Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 01:15 AM
This has got to be top 10 of all the signs out there!
I estimate this sign to bring 15-25K!
Lets see who can come closest to the ending bid!
PS: Dont waste your time contacting her as she is letting the auction run REGARDLESS of the offers she gets!
I asked for pics of backside and she told me someone already offered 8K for it BUT she will let it run!
Ill say $21,550....
What do you guys/gals think???
Item number 140677247892
Posted By: advertologist Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 01:32 AM
field of sign is pretty nice
I'd say in the 18K plus neighborhood..
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 01:35 AM
Beauty!

I feel like throwing $10K at it to make others work hard to pass me. I mean they have 9+ days to think about it! LOL!
Posted By: advertologist Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 01:38 AM
there other item listed- not to bad..
ebay # 140677259589
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 01:50 AM
Originally Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Beauty!

I feel like throwing $10K at it to make others work hard to pass me. I mean they have 9+ days to think about it! LOL!

Current bid US $11,100.00
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 01:51 AM
I am gonna say $22,751.01
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 01:52 AM
Was @ $3k When I looked at it. No smoke....I could cover $10K easily if I had to.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 01:53 AM
you better dig up another coffee can..
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 01:53 AM
Taking into consideration the edge wear, minor damage to the field, economy and the time of year. Signs and cars are not demanding the prices they were. I'm going to be a little more conservative and speculate that the winning bid will be in the $12,000.00-$15,000.00 range.
I base my speculation on the following math. If the market is down 30 percent. On the high end $21,500.00 - $6450.00(30%)=$15,100.00.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 01:55 AM
the only thing cheap about this sign is the postage..
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 01:58 AM
Originally Posted By: advertologist
you better dig up another coffee can..

Around here, we keep our petro money in mason jars buried in the yard. wink
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 02:06 AM
I won't be surprised the way it is rising that when the hammer comes down it will be around $19k-$21K.
Posted By: 66phillips Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 03:17 AM
The market won't be down for this sign!
Posted By: advertologist Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 03:26 AM
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards
I won't be surprised the way it is rising that when the hammer comes down it will be around $19k-$21K.

The way it's going its going to hit that tonight..
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 05:00 AM
Don't forget to bid through oldgas !

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 05:04 AM
Wow!
Posted By: DCpate Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 05:13 AM
WOW

Freakin' amazing sign...
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 05:22 AM
THREE WOWS!
Posted By: Finder Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 07:00 AM
Wait! You are all missing the other great piece this seller has up for sale "LePETOMANE, A MAN WHO SANG THROUGH HIS ANUS, SHEET MUSIC"....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LePETOMANE-MAN-S...=item20c0ded594

Check the fart man out on youtube... Sorry to hijack this thread but I couldn't help it.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 10:43 AM
I would think a few bidders are placing bids,knowing full well it will sell for more then they bid,just so they can be a part of the auction & see the name of the winning bidder.
Posted By: dodgeman60 Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 11:28 AM
NICE SIGN = CRAZY MONEY
Posted By: publicenemy1925 Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 12:26 PM
24,500... Someone has to go over the top!!!
Posted By: bustermonty Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 12:44 PM
I'd rather have this than the Grizzly that didn't meet reserve. Over 30K is my guess.
Posted By: THERMOMAN Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 01:02 PM
If this sign is as great as everyone says it is. If I had 20k to spend on a sign, I could probally come up with 40k. How many times in your life will you have the chance to buy this sign in this condition. Next time there is an opportunity it might be 10 years from now, and how much will it fetch then. If you stretch your funds today you will be enjoying a sign that will certainly gain value.
Posted By: Catauladave Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 01:31 PM
I think this puts the whole "holy grail" thing in proper perspective. Dave
Posted By: Catauladave Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 01:34 PM
Not necessarily...They said the same thing about 950 Wurlitzers before 1992. Try to get $30,000 for one today. 1015's were bringing over $10,000...not now. Dave
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 01:36 PM
$14,600 with 9 days left....
Whats gonna be the final price? Lets hear your estimates...
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 01:55 PM
It could sit at that price until the end and then a select few will battle it out. I have to agree on the shipping though...seems quite cheap. LOL!

I'm gonna say Between $19-22K. But what is a sign like this truly worth and do we appraise it based on the end result of this auction or do we just assume that somebody overpaid just to have the piece in their collection or perhaps to flip it for possibly more?
Posted By: Tankar Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 02:29 PM
As far as shipping he says he will give you the total once the destination is known and has a reserve on it, because he says he does not know the value of it. How can you put a reserve if you dont know the value!?
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 04:10 PM
Sellers usually put a reserve to protect their initial investment and it is not an indication of the value of the item.

If I had seen this sign privately a week ago, I would not have known it was such a desirable and valuable sign. Just goes to show that I'm still learning.
Posted By: Catauladave Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 04:18 PM
It is already past the reserve or it would say that reserve has not been met.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 04:20 PM
There is no reserve.
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 04:22 PM
YES The reserve was 1,000...lol
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 04:24 PM
There was a reserve when the sign came to auction. It was blown away within hours of the start of the auction. When I first looked at the listing, there was a footnote, that reserve had been met.....
Posted By: Tankar Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 04:46 PM
My Mistake.
Posted By: grabber Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 05:54 PM
38.5k...
Posted By: minuteman Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 08 2012 07:55 PM
Posted By: philmccauley Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 01:31 AM
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 01:12 PM
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 01:50 PM
Seems the Heavy money is now looking and getting ready. Slowed to just small bids instead of big even numbers. It also might just be that it fizzles, everyone is probably reviewing their accounts and thinking. They have a week almost now to mull it over and talk.
Posted By: gmstuff Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 03:35 PM
I'd be shocked if the seller let the auction run it's course.... I'm guessing it will end early?.....
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 03:55 PM
Since she started with a $1000 reserve, I would bet that she is so shocked at the amount that she won't pull it off for anything!
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 04:00 PM
Compared to that,just think if she started it with a BIN price.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 04:24 PM
Originally Posted By: gmstuff
I'd be shocked if the seller let the auction run it's course.... I'm guessing it will end early?.....

It'll go the distance..
Posted By: Tankar Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 04:49 PM
I'm sure she has had some good offers.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 05:19 PM
You never know. I've seen some pretty good auctions end early. Hopefully, she will let it run it's course. She'll get more money if she lets it run its course.
Posted By: huskybob Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 07:23 PM
So if the winning bidder does bid through Oldgas then what kind of $$$ could Jim receive from the auction??
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 07:31 PM
Totally agree...I'd let the auction run it's full duration.
What a beautiful Double sided sign!
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 07:47 PM
I just got an email from the OWNER of the sign (Suzi) stating she has been offered 30K by 2 different people now!
She also advised me she has been informed of my posting here on oldgas!
Welcome aboard Suzi! God has truly blessed you! Not only with AN amazing sign BUT with US TOO!!!!! lol

PLEASE LET THE AUCTION RUN!!!!!!
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 08:00 PM
OK guys/gals...I got Suzi's permission to post her email!
She is kinda on the fence about ending the auction...Here is here email...
Hello,
Some nice person gave me the link to the gas collector's site. I would like to update
you on the price of the sign. I have been offered 30K from two different buyers...one back
east and the other the next state over. I am very stressed about whether to end it or let
it ride.
Suzi

My response was...
Suzi,
I buy and sell antique signs for a living!
DO NOT END it! Millionaires all over the country are watching this sign and you will sell yourself short! Buyers like us collectors on the website have auction snipers that bid with 7 seconds left in the auction! It will go from 20K+-God only knows in the last 7 seconds! Im sure the same guys that offered 30K will set the bids into their auction snipers and fight for it! I honestly think it will even surpass 30K!
They will tell you that you save ebay fees by ending it BUT dont Suzi!
It might go astronomical!!! 40-50K!!!
You are blessed with 1 of the rarest signs money can buy so dont let an offer set your price! Let the market set the price! I have brought this to the true collectors attention and the consensus is WE ALL want to see it end!
Do you mind if I post this email....The collectors will verify what I say!
Thanks for emailing me! God has blessed YOU! Sit back and enjoy..... smile
Tom VanHolten
219 778 3155
anytime!
PS: If you have any other signs THEN NOW is the time to get them listed! YOU have everyone's attention! LOL Thanks again...
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 08:02 PM
HERE is Suzi's answer to my email!

Thank you so much for your email. Maybe now I can quit shaking.....near tears half the time
about this decision. I will let it ride. And no, I don't mind you posting my email to you.
Thanks so much........I really really appreciate it!
Suzi
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 08:48 PM
From her emails, she sounds like a nice person.... Glad this opportunity is working out for her!

I am looking forward to seeing the final hammer price.....
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 08:51 PM
The only reason there are offers being made is because they want to eliminate the competition. Those are self serving offers, not in the best interest of the seller. In my opinion; anyone who makes a behind the scenes offer is selfish and willing to go to any lengths to screw everyone else who is playing fair.
Posted By: signgod2112 Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 08:59 PM
I wonder how many watchers she has...
Posted By: publicenemy1925 Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 10:08 PM
Originally Posted By: signgod2112
I wonder how many watchers she has...
176 watchers
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 10:16 PM
$25,100 and 7+ days...
765 people have viewed it...
AMAZING!
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 10:34 PM
So much for my ability to guesstimate.... LOL
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 11:22 PM
Just wondering what the fee is on 25,100. I need to be on the selling end but have never been. It would be tempting to end early when this amount is on the table.
Have to give her thumbs up if she lets it run.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 09 2012 11:40 PM
I was told by another that she has turned down $30,000.00 now and will let the auction run.
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 12:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Craig Osbeck
I was told by another that she has turned down $30,000.00 now and will let the auction run.

CRAIG DID YOU NOT READ THE TOP PART OF THIS PAGE? LOL! wink
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 12:07 AM
whatever the ebay and paypal fees are they are well worth it once again, for the cheap advertising she is getting more than she could have ever imagined. A weaker person would sell out now just to avoid the fees from the outlet that put them in touch with the buyers. Glad to see a legit honest seller again.
Posted By: dodgeman60 Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 12:07 AM
HOW DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY WATCHERS KENNY???
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 12:12 AM
She has had over 840 views of the auction page according to the counter at the bottom of the page.

I'm not sure that anyone besides the seller knows how many have marked the watch button on the auction?
Posted By: Jay Leeper Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 12:13 AM
Originally Posted By: dodgeman60

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/signs/gas-and-service/auctions?sort=most-watched

187 now
Posted By: Dean Castellano Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 01:14 AM
Had to check this out.. Wow.. Up to 25K as of now.

Good find!
Posted By: coopwyo Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 01:20 AM
So ...... At the risk of looking like an idiot. ....... What is so special about the sign? Looks, rarity, condition?
Chris
Posted By: advertologist Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 01:24 AM
You named 3..
Posted By: publicenemy1925 Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 01:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Jay Leeper
Originally Posted By: dodgeman60

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/signs/gas-and-service/auctions?sort=most-watched

187 now
Dat is how I do it!!!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 02:17 AM
Originally Posted By: coopwyo
So ...... At the risk of looking like an idiot. ....... What is so special about the sign? Looks, rarity, condition?
Chris

It's Prettier than a ERIE 70 Glass Top!
LOL
Posted By: Chevrolet SS Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 02:29 AM
Originally Posted By: coopwyo
Chris

Looks... Great Graphics (sun, car, airplane, colors, gloss, shine)
Rarity... this is the 4th or 5th known example
Condition... 90% of the center has a few dings but nothing that greatly impacts the graphics, edge chipping is common and this is not really considered severe.

Hope that helps.
Posted By: bppierce Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 04:55 AM
The fact that there were "2" people offering 30k was a pretty good indicator that it will fetch at least that. Glad she was able to read our comments to help in her decision.
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 11:35 AM

The only reason there are offers being made is because they want to eliminate the competition. Those are self serving offers, not in the best interest of the seller. In my opinion; anyone who makes a behind the scenes offer is selfish and willing to go to any lengths to screw everyone else who is playing fair.

Dave, that is quite the comment,,how can a buyer have any best interest in working for the best interest of the seller,,back here in Ontario we have a saying " he who has the pesos has the saysos" ,, actually the guy who makes the highest offer outside Ebay is screwing the seller not the buyer. Who's says buying on ebay is fair,,,it's an auction..
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 11:38 AM
or 10 have viewd it 75 times , LOL !!
Originally Posted By: tomzcollectiblez
$25,100 and 7+ days...
765 people have viewed it...
AMAZING!
Posted By: publicenemy1925 Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 11:51 AM
227 watchers now!
Posted By: 66phillips Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 08:58 PM
The Ebay and Paypal fees are around 10%.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 09:29 PM
27552.00 now. think this is gonna surpass 30k easy.wonder how many eyes are gonna be on it in the last seconds!!
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 10:07 PM
Butch, It's a percent up to amount right? They stop at $100 on fees right?
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 10 2012 11:29 PM
quote=Jarvis]Butch, It's a percent up to amount right? They stop at $100 on fees right? [/quote]

Fees not over 100 ,deal I agree where else could you reach so many for that amont of bucks.
Lot of bang for the buck. I never knew as I have never sold.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 12:13 AM
Guess my question still is why would someone bid this up now when it still has 6 days left and not just wait till the end? Especially when it has been stated many times that the auction will not end early.
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 12:19 AM
Sometimes people like to play games. When their up this high in price what's a few hundred dollars? The major players will battle it out in the end.
Posted By: Don Beaver Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 12:27 AM
Auction-style listings: The final value fee is based on a percentage of the item's total cost to the buyer (less any sales tax). The maximum final value fee for auction-style listings is $100.00. For example, if you sell an item for $1,500.00 and charge $10.00 for shipping, you'll pay only $100.00, even though 9% of $1,510.00 is $135.90. This maximum final value fee does not apply to Stores subscribers.
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 12:28 AM
Originally Posted By: Craig Osbeck
Guess my question still is why would someone bid this up now when it still has 6 days left and not just wait till the end? Especially when it has been stated many times that the auction will not end early.

Everybody has there own ways to bid, I see it all the time, bidders with a couple thousand feedback bidding up items a dollar or 2 at a time everyday for a week, you think they would've learned about putting in a high bid and sitting back after spending years on ebay.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 12:37 AM
SOME just like seeing their name on Top, even through NO ONE else can, Except seller.

Been thinking of the Violin that was Smashed by direction of PayPal, that IF I was the seller I'd have Buyer send a CERTIFIED CHECK.
OR
Have buyer pay w/ CASH in person at a bank where they can verify that it's not Counterfeit/Drug Tainted CASH!
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 01:29 AM
Don ,Jarvis, Butch thanks for answer knew we would get there.
Hope this was grandpas sign and suzi goes and sits on the beach,wonder if she had any idea what she had.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 02:11 AM
It's at $30,100.00 now & she had a $1,000.00 Reserve to cover what she paid/thought it was worth.
I know of one that a guy traded a $600.00-$1,000.00 Floor Model Coffee Grinder for, 8-10 yrs ago!
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 02:20 AM
I just went and looked she does as much buying as she does selling,so probably not grandpas sign huh. Still happy for her.
Posted By: 66phillips Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 02:53 AM
You're right John.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 02:54 AM
32,600 now!maria says 50k!
Posted By: advertologist Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 03:10 AM
I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD GET THIS HIGH- 6 1/2 DAYS LEFT-
FUN TO WATCH..
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 03:13 AM
Holy Bingo!--$35,100
Bet shes happy she didn't sell out!
Posted By: Tankar Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 03:17 AM
looks like it may be down to 2
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 03:25 AM
Don't count the lurkers out! Probably someone in the wings, just waiting for the end!
Posted By: jeff anderson Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 05:58 AM
All that guessed under 40k are wrong-was just talking to someone who's bid is north of 40
Posted By: 67Chev4X4 Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 07:18 AM
I see someone is trying to stir up the troops on ebay. Sunset sign different in many ways but same sign. $30000 with a reserve. You west coast guys should know who it is. I betting he is trying to make a point. 250970817613 Mitch
Posted By: bustermonty Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 10:12 AM
I think he is trying to make a buck not a point. Not a thing wrong with that, more power to him. Another chance for serious collectors. Not as rare as the one with blue in the center but still a very rare and desirable sign. Probably started a little high and might not get any bids but it's worth a shot. A few Harbor signs showed up when one brought huge money. IF! I had one hanging with little cost I believe mine might be for sale as well.
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 12:39 PM
Is the newer (auctioned) sign on ebay anybody from oldgas?
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 12:50 PM
Originally Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Is the newer (auctioned) sign on ebay anybody from oldgas?

Yes. Look him up in the user list.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 01:31 PM
Pdxgasman. Portland, Had an auction about 2-4 years ago at Mathews. Nice sign.
Posted By: DIESEL Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 06:58 PM
Was there any relation with Sunset oil to golden west oil co?
Posted By: DCpate Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 07:56 PM
Originally Posted By: DIESEL
Was there any relation with Sunset oil to golden west oil co?

No. Golden West was a small San Antonio based company.
Posted By: DIESEL Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 08:58 PM
Yea i know they were down here in S.A TX & drilled the hell out of Caldwell county in the 30's, but i thought that they were owned by Wilshire oil company & wondered if there some type of west coast connection between the two ? I'm not sure if this is true, but that the golden west scene on sign, was supposed to be a shot of the bay in San Francisco before the golden gate bridge was there? Anyways when i first saw the sunset sign ,it just reminded me of the golden west sign & wondered if there was any connection. ~Chris
Posted By: DIESEL Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 09:22 PM
I bet even good ol'Uncle Sam is watching this one,you know that was probably one of the angles that some of these offers has been,"i will pay you cash under the table",or God only knows what some of those messages look like! lol... wow!I wonder how much Uncle SAM will pocket?? crazy
Posted By: Nicole Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 09:41 PM
$36,100...
Posted By: signgod2112 Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 11:07 PM
How long do you think it will be before the guys in India and Argentina repop this sign?
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 11:18 PM
Originally Posted By: signgod2112
How long do you think it will be before the guys in India and Argentina repop this sign?

I bet they're rolling off the line right now mad mad mad mad
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 11:35 PM
I think if everyone took the two minutes it takes to report these sellers eBay may look at it . If they see a mass amount of people and the same seller names they might take action. You see how strict the PayPal policy is on counterfeits. We might as well try. Some of these signs are getting pretty good. They will eventually kill the value of our collections and deter many people from this hobby.
Posted By: THERMOMAN Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 11:46 PM
Looks like the high bidder has withdrawn their bid.... And has threatened a lawsuit??? This is new territory!
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 11 2012 11:59 PM
Holy smokes!
Posted By: bustermonty Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 12:45 AM
What kind of pos has an attorney threaten a lawsuit. Without a signed contract I don't see what could be done. Any lawyers want to weigh in?
Once the auction ends she should have enough to defend herself lol.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 12:49 AM
Wow! First time I've ever seen a seller post something like that!
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 12:49 AM
lol, I can think of a couple
Posted By: Neil Gerrard Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 12:55 AM
pretty nervy and pretty pathetic for sure, people are sue happy.
Posted By: Jamie Crosson Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 01:17 AM
What ground would the bidder have for a lawsuit??? Because change of payment terms???
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 01:20 AM
"Also shipping has to be carefully considered as FedEx and UPS are funny about taking rare items."

I should think that anybody having that kind of end result Money (whatever that may be), Would want to travel to Oregon (or within OR) to get the museum piece personally.
Posted By: always lookin Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 01:25 AM
we have chatted about ending auctions early and Suzi just sent me this...She asked me to post it here.

"I just got an email from a man in Idaho, rather a man's attorney's assistant, in Idaho who has threatened to sue me if I don't sell him the sign as price he said I agreed to....
Can you get the word out to your friends about this? I cannot believe the nerve of
this jerk. I can't believe there are people who would stoop to such garbage.
Suzi
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 01:28 AM
Suzi should save any contact that person had with her to prove she didn't come upon any sale agreement with said person instead of deleting them in anger.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 01:48 AM
You go girl!
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 01:51 AM
Emailed her to support her and got back some emails. I think that there will be alot of support from others, and will be interesting whomever or what ever comes of this. Money just changes so many things. Lets hope for the best for her.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 02:30 AM
Judge Judy says "If you need to prove it in court, GET IT IN WRITING". A verbal agreement is a wasted breath.
Posted By: powerlube Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 02:41 AM
Is the guy in Idaho potato bob or something like that?
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 03:37 AM
Now I know what DB does when he is not rebending cans.
Posted By: bppierce Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 03:48 AM
Now that all the first guesses (sp?) at a final price were pretty much blown out of the water, sure would be fun to hear some guesses now.
Personally I have no clue, but I would bet that the high bid will come from somebody that places only 1 bid, the one that counts.
Posted By: Pegasus Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 04:23 AM
Trust me, there's more collectors out there than you might think that could and/or would pay $50G for a sign they really want.......this sign is probably one of them.

Richard
Posted By: THERMOMAN Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 09:47 AM
I guessed 40k.... I'm not blown out of the water. I still have a chance.
Posted By: publicenemy1925 Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 12:02 PM
379 watchers now!!
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 12:30 PM
My original guess was 21,550....I am doubling my estimate to
$43,100....
SHAME on the guy threatening to sue! Dick nailed it! A verbal agreement is NOT binding in any court!
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 02:25 PM
Just going to place a guess,46 something. If buyer has a copy of email,suzi may be in trouble. Judge Judy likes them. The bidding seems to have calmed,but the final seconds will be a slug fest.
Am I cheating? this gives me a window all the way to 47-sue me.
Posted By: Alex Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 03:05 PM
I wish this person selling the sign nothing but the best of luck. I do wonder if prior to ebay or right after she posted if someone offerd her a price and she agreed and then changed her mind. I believe she is within her legal rights to change her mind. Even ebay has told me they can't force anyone to sell their item ince it is listed. Heck, when you buy a house the seller can still change thier mind at the closing. I was reluctant to speculate as this is a private matter. But I did......
Posted By: DIESEL Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 03:16 PM
I would think whoever ends up with the sign ,would definitely send someone out to take delivery & not take chances with shipping it.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 03:19 PM
I'm available... wink
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 04:03 PM
I wish only the best for seller also. Not to stir to far from orginal post. Just a few more thoughts.
Any thing awarded on court shows are payed by promoters of show. Loser is out nothing. And verbals are nothing that will hold up. Learned this the hard way subbing thru contractors when the housing market bellied up. I agree this is a private matter but when you post a statement as seller did attached to auction-not so private anymore.
Posted By: DIESEL Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 10:24 PM
You know about that "so called lawsuit....lol.." i personally think that's kind of ambiguous of him , 1st off who has an assistant place a call & threaten a lawsuit??? The attorney would be on the phone in my opinion & if they were seriously going to make a attempt at going after "Suzi" in civil court ....."in my opinion" the attorney would not play that card, because we all know what there trying to do with an threatening email like that,just a poor attempt to scare a sweet lady into thinking...... that they need to "OBEY OR ELSE.... EXPECT A LAWSUIT" I can definitely see how a filthy rich "selfish" person would be on the phone with his attorney saying "LOOK ...FIND A REASON, I HAVE TO HAVE THIS SIGN" I WANT WHAT I WANT & I WANT IT NOW" that kind of mentality.He did not get his way & it dose not matter if Suzi committed to a price with a verbal "or" written agreement or email chat, it just dose not stand up in court "agreements", don't get me wrong, they have weight,but good lawyers find ways to go completely around them....i know this from experience running a used car business,unfortunately i have to deal with sue happy folks daily & have been floored by the way agreements are treated in Texas civil courts...they "MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING" Suzi it's your sign & you have the right to do as you please ,i personally would not broadcast another thing on ebay . Let er' roll & sit back & enjoy & count money! Good luck & congratulations on your sale!
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 10:34 PM
Did you ever think Suzi may not own the sign and might be selling it for a collector who does not want to be involved in the sale?
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Thu Jan 12 2012 11:01 PM
I'm pretty sure Suzi owns it...for another 4 days & 18 hours anyway.
Posted By: Serialist Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Fri Jan 13 2012 12:13 AM
wow, trying to sue over a sign. that is pathetic. you win some you lose some, deal with it.
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Fri Jan 13 2012 11:48 AM
Little sweet Suzi has been registered on Ebay since Feb.2, 1999 , I'm pretty sure Suzi or whoever that person is knows what there doing,,, don't be tricked guys...you never know who's behind a name on Ebay unless one of you gas guys knows for sure who the person is.. Just my thoughts from an ole guy LOL !!
Posted By: bppierce Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 15 2012 08:21 PM
I guess I missed a few days of this thread. Who is the seller trying to trick?
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Sun Jan 15 2012 08:27 PM
The other sign has been pulled either because of a sale or just because.
Posted By: signgod2112 Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 02:35 AM
The price dropped from $35,352 down to $27,552. Maybe they pulled the bids from the guy harassing the seller.
Posted By: moore798 Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 02:37 AM
This situation is becoming FISHY!!
Posted By: pumpingethyl Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 02:40 AM
Top 2 bidders both retracted their bids.
Posted By: Chevrolet SS Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 02:50 AM
Oh, the shill bidding has retracted. I'll have to check it out.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 02:58 AM
COLD feet- auction is tainted..
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 02:59 AM
As the world turns.
Posted By: Chevrolet SS Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 03:01 AM
The current high bidder.

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 8
Items bid on: 2
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 87%

WOW... 87% in thirty days. Must be a neighbor...LOL
Posted By: advertologist Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 03:24 AM
7 of those bids are on this subject..
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 04:14 AM
Jumping to conclusions or making assumptions isn't very cool.
Posted By: THERMOMAN Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 11:10 AM
I don't have as much intrest in this sign as many of you do, but I know how discouraging it is to see a great sign go through public sale or auction.... Only to find out you may still not know it's value on open market! The whole thing stinks now!
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 11:23 AM
well like I said earlier, the seller (aka Suzi) has been selling on ebay since 1999 , not NEW to this game..:) very interesting..
Posted By: DP Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 01:42 PM
The only thing left to make this complete is if the sign turned out like that Polly lens and was a fake that was just starting to be made in Argentina and no one had seen one yet or knew anything about it.
Posted By: roger cherry Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 01:52 PM
Its amazing how one sign can generate all this interest. Its a great rare sign, but sometimes the "hype" over something gets everyone in a tizzy. I am curious to see how all this plays out too. Very interesting.......Or like the above post, "As the world turns"........LOL
Posted By: Jamie Crosson Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 02:07 PM
This is a great example of where a 10 day auction is not always good. If it were my sign, I would be perfectly happy to sell at $26100 (today's high bid) but would be disappointed to think it had reached a high of 36000. I think all the drama of the lawsuit and the added information has, as one post stated, tainted the auction.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 02:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Jamie Crosson
I think all the drama of the lawsuit and the added information has, as one post stated, tainted the auction.

I think that was a poor decision to air the drama.
Posted By: Dave Richey Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 02:48 PM
Notice that two of the three retracting bidders (27.5K and 40K, I believe) have a history of retracting bids. One has retracted 9 bids and the other 25 bids in the last 6 months. To me, this indicates, not collusion, but people "playing". How many of those other bids (not retracted) at lower money were people doing the same thing, knowing the price would rise above the amount they bid. I have been on ebay since 1997 and have never retracted a bid. I have put an entry level bid in on an item that I knew I wasn't going to win in order to see who won it once ebay started changing years ago. Other than that, this is not a game, it is commerce. I agree about airing the drama-it may have made a serious bidder skittish.
Posted By: Neil Gerrard Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 03:53 PM
I don't know that I would judge this seller dishonest. I speak from experience that 10 day auctions are a bad idea. Gives people time to reconsider and get cold feet. I sold a high end car on ebay in a 10 day and it turned into a nightmare, people trying to get me to close the auction, retracting bids when I wouldn't. Don't know Suzi at all but I just don't see the any proof that she's doing anything but selling a sign her dad had. I think the dishonest sellers on ebay make everyone jumpy these days.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 04:16 PM
While certainly suspicious, retracted bids are not always shilling. There are bidders who play around or change their mind. A serious bidder who is spooked by how this is playing out may get cold feet.
Posted By: Finder Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 05:01 PM
The retracted bids could be a scheme thought up by a buyer doing the old "bump it up then cut it back" scenario that creates a certain uncertainty regarding the sign - therefore making people think twice before bidding on it, period. I feel sorry for the seller.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 05:17 PM
a couple more retracts & the sign will be down to where it should be- the smart one is the proprietor of the other one- this is like watching the stock market..
Posted By: moore798 Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 05:18 PM
The whole story may never come out! HANKEY-PANKEY
Posted By: advertologist Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 05:39 PM
Retracts:
it takes 5 days before you relize you-
ENTERED WRONG BID AMOUNT?

Do you think this will finish for more or less
than it is right now 26,100. with 1 day left?
Posted By: moore798 Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 07:08 PM
I BELIEVE IT WILL BUMP THE 30k mark
Posted By: Dave Richey Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 07:09 PM
I see a Second Chance Offer in the future, and not because of the seller's actions.
Posted By: bppierce Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 08:33 PM
I don't get the PUBLIC accusations/slander against the seller. Although one guy threatened a lawsuit (maybe he should put the lawyer expenses into the bid amount instead) and two bidders retracted their bids (that have quite a history of retractions), "she" has done absolutely nothing to warrant the negative remarks against her.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Mon Jan 16 2012 09:48 PM
Mozilla Firefox has automatic Spell Check & it's FREE.
Posted By: bppierce Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 12:16 AM
Does it catch missing the "e" in "one"?
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 12:47 AM
Only if you tried to spell it ONW/ONR [typing err], Options; NOW, OWN, ONE, ON, OW/NOR, ONE, ON, OR & OAR!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 03:59 PM
$27,552 with an hour and 15 minutes to go! It'll be fun to watch the last 15 seconds!
Posted By: LOWright Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 05:03 PM
Here we go!
Posted By: always lookin Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 05:10 PM
1 min... $29,398.69
Posted By: always lookin Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 05:11 PM
final, $35,525.00
Posted By: advertologist Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 05:11 PM
hammer's down a cool.. $35,525.00
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 05:13 PM
The 2nd place bid placed in the very last second...wow.
Posted By: moore798 Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 05:15 PM
AMAZING!! I believe I'll put mine up on the auction block!
Posted By: gaspumpdon Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 05:20 PM
It was fun to watch!!!!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 05:22 PM
Nice little bit of history happened right before our eyes!
Posted By: 5 quart Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 05:22 PM
Inbetween all the toys- magnets- repros etc a good item still shows up once in a while- thanks don
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 05:40 PM
Hammer Down, 43 bids - 35,525.00 ,as if we are all not watching. Got back to where it started backwards. Folded hands then got back in ? I'm sure seller hopes this is final,and buyer has good intention.
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 08:02 PM
I wasn't watching. But nice to see some major intensity surge this rare sign back up to some decent numbers in the end. Hope the transaction ends on a high note for seller and buyer.
Posted By: mdmike Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 08:07 PM
Now that this sign has finally sold, I would like to add my comments.I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A FIGHT!!! I believe that I was one of the first potential buyers to offer the seller a very fair price for the sign, the seller accepted but stalled in getting it done. I'm sure she was inundated with requests to buy-it-now after my offer was sent.I took the no response as "Oh well, I tried but it didn't work out for me" approach. Usually I do not buy large dollar items on Ebay but I asked all the right questions and felt good about the responses. I did this because of all the comments that were made in Oct-Nov time period on this site regarding ending Ebay sales early and I gave it a shot.

Next, whomever contacted the seller from this site should have directed the seller to someone like Dan Matthews who specializes in such types of sales. If that had been done I know for sure that the seller would not have had to deal with all the drama and stress she endured. I believe that the final selling price would have been higher and all the negative comments would have been kept to a minimum.

There are many buyers who have adapted a "I am privlidged" approach to buying whether on Ebay, internet auctions or at the swap meet. These types of buyers take a lot of fun out of the hobby and they make it difficult for the regular buyer to compete.
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: mdmike

There are many buyers who have adapted a "I am privlidged" approach to buying whether on Ebay, internet auctions or at the swap meet. These types of buyers take a lot of fun out of the hobby and they make it difficult for the regular buyer to compete.

Almost all of your points are very valid. Competition is in every hobby, business, ect. That's the way it is. The only level playing field here is which person wants to fork over more cash. If you have a desirable item, you will have other people that want to buy the item. More demand/ interest makes the price rise. You cannot expect to have no to little competiton when the item is on eBay. People from all walks of life buy on eBay.
Posted By: Chevrolet SS Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 08:57 PM
Suzi's other eBay item... Richfield sign brought a fair price. Hammered $3,750. I actually think I know the collector who won it. I'll have to call and verify.
Posted By: Pegasus Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 10:05 PM
Four different bidders in at 32,000+...........pretty strong indication the final price was exactly what that sign is worth on 1/17/12. Can't imagine there's anyone out there who wouldn't be proud to own it!!

Richard
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Tue Jan 17 2012 11:17 PM
I'm not asking for the name of the winning bidder here,but merely asking any of you that participated in the auction if you recognize the name of the winner?
Curious if it went to someone well known in the hobby,or did it go to a stranger?
Posted By: Mattgas Re: Holy Grail Sunset sign on ebay! - Wed Jan 18 2012 10:33 AM
I know two major players that did not bid on the Sunset sign because of all the post on the seller's ebay page including bid retractions, her own post and the auction running 10 days. Both bidders would of went over $40,000 but both were worried about getting title to the sign. Another bidder was worried after reading the post on oldgas. This just what I know about the subject. Thanks Dan
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk