Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: KZ1000 My son has enlisted in the US Army - Tue Dec 19 2017 01:53 AM
My youngest son, a senior has enlisted in the US Army, as a Diver. He is a welder at a trade school and his goal is to be an underwater Welder. He's a very smart kid, and knows what he would like out of life. We could not be more proud of this boy, but I sure am going to miss him when he's gone.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: My son has enlisted in the US Army - Tue Dec 19 2017 02:40 AM
That is wonderful!! What a great man!
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: My son has enlisted in the US Army - Tue Dec 19 2017 10:58 AM
Very good. You should be proud. Wish all kids still had to serve two years, as we did. Might give the wanderer's some direction? I am always proud when a young man/woman does their duty. Godspeed. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: My son has enlisted in the US Army - Tue Dec 19 2017 11:15 AM
Thank you guys
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: My son has enlisted in the US Army - Tue Dec 19 2017 01:00 PM
Please thank him for keeping me safe.
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: My son has enlisted in the US Army - Tue Dec 19 2017 04:24 PM
Good for him ,thank him for his service.
I worked with a guy that was a under water welder he had some stories to tell.
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: My son has enlisted in the US Army - Tue Dec 19 2017 04:57 PM
Best of luck to your son in the service of our country. Please thank him for his service from all the Oldgas community.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: My son has enlisted in the US Army - Tue Dec 19 2017 11:27 PM
I enlisted at 21 years of age and it was 2 of the best years of my life. I learned more about humanity in those 2 years than any other period of my life. Having made the choice on his own, he will go far in his chosen field and it will advance his civilian career and opportunities beyond his imagination! Best of luck to this young man!!!
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: My son has enlisted in the US Army - Wed Dec 20 2017 04:27 AM
In all honesty it would be great for each person to serve in some type of service. They learn a great deal, grow up big time, learn to work together, and serve our country.
Posted By: JimT Re: My son has enlisted in the US Army - Wed Dec 20 2017 09:21 AM
Rick you should be very proud of your son!
Posted By: st.rod Re: My son has enlisted in the US Army - Wed Dec 20 2017 11:28 AM
Right ON! Wish more kids thought about this country.

Larry
Posted By: hawkike Re: My son has enlisted in the US Army - Thu Dec 21 2017 02:58 AM
Thank your son for his decision to join the military! You must be proud of him,thanks also for all that are serving and those that have served.Shortly after turning 17 in 1952 I joined the Navy and went aboard a destroyer,the Cowell DD 547.Jan.of 53 we went to Korea,
smile
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: My son has enlisted in the US Army - Sat Dec 31 2022 03:22 PM
Ran across this old thread I started,
An update, he is now a Green Beret, has his Airborne, Special Forces, Ranger patches, and is Staff Sargent. All at 22 years old.
To say we are proud of this man is an understatement, he has worked hard to get where he is at. He is home this week, and who knows where the coming year will bring him.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: My son has enlisted in the US Army - Sat Dec 31 2022 04:25 PM
May God Keep Him Safe,As He Keeps Us Safe.
Posted By: Bill jr Re: My son has enlisted in the US Army - Sat Dec 31 2022 10:22 PM
Thank him from all of us
Posted By: dodgeman60 Re: My son has enlisted in the US Army - Sun Jan 01 2023 02:35 PM
That is very impressive, my hat is off to that young man. thanks for his service!
Posted By: Skydog Re: My son has enlisted in the US Army - Mon Jan 02 2023 01:22 AM
Thanks for the follow up, being proud of your kids is a great feeling!
Posted By: gasmelincelr Re: My son has enlisted in the US Army - Mon Jan 02 2023 05:30 PM
Happy to hear he is doing so well Rick.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk