Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 47reo-travis E bay ending auction early . - Mon Feb 24 2014 09:47 PM
I dont sell much on e bay , but have that ice cream sign on there right now .I have had some e mails asking what I would take for a sign and end the auction. I replied I appreciate your interest but I will not, and want to continue auction to be fair. If you step out and end the auction , you are not protected correct ? , so why take the chance . And it seems that is unfair to others ? I almost didn't ask such a silly question but , someone educate me ? Why take the risk even as a buyer ?
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: E bay ending auction early . - Mon Feb 24 2014 10:01 PM
If one pays through Paypal, one is covered... I have asked Sellers if they would consider ending an Auction early?... Some have done so, others have not... I have won some of the Auctions that went to completion and lost others...

Personally, I will not contact a Seller if there are any bids on the item(s)... But, not everyone feels that way... And I have been the high bidder on item(s) where a Seller has received an offer they could not turn down. And they ended the Auction, early...

When I ask the Seller to end an Auction early... I make sure that the Seller, changes the Auction to a BIN and then work to ensure, I am the first bidder... This has not always worked... LOL
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Re: E bay ending auction early . - Mon Feb 24 2014 10:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards

Personally, I will not contact a Seller if there are any bids on the item(s)... But, not everyone feels that way... And I have been the high bidder on item(s) where a Seller has received an offer they could not turn down. And they ended the Auction, early...

When I ask the Seller to end an Auction early... I make sure that the Seller, changes the Auction to a BIN and then work to ensure, I am the first bidder.

That's what I do as well never had a problem.
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: E bay ending auction early . - Mon Feb 24 2014 10:07 PM
Thanks Bob , I know its a dumb question , I just wondered if it was wrong to do so , I am not ending ,but just wondered If it was wrong . Maybe I need to go back and read e bay policies , but sometimes you guys can explain things to me better, like you did . Thank you.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: E bay ending auction early . - Mon Feb 24 2014 10:19 PM
The only dumb question, is the one that is not asked....

As to it being "Right or Wrong" to end an Auction, early? I believe that is up to the individual Seller and potential Buyer.

I've never had a Seller, berate me for asking the question... Even those that are against the action have been polite in their answers declining my inquiries....

Some on Oldgas, have a problem with those that ask if an Auction can be ended early?... Others like myself, feel that it is okay...

As, I said. I won't contact a Seller if an item has a bid... Others don't feel that way...

I can say, that I am able to sleep okay, with my decisions on this subject... LOL
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: E bay ending auction early . - Mon Feb 24 2014 11:04 PM
In ebays infancy,I imagine nearly every auction had a buyer that asked a seller to end the auction & sell it them privately.
The majority of sellers did it & were elated to make a sale.
While those same savvy buyers on the other hand,did it because they knew darn well where people were who would pay them much more for it later on.
Or they just wanted to acquire the item for themselves at a price they could afford before so & so woke up the next morning and saw the auction.

Today,I honestly believe the % of ebay auctions ended early do to buyers asking the seller to do so is extremely low.
Sellers finally figured out that by letting the auction run it's course,they would be better ahead on all counts.
Posted By: 63shelby Re: E bay ending auction early . - Mon Feb 24 2014 11:16 PM
Having had a item I really wanted snatched out from under me even though I was high bidder I am against ending auctions early. Once you start a auction without a "buy it now" and ESPECIALLY if you have bidders it seems only fair to let the one who wants it most win it. If a seller receives a offer privately he just cant pass up for some reason the very least he/she could do is offer high bidder chance to match offer. Seems silly for a seller to consider it anyways, It's usually a rare or hard to come by item that receives such a offer and those items always have people "sniping" in the end and running price up, most times a seller will leave money on the table by ending early. Just my opinion, did I mention I really wanted item ? LOL
Posted By: BryceG Re: E bay ending auction early . - Mon Feb 24 2014 11:24 PM
once a seller does it more than once in 12-months, ebay charges them a final value fee each time they end the auction early.

So... here is the best way to keep sellers from doing that... dont leave everything to the snipe!

Example: You want to bid on a sign that you are willing to pay $1200 for. As soon as you decide this, go ahead and bid $500 on it, this will get the bid price raised early and punish the seller more for ending early. Then place your realistic bid as the snipe bid.
Posted By: danlap99 Re: E bay ending auction early . - Mon Feb 24 2014 11:24 PM
I totally agree with Pete and I think Pete and I were bidding on that same rare sign
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 12:35 AM
Most all that end their auctions early are doing it for the sole purpose of avoiding paying a commission. They are not ending it to "help" the buyer.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 12:37 AM
Originally Posted By: 47reotravis
Thanks Bob , I know its a dumb question , I just wondered if it was wrong to do so , I am not ending ,but just wondered If it was wrong . Maybe I need to go back and read e bay policies , but sometimes you guys can explain things to me better, like you did . Thank you.

MOST of our reply's are done in Fewer Words so as not to Clutter the Simple Minds of members! laugh

IMO, A few reasons buyers ask you to End an auction early;
*1 They are hoping to get it Cheaper than what it Might sell for.
*2 IF they can get it for their offer, they can flip for some easy $$$.
*3 It's a Gotta Have for their collection.
*3 Their Buddy told them he was going to bid to win on it.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 01:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett

*1 They are hoping to get it Cheaper than what it Might sell for.
*2 IF they can get it for their offer, they can flip for some easy $$$.
*3 It's a Gotta Have for their collection.
*3 Their Buddy told them he was going to bid to win on it.

Im confused, there are two number threes....

You should do it like this.

*64 They are hoping to get it Cheaper than what it Might sell for.
*31 IF they can get it for their offer, they can flip for some easy $$$.
*8 It's a Gotta Have for their collection.
*77 Their Buddy told them he was going to bid to win on it.
Posted By: wocopep Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 02:18 PM
Now Dicks post makes perfect sense. Thanks Ryan
Posted By: henlovestoys Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 04:45 PM
Oh, yes, the #4 above ...

It has happened to me many times. So, I have learned to "Zip my mouth". frown

Hen

Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 05:39 PM
Originally Posted By: henlovestoys
Oh, yes, the #4 above ...

It has happened to me many times. So, I have learned to "Zip my mouth". frown

Hen

I was just giving him some grief... I mean after all, he dishes plenty of it out.
Posted By: JeffS Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 07:10 PM
Personally, I will not contact a Seller if there are any bids on the item(s)...
You're assuming that because there are no bids that there is no interest. I always bid in the last 5 seconds of an auction. It's ridiculous that I have to place a lower-level bid in order to show my interest and keep a seller from ending an auction early.
Posted By: BryceG Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 07:18 PM
Originally Posted By: JeffS
It's ridiculous that I have to place a lower-level bid in order to show my interest and keep a seller from ending an auction early.

ridiculous... yes. it is. but its the only half-way effective method I have figured out thus far. I can't think of any other way... other than maybe sending the seller a message, but I don't see that preventing them from doing it much.
Posted By: JeffS Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 07:44 PM
In the last 2 months there was an unrestored Tokheim 850 that I wanted quite badly. I even put in a placeholder bid, but the seller still ended the auction early.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 07:58 PM
It happens, maybe you will win the next Auction?

Jeff, I haven't been bidding on items based on the notion that you or anyone else might have an interest in it or not... And I won't give it a second thought when I bid again....

If I see an item and I want to ask the Seller to consider an offer, I will do so.... Some of the time, the Seller will say yes, most of the time they will say no...

If someone else is watching that item and they "feel robbed" because the Seller ended the Auction early, so what! They had the same opportunities to bid on the item and/or contact the Seller, as I did....
Posted By: bustermonty Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 08:18 PM
Right on Bob!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 09:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Ryan Underthun
I was just giving him some grief... I mean after all, he dishes plenty of it out.

MOST of our reply's are done in Fewer Words so as not to Clutter the Simple Minds of members! laugh

Posted By: QuartKans Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 09:29 PM
The seller reserves the right to sell THEIR item any way they choose just like you as the buyer reserve the right to try and buy the item anyway you want to. To me it's a you snooze you lose. I always ask if they will sell the item outright or add a buy it now if its something I want because I know if I don't there is someone else that's going to. I've been successful and I've been told no. Just my opinion.
Posted By: JeffS Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 10:03 PM
Originally Posted By: QuartKans
The seller reserves the right to sell THEIR item any way they choose just like you as the buyer reserve the right to try and buy the item anyway you want to.

Can you show me where it states this in the eBay rules/guidelines? I seemed to have glossed over the clause that states that sellers can sell outside eBay to circumvent the fee structure and can also deceive buyers who were expecting the auction to run the full course of time.
Posted By: QuartKans Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 10:25 PM
Wait are you mad because the guy screwed eBay or because he ended HIS item and you didn't get it? Because I hight doubt that if a seller ends something you're not interested you are really going to get on here and throw a fit because the seller of that item screwed eBay out of money. It's not deception it's the sellers right to do what he wants with his item. Im going to start calling your snipe bids deceiving because you tricked me I didn't think you were going to bid but you did in the last 5 seconds that's not fair. Life's not fair find a way to adapt or get over it.
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 10:26 PM
JeffS, your right, some of us have Ethics some don't.
Posted By: 63shelby Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 10:51 PM
Originally Posted By: JeffS
Originally Posted By: QuartKans
The seller reserves the right to sell THEIR item any way they choose just like you as the buyer reserve the right to try and buy the item anyway you want to.

Can you show me where it states this in the eBay rules/guidelines? I seemed to have glossed over the clause that states that sellers can sell outside eBay to circumvent the fee structure and can also deceive buyers who were expecting the auction to run the full course of time.

Exactly ! When it happened to me I contacted eBay to see if there was anything that could be done to discourage such practices. Their exact words (not mine)were "we are aware that this DISHONEST practice occurs but unfortunately at this time have no way stop or prevent it completely" when I asked why response was "We have no way to prove that's what happened, seller could tell us item was stolen, broken, described inaccurately etc."
Listing a item for sale on eBay is in effect entering into a contract just as placing a bid is, just because It's a easy contract to break without repercussions doesn't make it right. Ethics and "right & wrong" need/should come into play. There really is no difference in this practice than the Craigslist stories we here about in which a buyer strikes a verbal deal and shows up to buy item only to be told "sorry just sold it to that guy for more" And I know (hope) no one thinks that's ok !
I for one will not live my life with the attitude "I'm gonna get mine weather it's right or wrong, screw the other guy ! "
These are just my opinions, they are not directed at any other member nor intended to offer insult...
Posted By: JeffS Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 11:27 PM
Originally Posted By: KZ1000
Agreed. Or some have selective ethics it seems.
Posted By: QuartKans Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 11:32 PM
Originally Posted By: KZ1000

How is it unethical to ask someone to stop an auction with no bids? Now it would be wrong if everyone was not on the same playing field and only some could do it and others couldn't. But everyone has the ability to click the ask a question button and everyone has the ability to make an offer. It's an even playing field everyone has the same opportunity as the next.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: E bay ending auction early . - Tue Feb 25 2014 11:52 PM
I'll Bet that Theory would go over big Time w/ Dan's [or any auctioneer] auctions, in the middle of selling it the owner steps up & says "It's no longer For Sale here I sold it outside"!

Ebay needs a PENALTY FEE for Stopping an auction Early. ebay was a good thing when they started, BUT some will always find a RAT HOLE to ruin it for all others.
Now ebay is like a Permanent Internet Garage Sale.
Posted By: bustermonty Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 12:34 AM
When you give an item to an auctioneer it's out of your control being sold by a third party. Seller on ebay retains control and can therefore end the auction. It is what it is, right or wrong. No turning back without a more committed contract and penalty fee as Dick pointed out. Into the rat hole I go!
Posted By: BryceG Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 12:36 AM
Ebay needs a PENALTY FEE for Stopping an auction Early.

They do, sort of.

Sellers get one freebie per year. After that, any auction (without a reserve) that is ended early, the seller is charged a final value fee on what the current high bid was at.
Posted By: JeffS Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 12:54 AM
Originally Posted By: bustermonty
It is what it is, right or wrong. No turning back without a more committed contract and penalty fee
In other words, as long as the seller does not suffer significant repercussions, it's ok? How is that any different than agreeing to sell an item on Craigslist to one person and then selling it to someone else?

When you list a item on eBay, you are making a commitment, or giving your word, in essence, to the buying community that you will sell the item honestly and fairly.
Posted By: bustermonty Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 01:03 AM
Sorry, apples and oranges. If someone says it's sold on craigslist it should be sold and that's the commitment to sell. Because it's on ebay no commitment to anyone until buyer completes or ends auction. Now if seller doesn't ship to legit winner or rat hole buyer like myself, and instead sells to someone else that would be a better comparison.
Posted By: 63shelby Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 02:32 AM
Sorry, apples and oranges. If someone says it's sold on craigslist it should be sold and that's the commitment to sell. Because it's on ebay no commitment to anyone until buyer completes or ends auction. Now if seller doesn't ship to legit winner or rat hole buyer like myself, and instead sells to someone else that would be a better comparison.

I don't agree, the commitment to sell is in effect the moment the seller hit's the "list my item" button and takes a bid, that one single bid is a comment to sell and to buy (provided there's no reserve)exactly as if they said "sold "on Craigslist.The whole concept of a "auction" is highest bidder wins period. Sniping or bidding at last second is still a "honest" bid, honest meaning the system was not circumvented. Now if its clearly stated in description that item is for sale locally and seller reserves the right to end auction early, or there's a buy it now that's a different story.
It's already been established that it is against eBay policy, therefore wrong, cheating, and I would go as far as to say stealing, do you believe a seller is calling eBay and saying "hey I sold my sign for $3,000 I owe you guys some $" ? hell no ! If you don't like eBay's policies, rules or fees than don't use them, but once you do you should follow "the rules" for everyone's sake if for no other reason because its the right thing to do, hence the word ETHICS. Its very apparent your opinion will not change, and I certainly will not be dragged down "the rat hole" so lets agree to disagree. Good luck to you Sir smile

ethˇics [eth-iks] Show IPA

plural noun

( used with a singular or plural verb ) a system of moral principles: the ethics of a culture.

the rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group, culture, etc.: medical ethics; Christian ethics.

moral principles, as of an individual: His ethics forbade betrayal of a confidence.

( usually used with a singular verb ) that branch of philosophy dealing with values relating to human conduct, with respect to the rightness and wrongness of certain actions and to the goodness and badness of the motives and ends of such actions.
Posted By: bustermonty Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 03:12 AM
I knew I would stir the pot with ethical ebay lovers. Nothing wrong with being one. You would be amazed at what the rat hole has produced over the years. It's getting a little crowded in here and harder to get a morsel, Nope, not going to change. Yes, I can agree to disagree. Good night.
Posted By: JeffS Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 03:17 AM
Straight from eBay policies:

Some examples of activities that aren't allowed include:

Canceling a listing to sell to a buyer who found the item on eBay
Posted By: JeffS Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 03:19 AM
I knew I would stir the pot with ethical ebay lovers.
Has nothing to do with being an "ethical ebay lover". It's about being an ethical person.
Posted By: JeffS Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 03:21 AM
You would be amazed at what the rat hole has produced over the years.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Posted By: mcguffeyd1 Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 03:33 AM

If someone else is watching that item and they "feel robbed" because the Seller ended the Auction early, so what! They had the same opportunities to bid on the item and/or contact the Seller, as I did....

Agree 100%. Most sellers know when they have a Good item for sale and will decline most offers.
I have bought a few items via offers but make sure the seller list the item as a BIN to secure the transaction and make the seller pay for the service.

My 2˘
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 10:37 AM
Your NOT going to STOP sellers from ending the auctions early by crying about it....Ebay ALLOWS this for several reasons!
The item can be for sale locally and sold locally! I dont have to state its for sale locally either! Its NONE of your business!
1 option for ending auction is:
ITS NO LONGER FOR SALE!!!! Hmmmm And you still pay insertion fees, etc...Perfectly LEGAL!
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 11:49 AM
Also, If someone lists a killer sign you are interested in, THEN ask them to NOT END AUCTION because your auction sniper doesnt bid until the end and you have placed a large bid! smile
---------------------------------------------------------------
I have asked sellers to place a buy it now on their item!
works great and perfectly legal!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Funny how the same guys wining about following ebay rules again are the same ones breaking oldgas rules by listing items whereever they want, asking to buy items in buys of the week!, posting for pickups of pumps etc in WRONG places INTENTIONALLY because they think its NOT being seen in transportation category,
showing NON petro in buys of week, etc etc...
Posted By: bustermonty Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 01:19 PM
Just got up from a good nights sleep. My personal ethics or lack thereof did not keep me awake. I don't mind not being universally loved by everyone I'm pretty comfortable in my own skin. I know this is not a news flash but life is not fair and neither is ebay. I only had to lose out on a couple good signs before i made the connection that offers were being made and signs were being sold. I can't un ring the bell it was either join em or be relegated to complain about em on sites like oldgas. So I guess that's how I got in the rat hole. So you can sit on the sidelines waiting for the playing field to level out or jump in with me. That's actually the best way to stop it, is everyone does it. Sellers figure if so much interest I'll let it run. So hate me if you want but you should really hate the game not the player. Rat hole scores:

Attached picture Rat1.jpg
Attached picture Rat2.jpg
Attached picture Rat3.jpg
Attached picture Rat5.jpg
Posted By: grabber Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 01:48 PM
Greg...please bring hwy commission sign to Peotone...I'll be paying w/ store credit wink
Posted By: 63shelby Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 04:10 PM
Greg, (bustermonty) nice signs !, and as I stated before I respect your right to disagree and would like to thank you for keeping the "debate" clean Sir.

I had decided to let this one go last night and thought it was ended and ended well, but seems like another wants to chime in with misleading/false information, and insults/insulting comments.

"ITS NO LONGER FOR SALE!!!! Hmmmm And you still pay insertion fees, etc...Perfectly LEGAL!"

WRONG, DEAD WRONG !!, and a very slippery interpretation and comment for someone who apparently runs a business that sells to the public. I've gone over the reasons eBay allows it, lost, stolen, broken, misrepresented etc. PERIOD !! nothing more to be said. These are the facts, not a opinion or interpretation. And can very easily be proven, call eBay and ask them "can I end my auction early and sell it to someone privately who found me through you guys ? " LOL see what they say ! This isn't a "wining" or "crying" thing, the question was originally asked "do you think its right?" I don't, and seems a lot of others feel the same. I was able to make my point without insulting or offending anyone (I hope) What's next ? name calling, threats, shouting and waving your fists in the air trying to prove a false point ? LOL

I'm out of this post, and I hope if it turns any more "ugly" a Moderator will lock it.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 04:21 PM
Originally Posted By: grabber
Greg...please bring hwy commission sign to Peotone...I'll be paying w/ store credit wink

LOL...
Posted By: JeffS Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 04:33 PM
Originally Posted By: tomzcollectiblez
Funny how the same guys wining about following ebay rules again are the same ones breaking oldgas rules by listing items whereever they want, asking to buy items in buys of the week!, posting for pickups of pumps etc in WRONG places INTENTIONALLY because they think its NOT being seen in transportation category,
showing NON petro in buys of week, etc etc...
Sir, can you show me a case where I have EVER broken one of the rules that you mentioned above? Do not make generalizations.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 05:06 PM
Jeff, if you are going to survive on Oldgas?

1: You need to quit assuming that every comment is directed at you personally... Most People speak in generalities and their comments unless directed at a specific Member are directed at the "Whole not an Individual".... (and very few of us are shy about calling out Individual Members)

2: Grow some thicker skin
Posted By: JeffS Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 05:13 PM
Jeff, if you are going to survive on Oldgas?

1: You need to quit assuming that every comment is directed at you personally... Most People speak in generalities and their comments unless directed at a specific Member are directed at the "Whole not an Individual".... (and very few of us are shy about calling out Individual Members)

2: Grow some thicker skin

Thanks Bob. I'll take your advice.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 05:25 PM
Jeff, I wish you luck! I honestly do...

I am one of those that "Fly off the handle" with no real provocation, needed...

Following my first bullet point, has been very hard for me and after 9 years I still struggle with it at times... LOL

P.S: Thinking more on it. If the "Good Lord is willing"? And the Membership is patient?

I might show some more "self control" in .... maybe another 10-15 years.....?
Posted By: JeffS Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 05:33 PM
It's the nature of the internet and communication these days, I guess. I imagine the interaction would be immensely less provocative if we were all just hanging out together and drinking a few beers.
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 05:38 PM
Earlier I mentioned to DB life on OG is like an Etch A Sketch. There is some issue that fills it up with comments and then someone comes along and gives it a big shake and clears the slate.
Thanks Bob for giving it(the Etch A Sketch that is!) a big shake.
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 07:15 PM
Originally Posted By: 63shelby
WRONG, DEAD WRONG !!, and a very slippery interpretation and comment for someone who apparently runs a business that sells to the public. I've gone over the reasons eBay allows it, lost, stolen, broken, misrepresented etc. PERIOD !! nothing more to be said. These are the facts, not a opinion or interpretation. And can very easily be proven, call eBay and ask them "can I end my auction early and sell it to someone privately who found me through you guys ? " LOL see what they say ! This isn't a "wining" or "crying" thing, the question was originally asked "do you think its right?" I don't, and seems a lot of others feel the same. I was able to make my point without insulting or offending anyone (I hope) What's next ? name calling, threats, shouting and waving your fists in the air trying to prove a false point ? LOL

I'm out of this post, and I hope if it turns any more "ugly" a Moderator will lock it.

I realize you've ONLY been a member for a few months, BUT people BOTH FOR AND AGAINST have heard WINING over this for years! Go end a listing and see what options it gives you! 1 is ITEM IS NO LONGER FOR SALE...
I dont like it either and wish Ebay would STOP the practice BUT they haven't...Until then, pass the tissues
Posted By: BryceG Re: E bay ending auction early . - Wed Feb 26 2014 07:52 PM
and when you're bored... broadly search Ebay for things like porcelain signs, gas pump globes, graphic oil cans, etc... sort the list by newly listed items... and then go thru them and place low-ball bids on all the expensive items!

it will drive the auction price up early, and cost the seller more when they end early! lol
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk