Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: K W FRITH Fishing Report! - Sun Feb 07 2016 10:38 PM
With Superbowl on sunday, we only got to fish on Friday and Saturday, but the perch were really hitting for once, and we had a GREAT time!
The first picture is Fridays catch and the second picture is Saturdays and we didn't catch as many, but we started later too!
The third picture is one of the perch laying beside a 16 ounce pepsi bottle for size reference. Most of the perch we kept were around that 12 to 13 inch range. We threw back anything under 10 inches!
The last picture shows another predator that was down there looking for perch too! We didn't have any interest in northern pike filets, so we let him go to gain a little size!
Life can't be filled with gas pumps and signs every day, or it will get monotonous! LETS ALL GO FISHING!

Attached picture Perch 6.jpg
Attached picture Perch 1.jpg
Attached picture Perch 5.jpg
Attached picture Perch 2.jpg
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: Fishing Report! - Mon Feb 08 2016 01:36 PM
Im the laughing stock of the family. I keep buying these out of state fishing licenses to I can catch the big one on lake Pend Orielle. 4 years and one small Kokanee. Very nice seeing your fishing pics
Posted By: Petroholic Re: Fishing Report! - Mon Feb 08 2016 06:53 PM
That's good eating there Kevin and fun!!!
Posted By: 1968pickup Re: Fishing Report! - Mon Feb 08 2016 09:01 PM
How is the water clarity I would like to spear devils this year if I make it up there
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Fishing Report! - Mon Feb 08 2016 10:54 PM
Water clarity has improved a lot the last month. I haven't talked with any of the spearing crowd, but I see them in different spots every now and then.
Posted By: Nicole Re: Fishing Report! - Tue Feb 09 2016 01:32 AM
Your posts make me hungry...
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Fishing Report! - Tue Feb 09 2016 04:26 PM
Nicole--Heres a link to a You Tube Video on the Sno Bear ice fishing machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jJ-SEeXEwM
Posted By: Nicole Re: Fishing Report! - Wed Feb 10 2016 02:23 AM
Wow that is luxury...plus it floats. I was wondering about that when they had the news the other day about all those cars going through the ice from parking on it. Hope you don't have to find that out for yourself though!!!!

I didn't realize that ice fishing poles are short...Du-oh!

And it was nice to see the windows. The ice fishing shacks I had seen in images from Norway anyway, were mostly windowless.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Fishing Report! - Wed Feb 10 2016 03:59 PM
Nice catch Kevin, that pike is a dandy!!
But I've always said, if fish made noise, i.e., could scream, I think there would be a lot less fisherman. grin
Posted By: minuteman Re: Fishing Report! - Wed Feb 10 2016 11:41 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the retired life in North Dakota.
Fresh perch in cast iron pan with butter and sliced potatoes...
you are lucky Kevin..
Posted By: redindianguy Re: Fishing Report! - Fri Feb 12 2016 01:26 PM
lol just like you Keemo only in Alberta
Posted By: dalin Re: Fishing Report! - Sat Feb 13 2016 05:18 AM
the Sno Bear is AWESOME !!!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk