Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Wes Maxwell Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Tue May 20 2014 08:55 PM
Says it is in India...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281343284596&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en
Posted By: advertologist Re: Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Tue May 20 2014 09:01 PM
I seen that- no holes in the sign
being where its from sends up a
red flag... ebay # 281343284596
..cool
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Tue May 20 2014 09:02 PM
image of sign:

Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Tue May 20 2014 09:07 PM
And the smiley face in the wheel on the right side of the sign...
Posted By: texacokie Re: Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Tue May 20 2014 09:08 PM
Also all the private feedbacks....hmm
Posted By: BryceG Re: Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Tue May 20 2014 09:15 PM
and that its a 42"
Posted By: 1937 GMC Re: Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Tue May 20 2014 09:59 PM
Soon or later the India folks would repro one of the Holy Grail signs; had to laugh when I saw the posting as they have also jumped on the "Picker Band Wagon" LOL shocked

VINTAGE PICKER 14
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Tue May 20 2014 10:53 PM
ebay will continue to allow the foreign & Fraudulent sellers to RAPE the market/collectors!
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Wed May 21 2014 03:20 AM
I'm sure they are working in cahoots with some locals...who are giving them some direction with respect to what signs to fake.
Posted By: Hemibird Re: Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Wed May 21 2014 10:49 AM
I almost hit buy it now until I looked a little closer and saw where it was coming from
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Wed May 21 2014 11:44 AM
...'REG US PAT OFF'...study it closely...
Posted By: gaswagon Re: Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Thu May 22 2014 02:38 PM
I can give a little insight on eBay's problem with this. My friend's wife works in the fraud department at eBay as a paralegal. She goes to court for all their small claims stuff. They have so much that they can't even go to a "real" judge. They get other paralegals, law students, (maybe the janitor?) etc that are assigned to be adjudicators for the issues. I was really bummed out when I found this out. She said 9x out of 10 the law has nothing to do with the outcome, rather the complexity and if the person assigned wants to dig in deep or just get it over with.

I've owned a very nice red sinclair aircraft sign. After having one on the wall for awhile and seeing it closely on a daily basis, you can look at the one above and quickly see it's just not right. I hope the fraudsters in india get raped by a camel.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Thu May 22 2014 03:16 PM
Originally Posted By: gaswagon

I hope the fraudsters in india get raped by a camel.

Attached picture Hump Day_resized.jpg
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Thu May 22 2014 03:56 PM
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH

Even better! Two camels!!
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Thu May 22 2014 04:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Steve C.
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH

Even better! Two camels!!
. LOL!
Posted By: Mr.Wadhams Re: Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Sat Jul 19 2014 11:56 AM
Why don't you Oldgas posse guys harass the heck out of these India guys like you do the picker sellers? You don't even try with these India fraudsters?

My opinion is that these very well done, hard to detect, copies are MUCH MUCH more of a danger to the sign collecting than a beat up fantasy sign being passed as an original piece?

In the long run....this has GOT to effect the sign market considerably. Just a matter of time before some big report comes out exposing this dilemma to the general public and it will have the opposite effect the American Pickers have had!

Jim
Posted By: DCpate Re: Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Sat Jul 19 2014 12:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Mr.Wadhams
Why don't you Oldgas posse guys harass the heck out of these India guys like you do the picker sellers? You don't even try with these India fraudsters?

My opinion is that these very well done, hard to detect, copies are MUCH MUCH more of a danger to the sign collecting than a beat up fantasy sign being passed as an original piece?

In the long run....this has GOT to effect the sign market considerably. Just a matter of time before some big report comes out exposing this dilemma to the general public and it will have the opposite effect the American Pickers have had!

Jim

Or it could be like the Socony airplane sign fakes, where that particular sign is devalued in the market. But even that Socony sign has bounced back in recent years.
Posted By: indiananationals Re: Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Sat Jul 19 2014 01:29 PM
Its true of u look what some of these India sellers are selling they are making more in a month than most Americans do all year long
Posted By: md39 Re: Red Sinclair Aircraft sign - Tue Oct 14 2014 10:00 PM
and then spat upon by those camels [quote=47reo-travis][quote=Steve C.][quote=K W FRITH][quote=gaswagon]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Even better! Two camels!! [/quote]. LOL! [/quote]
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk