Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: chevy3535 national cigarette machine sign - Tue Oct 11 2016 11:30 PM
I have a national cigarette 9 pull knob machine that is missing the piece that says cigarettes that would have light up. Does anyone know if this piece is reproduced or anyone have an original for sale? Thanks for you help!
Posted By: SodaJim Re: national cigarette machine sign - Fri Oct 14 2016 10:11 AM
The display area and the "Cigarettes" logo above the display is one piece of glass. Is yours completely missing? There are a couple of versions, block letters and the more familiar script.
Is your machine original or restored? I can check to see if I have an extra 9 selection glass... I generally buy the smaller 7 selection model which leads me to believe I may not have a 9 selection glass, but I'll get back to you over this weekend...
Posted By: chevy3535 Re: national cigarette machine sign - Fri Oct 14 2016 03:48 PM
Yes it is missing. I think from the pictures I have seen it would have had the script writing. Here is a picture of mine...sorry for the bad pic only one I have on my phone of it.

Attached picture RP_20161014_114641.jpg
Posted By: SodaJim Re: national cigarette machine sign - Tue Oct 18 2016 10:41 AM
Unfortunately, I only have one 9 selection model and the glass is broken.

Glad to see a "Don't Tread on Me" Flag ! ! !
Posted By: chevy3535 Re: national cigarette machine sign - Wed Oct 19 2016 10:53 PM
Thank you for checking. Do you know if anyone reproduces them?
Posted By: chevy3535 Re: national cigarette machine sign - Thu Oct 20 2016 12:23 AM
And yes the don't tread on me and the American flag proudly fly at my house!
Posted By: SodaJim Re: national cigarette machine sign - Thu Oct 20 2016 11:55 AM
Originally Posted By chevy3535
And yes the don't tread on me and the American flag proudly fly at my house!

Flying at my home as well ! ! !

Now on to second order of business...
I do not know of anyone publicly selling reproduction display glass for National Cigarette Vendors...
I have the artwork re-created and then make these myself...
I am working on artwork for the early 9 selection glass...
Posted are the two version I have for the 7 selection, but probably could easily create this in a larger display glass...

Attached picture DSC_7615.jpg
Attached picture DSC_7695.jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk