Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: T-way Friday morning . . . - Fri Apr 06 2018 01:25 PM
Good day all.

Woke up to about an inch of snow on the truck and the grass this morning - and it was snowing.

Made for an interesting ride into the gym!

Much better on the way home.

Have a good one all.

Later . . .

Jim
Posted By: Terry Flannery Re: Friday morning . . . - Fri Apr 06 2018 01:40 PM
The forecasted light snowfall is coming down very, very heavy. Just better sit here and have some coffee. Still no maple syrup making in the daily plan. Terry
Posted By: gatorgaspumps Re: Friday morning . . . - Fri Apr 06 2018 02:11 PM
Checking in. Slept with the window open last night, 49 was the low. Turkeys woke me up at 5:30. Off to the shop. Richard
Posted By: Done4 Re: Friday morning . . . - Fri Apr 06 2018 02:32 PM
Good morning everyone.

Over cast with light rain and a damp cold. Guess there is another storm on the way for us too. Man, this has become really old to say the least.

Not much on the schedule today so I'll have to get creative which will be a push. Could work on the pump but we'll see.

Have a great day everyone, stay warm and safe.
Posted By: nochevys Re: Friday morning . . . - Fri Apr 06 2018 02:40 PM
Morning all,
Late start for me today. Still cold here not expected to reach 50 here for the foreseeable future. I want spring!

Attached picture 3baa41b7224e6aa61de752a99181d929.jpg
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Friday morning . . . - Fri Apr 06 2018 03:57 PM
Good morning,

Finally got caught up with phone calls from being gone from the shop for one day. Getting things organized for my vintage snowmobile ride on Sunday. Hopefully we will have a good turn out.

Have a good day everybody!

Attached picture skipatrol poster.jpg
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Friday morning . . . - Fri Apr 06 2018 05:45 PM
Hello All,
Luckily we missed the 2-4" of snow we were supposed to see overnight....no qualms here though! There was some slushy snow on the windshields, that's about it.
Some elderly friends that winter in Florida are expecting to be home this weekend. I asked for them to bring some real spring weather with them on the way up! I hope they can deliver.
Have a good day all,
Darin
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Friday morning . . . - Fri Apr 06 2018 06:50 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I was off before dawn driving my truck & a trailer into the city to a food bank for our local food pantry. Brought back over a ton of food, including 25 cases of table grapes. We had to pull out a few percent of rotten grapes, but filled 4 refrigerators full of good ones to give out next week.

Snow is possible a couple of times over the weekend, with a possible record cold Saturday night in the low 20s. Beautiful in the 50s right now.

Have a great Friday out there in Oldgasland

Description: 250 bags of grapes filling 4 refrigerators
Attached picture IMG_20180406_110518.jpg
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Friday morning . . . - Fri Apr 06 2018 08:32 PM
Jim, Well done! I know the food banks really appreciate the assistance.
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Friday morning . . . - Fri Apr 06 2018 10:52 PM
Afternoon all, That is a lot of grapes. I'm just ran home from the hospital for a few minutes then headed back. My Mom fell last night breaking her hip,then they have found a brain tumor. This may be the one that gets her,need your prayers guys and gals. I'm headed back thanks in advance.
Posted By: Done4 Re: Friday morning . . . - Fri Apr 06 2018 10:56 PM
Prayers in our thoughts for your Mom.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Friday morning . . . - Sat Apr 07 2018 12:32 AM
Our prayers for your Mom, Loyd.
Posted By: wayno48 Re: Friday morning . . . - Sat Apr 07 2018 01:00 AM
So sorry to hear of moms diagnoses. My mother and only sister and sibling both passed from brain cancer. My prayers are with you and your family.
Posted By: Nicole Re: Friday morning . . . - Sat Apr 07 2018 02:37 AM
Loyd,

I am hoping they caught it at a treatable stage! A friend of my was operated on for a cancerous brain tumor, and has been cancer free for 15 years. I wish and pray your mom has the same outcome...
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Friday morning . . . - Sat Apr 07 2018 06:17 AM
Thanks guys Nicole she had surgery in 2004 to remove one, treatments in 2009 and its back bigger than ever in the same place.I guess we will get in to that Monday.maybe . They are not going to repair her hip they say the way she refuses to be still it would not mend. Can't get to many answers out of anyone on a Friday it seems.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk