1 OF A KIND PORCELAIN FIRESTONE CEMENT TROUGH ?

Posted by: always lookin

1 OF A KIND PORCELAIN FIRESTONE CEMENT TROUGH ? - Tue Mar 08 2011 02:58 PM

This is mine. Lets all guess, will it sell?? Opinions? You cant hurt my feelings confused
$500 starting bid
Posted by: Bob Richards

Re: 1 OF A KIND PORCELAIN FIRESTONE CEMENT TROUGH ? - Tue Mar 08 2011 03:12 PM

I say no, not for the starting bid price or above.

But, who knows... I've seen dirty socks and underwear sell on Ebay.

Re: 1 OF A KIND PORCELAIN FIRESTONE CEMENT TROUGH ? - Tue Mar 08 2011 03:33 PM

lol.. I am getting some good money for stuff today. Who knows !
David Brown sign 500, Ford oil can display $408, Massey Feg sign 300...
Posted by: THERMOMAN

Re: 1 OF A KIND PORCELAIN FIRESTONE CEMENT TROUGH ? - Tue Mar 08 2011 04:31 PM

Honest opinion = outrageous starting price!! I wish you the best of luck. You just never know what people are willing to pat
Posted by: Loyd Pierce

Re: 1 OF A KIND PORCELAIN FIRESTONE CEMENT TROUGH ? - Tue Mar 08 2011 04:41 PM

Bill you should,give me that sign as I ran your Texaco Letters,way up by starting last min. bidding to early this morning. Made them nervous,mad, our something.
Posted by: KZ1000

Re: 1 OF A KIND PORCELAIN FIRESTONE CEMENT TROUGH ? - Tue Mar 08 2011 04:43 PM

I agree with the outrageous starting price, You are not doing yourself any justice, People will remember your the person to not buy from. We have had discussions on here about sellers with Outrageous prices, I would think you would have taken the advice.

And the other signs you speak of were good signs, Tractor signs always bring good money. You can't compare those to this misfit sign smile

Re: 1 OF A KIND PORCELAIN FIRESTONE CEMENT TROUGH ? - Tue Mar 08 2011 06:09 PM

Loyd.. Thanks... If you want to run up other things go for it. smile
KZ Its hard to figure a price on things like this "misfit". I sometimes run a week high, then drop it to 9 bucks and run it again. We all have our ideas of what works.
Posted by: Jarvis

Re: 1 OF A KIND PORCELAIN FIRESTONE CEMENT TROUGH ? - Tue Mar 08 2011 06:10 PM

I agree a little high for the condition.
I don't know of any people that remember the person selling high priced items? I look at the item... if it's to high i move on. If it's an item i am interested i will e-mail them.
Posted by: Blackout

Re: 1 OF A KIND PORCELAIN FIRESTONE CEMENT TROUGH ? - Tue Mar 08 2011 06:46 PM

"Its hard to figure a price on things like this "misfit". I sometimes run a week high, then drop it to 9 bucks and run it again. We all have our ideas of what works."

So what your saying is your trying to find a sucker to buy this at 500.00 or more and then you'll be able to sleep at night if that happens?????

Re: 1 OF A KIND PORCELAIN FIRESTONE CEMENT TROUGH ? - Tue Mar 08 2011 06:51 PM

""So what your saying is your trying to find a sucker to buy this at 500.00 or more and then you'll be able to sleep at night if that happens?????"

No! That wasnt in the quotes. What I do is run it at a good profit, cause I have no idea what something will bring. See if anyone sees a value in it and if they dont, I drop it to 9bucks and let the market figure it out for me. If someone pays more then others, It doesnt mean they are suckers. They just wanted it more. I have NO problem with that. I do that all the time at auction, pay more than the other guy.
Posted by: THERMOMAN

Re: 1 OF A KIND PORCELAIN FIRESTONE CEMENT TROUGH ? - Tue Mar 08 2011 06:58 PM

I think I'll wait for the $9 auction.... Bill will you be at spring Carlisle??? If so stop by and say hello

Re: 1 OF A KIND PORCELAIN FIRESTONE CEMENT TROUGH ? - Tue Mar 08 2011 07:06 PM

well in 7 days it may be at 9 bucks.
I may go, when is it?
Posted by: Blackout

Re: 1 OF A KIND PORCELAIN FIRESTONE CEMENT TROUGH ? - Tue Mar 08 2011 07:11 PM

"So what your saying is your trying to find a sucker to buy this at 500.00 or more and then you'll be able to sleep at night if that happens?????"
Yea I know that was not in your quote that was my opinion basically I was saying if you sold this for 500 you would feel you did not take advantage of someone??? guess I have more of a conscience.

Re: 1 OF A KIND PORCELAIN FIRESTONE CEMENT TROUGH ? - Tue Mar 08 2011 07:20 PM

Not at all. If someone wants to pay lots for something and I am 100% honest while I am selling it, I have no problem taking his money.
I sold a sign to a very big sign guy last month. He offered me 2 k more then my starting bid. I took it. He was thrilled and so was I. Now I read his books.
Posted by: r49th

Re: 1 OF A KIND PORCELAIN FIRESTONE CEMENT TROUGH ? - Wed Mar 09 2011 10:21 AM

I would think if he sold that to someone it was because someone looked at it, got greedy,and saw dollar signs instead of a sign that was 50% chipped away. Yes the starting price is too high but there doesn't seem to be much of a reason for all the bashing.-just my opinion.
Posted by: ebaygenious

Re: 1 OF A KIND PORCELAIN FIRESTONE CEMENT TROUGH ? - Wed Mar 09 2011 11:02 AM

KZ Its hard to figure a price on things like this "misfit". I sometimes run a week high, then drop it to 9 bucks and run it again. We all have our ideas of what works.

Everybody may have their "ideas" of what works, but it's been proven over and over that (on ebay anyway) bids get bids...high starting prices turn people off...and that starting price, for that sign tells people.....I want outrageous money for my stuff!!....not a reputation I would want. There are many online newletters that just deal with a online auctions and how to maximize success in them.......maybe you should check some out?