Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Ford tractor neon sign Original ? - Mon Sep 25 2017 12:05 PM
There is a 52" Ford tractor skin on ebay and Rustirelics has it. Just not sure it is original and know this seller sometimes has repop stuff. #302464301375
Posted By: Ohio Oil Re: Ford tractor neon sign Original ? - Mon Sep 25 2017 12:50 PM
The white oval is very inconsistent compared to originals I've seen.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Ford tractor neon sign Original ? - Mon Sep 25 2017 01:38 PM
The whole or neon housing placement is also of some concern, but have seen many variations. Looks awfully good for $1500.00, and it has the company manufacturer name on it also.
Posted By: 1PetroFan Re: Ford tractor neon sign Original ? - Mon Sep 25 2017 01:58 PM
I know nothing about Ford signs, but it looks like he has several "large" porcelain beer neon signs added to his list, I would not buy on of them. Brady
Posted By: advertologist Re: Ford tractor neon sign Original ? - Mon Sep 25 2017 02:02 PM
sign of subject: .. ... cool

Attached picture 1fortraneosn.jpg
Posted By: BryceG Re: Ford tractor neon sign Original ? - Mon Sep 25 2017 02:56 PM
all of his neon porcelain signs that he just listed are fake... everyone should familiarize themselves with them, as it is only a matter of time until they show up at a swap meet or auction near you.

Fake Porcelain Neons from Rustyrelics Dirtbag

Attached picture fake_neon_skins.jpg
Posted By: trifiver Re: Ford tractor neon sign Original ? - Mon Sep 25 2017 03:54 PM
Look at how many he has sold ,

Sad that people get Ripped off !!

Sid
Posted By: nochevys Re: Ford tractor neon sign Original ? - Mon Sep 25 2017 05:07 PM
its getting to be time to sell everything. Keeping tract of Reproductions from Originals is getting to be a full time job. Not really worth the hassle any longer. At some point the market will tank due to reproductions...
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Ford tractor neon sign Original ? - Mon Sep 25 2017 05:30 PM
I know a lot of guys are thinking along the same lines Tom....I personally am buying very little these days, since most of what's for sale is reproduction, the rest is overpriced!
And I wholeheartedly agree, the future is iffy at best. I am already seeing what repros are doing to Mobil pump plates.
Darin
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Ford tractor neon sign Original ? - Mon Sep 25 2017 08:26 PM
This has been my thinking for a couple of years now, people will just not know. Prices will rise for some, but after a while, too hard to tell. Have not bought many signs in the last couple of years simply for this reason. It is just not as fun anymore. Too many people that are not the most honest selling now.
Posted By: KlockKing Re: Ford tractor neon sign Original ? - Thu Sep 28 2017 08:49 AM
The placement of the socket holes isn't even close for the Ford sign. He obliterated a letter every time a hole goes through the sign. Pure junk. Sad part is, I tried to educate a dealer on why his sign was a repop this past summer, and he wanted no part of my points. He said something like "the price isn't getting any cheaper the more you knock it down". I was thinking "dude, that POS would not hang in my garage if you paid me to carry it away". I walked away before he got really angry, then it hit me that he isn't a collector, and couldn't care less if its legitimately old or not...he is a dealer, buying (in bulk) low, hoping to sell high. I tapped out of the porcelain sign biz about 5 years ago. I have moved on to other interests, til those start to be repopped!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk