Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: wocopep eBay watched items - Mon Oct 13 2014 12:03 PM
I was watching an item on eBay and the auction ended last nite. I have kept this item in my watched list for almost two months. This morning, the item is gone and all previous auctions are gone too. Has this happened to anyone else? The only thing that bothers me is the fact that I made an offer on the item before it ended and that message is gone too. My question is, Can you as a member of the eBay community remove these items or is eBay behind it? I dont buy there much but I do watch several items at various times and I find it resourceful for keeping up with repop signs. Am I being watched now? Im so scared.
Posted By: Bbburke Re: eBay watched items - Mon Oct 13 2014 12:29 PM
Sounds like the seller might have been removed. I think when they remove a seller, there account is deleted. When that happens all their auctions are ended and anything under their seller name is deleted. Even past sales, messages etc.
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: eBay watched items - Mon Oct 13 2014 02:33 PM
A seller can remove an item and anything connecting to it is removed from the database. They have to delete all bids and then can remove the listing.

Or as BBurke has stated, if ebay removes the seller entirely.
Posted By: BryceG Re: eBay watched items - Mon Oct 13 2014 02:58 PM
or it could have been 90-days. after 90-days, the item is removed from most views and will not show up in your watch list or in completed items i believe.
Posted By: Robert77 Re: eBay watched items - Mon Oct 13 2014 05:08 PM
I have a folder on my desktop where I save images directly off of the eBay listings. I include a short description and sale price of all the items I'm interested in, but wasn't able to buy. Helps me track & trend values and re-pop's.
Posted By: wocopep Re: eBay watched items - Mon Oct 13 2014 11:37 PM
It was last night that the auction ended. I keep the same type of file for sales reference and the auction in question is gone along with the ended auctions for 2 months. Just seemed weird that I have never had that happen before.
Posted By: Bbburke Re: eBay watched items - Mon Oct 13 2014 11:45 PM
What was the item that you were watching?
Posted By: wocopep Re: eBay watched items - Tue Oct 14 2014 01:04 AM
A Goodyear tourist tube bag.
Posted By: Neil Gerrard Re: eBay watched items - Tue Oct 14 2014 01:23 AM
If it's one of the black ones they come up every once in a while, I bought a couple in the $25 range and yes, Ebay deletes past auctions
Posted By: wocopep Re: eBay watched items - Tue Oct 14 2014 01:32 AM
Yes Neil, Thats the one. I made an offer of 20.00 shipped and it all diasappeared.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk