a clause that once an item is listed it cannot end we will have to 'play the system'.

In this case, I get screwed and the unsuspecting second bidder who is buying the can now will get burned as this guy is selling a stolen can at this point. This is the second time I have had to take a seller to court, its not fun but in the end we have to put a stop to guys like this.
Posted By: avio Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sun Sep 12 2010 02:13 AM
Thanks for the update. I rest my case!!
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sun Sep 12 2010 11:28 AM
Originally Posted By: avio
Thanks for the update. I rest my case!!

Yep, now there is no buyer protection thru Paypal because it was bought offsite.

This seller was probably a good honest seller until all the offers starting pouring in with people saying they will send money immediately, with all the temptation he turned bad. Again ebay buyers not wanting to wait out an auction created another bad ebay experience.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Sun Sep 12 2010 12:32 PM
ouch!!
Posted By: grabber Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Tue Sep 14 2010 01:12 PM
Scott - I had a fellow that "changed his mind" after I sent him a very large sum of money for some signs....you can file a claim with paypal (even if the item was not purchased on ebay)...this will freeze his paypal account (or at least the funds)...I believe the seller will have to prove he sent you the item in order to have the funds released....(you may also have to do something on your end to "un-freeze the funds". You did the right thing by filing a police report...Best of luck to you...its never fun dealing with a crook!
Posted By: powerlube Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Mon May 23 2011 07:15 PM
New update!!!!

Seller relisted the can and I was the high Bidder but the seller did not want to sell to be because during the last auction an oldgasser emailed him after we struck our $2200 deal telling him it was $3500 can so friofrio backed out.

I paid for the can again, the ebay seller now scorned sold it to the second high bidder, another collector oldgas collector.

Another paypal claim for this one. I am not to happy with the other collector either...
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Mon May 23 2011 09:25 PM
???? Why would you bid and pay for the same can you got screwed on already, by the same seller that screwed you.
Posted By: powerlube Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Mon May 23 2011 10:06 PM
I REALLY wanted that can.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Mon May 23 2011 11:08 PM
Grown Children, don't know when to quit!
Posted By: gmstuff Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Mon May 23 2011 11:45 PM
That sucks!! Some people don't know how to be honest.......
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Tue May 24 2011 11:02 PM
Ended 5-22-11
Posted By: blacktee Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Wed May 25 2011 02:24 AM
And feedback one day later ?????????????????????/////////
Posted By: archer2 Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Wed May 25 2011 02:26 AM
Smooth.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Wed May 25 2011 02:45 AM
I wonder what the ebay fee's are on that amount & if the second bidder got the can..
Posted By: Chevrolet SS Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Wed May 25 2011 02:51 AM
$100 final value fee
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Wed May 25 2011 09:35 AM
Wow thats Cheap for the exposure and amount it brought. Ebay, still the best bang for the buck. laugh
Posted By: oillease55 Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Wed May 25 2011 09:50 AM
I agree. ;;;;;;;;;Ron
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Wed May 25 2011 11:24 AM
The winning bidder has 1 feedback,,, ( newbie),,, wow ! He goes from $290 to $2939 ???
Posted By: grabber Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Wed May 25 2011 03:07 PM
Buyer left a negative one day after buying item...stating he paid and never received item...CRAZY...

Scott...you will find one of these cans...I'm sure...nothing like chasing a "holy grail" smile
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Wed May 25 2011 04:54 PM
Originally Posted By: grabber
Buyer left a negative one day after buying item...stating he paid and never received item...CRAZY...

Scott...you will find one of these cans...I'm sure...nothing like chasing a "holy grail" smile

I believe we are talking about 1 person here
Posted By: DP Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Wed May 25 2011 05:40 PM
Originally Posted By: KZ1000
Originally Posted By: grabber

I believe we are talking about 1 person here

That's what I thought too, but I wasn't sure.
Posted By: blacktee Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Wed May 25 2011 10:17 PM
Originally Posted By: flash_1967
$100 final value fee

Are you sure about that. Listing, Reserve ? PayPal and final selling fee usually comes to 9.7-10% I thought ?????

And Now Shipping % ??????
Posted By: keithia Re: Yellow POWERLUBE.... - Wed May 25 2011 10:39 PM
I believe they now max out the final value fee at $100.00

Keith
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk