Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: BrianH Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Fri Oct 06 2017 11:57 PM
Some of you probably saw this post back in June about my dad giving me his 1940 Ford street rod. Well, yesterday he finally lost his battle with stomach and liver cancer. A lot of my interest in cars and gas & oil comes from helping him drag cars home from farms and from walking around shows and swap meets. I'm really gonna miss him but I'm thankful for the 10 months we had between his diagnosis last December and now.

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=116658&Number=689921#Post689921

BrianH
Posted By: Tankar Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sat Oct 07 2017 12:08 AM
Sorry for your loss Brian.
Posted By: hawkike Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sat Oct 07 2017 12:26 AM
Remember the good times Brian,my Dad died in 1949 when I was 14.

smile
Posted By: philmccauley Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sat Oct 07 2017 12:36 AM
Sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Posted By: Bass Master Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sat Oct 07 2017 12:37 AM
Brian, Sorry for your loss, I also lost my Dad a couple years ago to cancer, BAD STUFF.
Brian
Posted By: JimT Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sat Oct 07 2017 01:43 AM
Hey Brian. Sorry for your loss.Its a blessing that you guys were close.I lost my Dad in 96 and still miss him greatly.
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sat Oct 07 2017 02:35 AM
Sorry for your loss Brian, remember the good times to get you through the tough days ahead.
Darin
Posted By: RedHat Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sat Oct 07 2017 02:39 AM
Sorry for your loss man. I’m happy you got to share something as wonderful as our hobby with him. Sounds like he was a great guy with a great taste in cars and petroliana. Wish you and your family the best.
Posted By: Nicole Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sat Oct 07 2017 08:31 AM
So sorry to hear this.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sat Oct 07 2017 09:34 AM
Sincere condolences to you & your family.
Posted By: archer2 Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sat Oct 07 2017 11:30 AM
Sorry for your loss Brian.
Posted By: BrianH Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sat Oct 07 2017 11:42 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

BrianH
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sat Oct 07 2017 12:35 PM
Bad to lose a Father in which you had so much History with. Remember the good times in Pictures and your mind. My dad is 92 now and I have the memories.
Sorry for your families loss.
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sat Oct 07 2017 01:06 PM
Brian, My condolences to you and your family. I lost both my parents four years ago and think of them both every day. I am grateful that I have a lifetime of fond memories to draw on. I hope you and your family remember all the good times that you were able to spend together. Please accept my deepest sympathies.
Posted By: Done4 Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sat Oct 07 2017 01:29 PM
Sorry for your loss, peace and prayers to you and your family.
Posted By: we're the other guys Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sat Oct 07 2017 05:55 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss
Posted By: George Sager Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sat Oct 07 2017 07:04 PM
Thoughts and prayers from someone that also lost the best DAD anyone could ask for to that big C. We lost Dad in 96 and I can tell you you never get over it but it does get easer just cherish all the good time you had. Take care my friend and God Bless to you and yours.

George Sager
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sun Oct 08 2017 12:44 AM
Sorry for your lost. Be thankful for your relationship with your Dad.
Posted By: Dr Dave Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sun Oct 08 2017 01:47 PM
So very sorry for your loss. I hope this time goes as easily as it can for you and your family!
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sun Oct 08 2017 09:38 PM
Sorry to hear Brian.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Mon Oct 09 2017 12:10 AM
Its never easy to lose a parent, just be thankful for those wonderful memories that you have. My dad passed in 92 and I still think about him each and every day. My condolences to you and your family.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Mon Oct 09 2017 01:32 AM
Sorry for your loss.... Prayers for you and your family
Posted By: Alex Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Mon Oct 09 2017 02:19 AM
My sympathies to you and your family. I lost my dad to cancer 17 years ago. I still think of him everyday. Heartbreak is the price we pay for love. Good thoughts coming to you from Montana.....
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Mon Oct 09 2017 03:27 AM
So sorry for you, family, and friends remember him giving you the car. I also lost me father to lung cancer 1984,sadly it seems to be a trend.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Mon Oct 09 2017 11:30 AM
I am really sorry to hear of this. Hugs from the Underthuns!
Posted By: BrianH Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Mon Oct 09 2017 11:34 AM
You guys are great - thanks for the kind words, prayers, etc. The funeral is today so while that will be rough I should get some closure.

Thanks,
Brian
Posted By: redindianguy Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Mon Oct 09 2017 01:01 PM
Brian , My Dad is in tough shape right now also . I feel for ya man . We did all the swaps and car stuff and old sign stuff together . I miss him being able to go more than words can say . My deepest sympathy buddy , prayers from Canada
Posted By: slipperpicker Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Wed Oct 11 2017 09:58 AM
Sorry for your loss.... Prayers for you and your family
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Wed Oct 11 2017 03:33 PM
Condolences on your loss Brian. I too have been through this with my dad, the last year and a half with him in a rest home. My dad wasn't a car guy but we were best fishing and hunting buddies my whole life and those memories are something you will have forever. Prayers to you and your family.
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Thu Oct 12 2017 04:37 AM
Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Tom R. Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Thu Oct 12 2017 01:25 PM
The great memories of days gone by will stay forever, after those who have had such a strong influence on our lives are gone. You are right, it makes us what we are today and with gentle effort gets past down to the next generation and hopefully is embraced there after. Sorry for your loss and condolences to your family.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Sun Oct 15 2017 12:26 PM
Brian, I just saw this posting. It was a pleasure to meet you back at CTO and I am very sorry to hear about your dad!!! I lost my dad in 01 to cancer as well. Miss him all the time. Just focus on the good times and memories and you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: BrianH Re: Lost my dad to cancer yesterday - Mon Oct 16 2017 01:05 PM
Thanks Steve....was great meeting you at CTO as well. Thank you for the condolences.

I need to get down to the Detroit area to see both yours and Steve B (Speedracer)'s collections! I'll let you guys know next time I'm in the neighborhood.

BrianH
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk