Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: K W FRITH Wayne Stationlighter repop? - Mon Aug 27 2012 03:08 PM
This has gotta be a repop of some kind? Same basic design, but poorly done and a lot different at the light fixture.
I'm a little confused, as I haven't seen this this stationlighter quite done this way before??

Ebay# 120975754860
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Wayne Stationlighter repop? - Mon Aug 27 2012 03:52 PM
Kevin these have been around for at least 6 years. Gas pump Heaven sells them with a normal looking harp for the station lighter shade. I agree that is a pretty awful looking bracket for the shade in that listing.
Posted By: wfort39663 Re: Wayne Stationlighter repop? - Mon Aug 27 2012 04:02 PM
The seller states that it is a newer item in at the bottom of his description.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Wayne Stationlighter repop? - Mon Aug 27 2012 05:03 PM
AAaahhh--missed that newer item part!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Wayne Stationlighter repop? - Mon Aug 27 2012 05:20 PM
Pic below is the Known S.L. made by/for Wayne;

2nd pic, made by PENCO & fits the Wayne 60;
[thumbnail, click to enlarge]

All require the Mogul [industrial size] light bulbs.
Item listed was not sold by GPH, theirs are different.
Posted By: oltoydoc@vintagegas.com Re: Wayne Stationlighter repop? - Mon Aug 27 2012 11:07 PM
The auction you guys are chatting about is mine. You guys are right, this is not an authentic Wayne Stationliter. Yes, the bottom part is new, I got it from the maker here on oldgas. The top is not Wayne, but it is old, and it is an "original something". lol
I'll have to trust DB on the "Mogul" (not a stray dog) all I know is that I bought it many, many years ago at Roy Reed's bash, and decided to put it on the newer base.
I didn't want to deceive anyone, and I thought I covered it all, by saying enamel paint over the porcelain on the bonnet, lower part new etc. but after getting an email from DB, and then seeing this post on here, I obviously have confused many. I'll get back on the listing tonight, or in the morning, and add an appology to those who might have been confused, or misled.
Don
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Wayne Stationlighter repop? - Tue Aug 28 2012 12:46 AM
MOGUL Base Light Bulb;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mogul_lamp

MONGREL;
1. a dog of mixed or indeterminate breed.
2. any animal or plant resulting from the crossing of different breeds or varieties.
3. any cross between different things, especially if inharmonious or indiscriminate.

[Re-building a pump using parts from different pump companies]
Result = Rat Rod style gas pump!
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Wayne Stationlighter repop? - Tue Aug 28 2012 01:42 AM
I read it and it didn't confuse me, stated what you just said. I like a lot of people get excited and do not read the whole ad till later or when I get the product and notice a difference. My screw up, and should be more precise in my reading.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk