Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: K W FRITH $536 cloth gas hose! - Tue Jun 11 2013 01:55 AM
Now I really knew these things were worth something and I put it in my watch items because I'd really like to have one, and maybe, just maybe, no one has spotted it!
WELL NOT THIS TIME!
Keep on the watch for those old cloth gas hoses---I want one--just not a $536 one! LOL

ebay cloth gas hose
Posted By: Jamie Crosson Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Tue Jun 11 2013 02:10 AM
I had it on my watch list also. I had not gone back to check the selling price. Wow.
Posted By: wfort39663 Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Tue Jun 11 2013 02:30 AM
Wasn't there one that sold about a week ago. Maybe same seller and it brought about half this price. Found it. Different seller but half price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-10-visib...=item3382af8849
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Tue Jun 11 2013 02:50 AM
CONDITION CONDITION CONDITION
That is one of the nicest ones I've seen on ebay. [Tom must have been OUT OF TOWN!]
Posted By: Catauladave Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Tue Jun 11 2013 10:34 AM
I bought the earlier hose for 250.00 with a BIN. It is a little smaller in diameter that I wanted but is in perfect shape and I actually hate to use it outside on a project.
Dave Jones
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Tue Jun 11 2013 10:40 AM
Originally Posted By: Catauladave
I bought the earlier hose for 250.00 with a BIN. It is a little smaller in diameter that I wanted but is in perfect shape and I actually hate to use it outside on a project.
Dave Jones

What happened to the one I "reluctantly" sold you for $100.
Posted By: Catauladave Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Tue Jun 11 2013 11:07 AM
And I appreciate the sale.It is proudly displayed in my den on the Wayne 60 that I purchased from Kevin. It isn't going anywhere. I still have not figured a way to get the hose end all the way on the hose. The steel core may have to be reduced in inner diameter to allow the hose end to stay on when the outer piece is screwed on to it. I just need a couple of other hoses to put outside on my country store/Gulf station. I have 4 or 5 hoses in various conditions and all are different sizes except for two. LOl Dave
PS Seems like this photos from Imageshack are getting smaller.

Attached picture wayne60h001.jpg
Attached picture wayne60h0011.jpg
Posted By: Old Racer Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Tue Jun 11 2013 11:16 AM
I guess I better look at the one hanging in my barn and hope the mice didn't gnaw on it????
Posted By: LOWright Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Tue Jun 11 2013 12:47 PM
I would pay good money for a nice one the right length to fit a National Simplex, if anyone has an extra.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Tue Jun 11 2013 01:28 PM
Old cloth hoses have been in the 250-450.00 range for about two years now on ebay. Have watched many on ebay go for big numbers and watched this one also. Have the larger ones for the old visibles and the smaller ones for pre-visibles.
Petrohaulics does a really nice job with older hose he has found with the metal insides. Sometimes I use his hoses instead of the older ones on the restorations, they are also not WHITE. He has also been able to put my old ends from the bad hoses on his new old stock stuff. Looks great and give the same old feel.
Posted By: Steve in Berks Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Tue Jun 11 2013 01:42 PM
I still have the three hoses discussed in this thread, including the cloth one.

I've left them sit because I'm still pondering how to ship the beasties, but they're all available.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Tue Jun 11 2013 03:27 PM
So are you getting them from someone, or are you pondering for sale?
Posted By: really Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Tue Jun 11 2013 05:56 PM
WOW!!
Posted By: Steve in Berks Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Tue Jun 11 2013 06:15 PM
Craig I have them, part of a crazy hoarder family clean-out I did over several years. Almost everything I've ever posted on here is from the same house and shop, and there's more still.

The Delmar rubber hose is HERE.

The Republic Reprene hose is HERE.

The shipping issue is why I haven't done anything with them. How does one affordably ship a hose that will only curl so far?
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Tue Jun 11 2013 07:20 PM
Quote:
How does one affordably ship a hose that will only curl so far?

IF it can be straightened, ship in carpet roll core [cardboard tube], PVC or ABS pipe & glue on caps or plugs.
Posted By: Catauladave Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Tue Jun 11 2013 07:32 PM
I have bought some pretty stiff larger hoses and they were coiled in a large flat box and shipped parcel post. Go online to the USPS website and get prices so that you have an idea what it would cost to ship to various zip codes. Dave
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Wed Jun 12 2013 01:58 AM
Just to make correction, it is Petrorelics not petrohaulics.
Sorry.
Posted By: Notchcad Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Wed Jun 12 2013 02:01 AM
lol. petrohaulics. thats awesome Craig!
Posted By: Catauladave Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Thu Jun 13 2013 12:13 AM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Thu Jun 13 2013 12:26 AM
Quess I'm cheap -took it off watch list at 255 if I remember right.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Thu Jun 13 2013 01:03 AM
Looks Good Dave.
Some times I LOL at guys that will spend 1-$2,000 on a restoration then add a Non Gasoline Nylon Covered Hose to their pumps!
Originally Posted By: Craig Osbeck
Petrohaulics

I'm sure Paul would agree w/ that statement!
Posted By: Catauladave Re: $536 cloth gas hose! - Thu Jun 13 2013 01:43 AM
I appreciate it. It stays just the way it is(except that I plan to attach the other hose end one day). No restoration here. Patina=character. LOl Dave
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk