Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: K W FRITH Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Wed Mar 23 2011 05:21 PM
When Ryan was cleaning t5hings out and selling them, I bought this neato Pump Puzzle with a Tokheim 36B at an old building/service station. My wife and I put it together in the evenings and had a great time doing it! Tara Worsham had indicated an interest in it, so she gets it next! If anyone else is interested, we can make it the OLD GAS Traveling Pump Puzzle! Contact Tara to be the next in line!
The puzzle is complete and a real challenge to put together!
Have fun----KEVIN

Attached picture puzzle resized.jpg
Posted By: st.rod Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Wed Mar 23 2011 10:03 PM
Kevin sign the inside of the box top. Might be kind of neat to see all who have had it.

Larry
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Wed Mar 23 2011 10:16 PM
Hey, great idea Larry! I'll sign and date it and put that it came from Ryan! Thanks!
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Wed Mar 23 2011 10:23 PM
Nice looking "photo", of what it looks like when completed.

Someone can have my turn with it. I would "play nice" for atleast 30 seconds and then start with larger and larger hammers until the pieces started to fit... confused

For some reason I doubt it would look like the photo Kevin posted, once I got through with it and it started on its way again. blush
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Wed Mar 23 2011 10:27 PM
good idea on signing it. then you know who to call when the last piece comesup missing!!LOL
Posted By: Savinsam Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Wed Mar 23 2011 10:38 PM
Hey, anyone interested in owning a "new in box" same puzzle? I have one that's never been opened. Maybe you guys could send it around after the first one to replace lost pieces! Sam
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Wed Mar 23 2011 11:18 PM
I forget who started it, but maybe 10 years ago we sent pictures of our collections around in a shoebox. Each shop talk member would add some photos or a disc with their pics. Some threw in some goodies (matchbooks, etc) for those down the line.
Might have been Frankie Geisler that started it. Hubba and Don Sherwood among others were before me. I think I sent it to Colorado. Seems like it was close to a year or year and a half before it made its way around.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Wed Mar 23 2011 11:37 PM
I have that puzzle & it's Missing the pump TOP!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Thu Mar 24 2011 12:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett

LOL--Probably just sold on Ebay!
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Thu Mar 24 2011 03:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett

LOL Thanks for the belly laugh ! grin
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Thu Mar 24 2011 02:30 PM
That is a great idea Kevin! I wish I would have thought of it.
Posted By: Tara Worsham Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Thu Mar 24 2011 07:08 PM
I think it's a neat idea, too. It might take me awhile to get it done, but whoever wants it next, let me know!
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Thu Mar 24 2011 07:36 PM
just dont send it to dick,or the top will come up missing again!!LOL
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Thu Mar 24 2011 10:52 PM
I remember doing that... wow that was a long time ago.
Posted By: Tara Worsham Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Thu Mar 24 2011 11:19 PM
Looks like the puzzle will be on it's way to Colorado once we finish with it here.
Posted By: st.rod Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle - Thu Apr 07 2011 11:55 PM
Okay got word the famous " Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle " is headed to Colorado It started with Ryan Underthun then Kevin Frith and then Tara Worsham

Who is next to receive the puzzle and enjoy putting it together and signing the inside of the lid to see who had it last? And I will put something in the box for the next oldgasser.
Just send me your address and it comes to you next!

Larry
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle - Fri Apr 08 2011 12:24 AM
I'm in Larry.... PM sent.
Posted By: st.rod Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle - Fri Apr 08 2011 12:32 AM
You got it!! Well, actually I don't have it.

Fun Fun But you will!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle - Fri Apr 08 2011 02:22 AM
I'm sure glad its making the rounds! My wife and I had a great time putting it together and trying to find that "next elusive piece". Heres a picture of it all together, so get in line and see how far this thing travels!

Attached picture puzzle resized.jpg
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle - Fri Apr 08 2011 02:58 AM
Looks like fun.
Hey Thunder, I'll take it after you. Just box it up in a Chevron Pump and send it my way. Haha
Mike
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle - Sun Jun 12 2011 10:15 PM
Mike. I need your address, for the puzzle. BTW, check the box. There will be some goodies in it for you.
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle - Sun Jun 12 2011 11:13 PM
Emailed you Thunder. Thanks,
Mike
Posted By: kookeytalker Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle - Mon Jun 13 2011 12:20 AM
I'm in next. Lemme know when you're ready for address.
Posted By: s932 Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle - Mon Jun 13 2011 12:34 AM
I dont no for sure if this is true or not but i have been told that that pump and globe are still there and its about two hours from where i live. I havent been able to confirm this. I had a local photographer tell me this so who knows. maybe a road trip
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle - Mon Jun 13 2011 12:38 AM
I think I would pay them to maintain it in its place! Man, what better roadside site could you ever see! Thats classic! If you find out where its at, please let me know. I'd like to go and get a photo beside that pump!
Posted By: s932 Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle - Mon Jun 13 2011 12:49 AM
I will see what I can do
Posted By: Tara Worsham Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle - Mon Jun 13 2011 01:55 AM
Glad to see this is still going around! Neat idea, Kevin!
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle - Mon Jun 13 2011 01:30 PM
Pomona General Store
3150 Sadler Rd
Pomona, IL. 62975

http://www.flickr.com/photos/loreshdw/163936672/

That's all the info I could dig up so far.
Posted By: K W FRITH Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Tue Sep 06 2011 12:37 AM
OK--We haven't heard about the location of the Old Gas traveling puzzle for some time now! Is it stalled in someones house? This thing needs to keep moving and if we can't find another Old Gasser for it to go to, send it back to me and I'll make sure it gets going again!
C'mon! Fess up-- where's it at!
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Tue Sep 06 2011 01:35 AM
I'm guilty! I asked my girls to send it off to Bruzer. Funny thing. I found its still here. I'll get it out in the next day or so.
Posted By: Tara Worsham Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Tue Sep 06 2011 02:03 AM
I've been wondering about this. Can you post the list of where it's been, Jeff? Curious to see where its been.
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Tue Sep 06 2011 02:29 AM
Purchased from Ryan Underthun.

Kevin Firth.

Tara & Wes Worsham.

Larry "Streetrod" Biegler.

Then here, at Thunder Road. For WAAAAAY too long. Soon to be headed to the Pacific North West.
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Tue Sep 06 2011 03:55 AM
I'll take it after Mike.

Then I can send it on down to DB.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Tue Sep 06 2011 04:09 AM
I've got one, BUT it's MISSING 1pc! Any guesses? LOL
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Fri Sep 09 2011 01:29 PM
Glad to see this thing rolling again! I wonder how long it will take to wear it out!
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Sun Oct 02 2011 01:35 PM
Rolled up to the front door yesterday. Michelle said she would help me put it together. I am so glad of that, there's a lot of pieces.
Mike
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Sun Oct 02 2011 01:54 PM
Whoops, I found another thread for the traveling puzzle from back in June. Looks like kookytalker should be next.
Mike
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=258703&page=1
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Sun Oct 02 2011 02:16 PM
I "asked" my office girl, COUNTLESS times, to get that silly thing in the mail. AGAIN, I found it on the shelf in the closet. As musc fun as I had with that thing, It had overstayed its welcome and HAD TO GO!!!

I'm glad it finally made it up there Mike. I think that there was something extra in there for you.
Posted By: TILLER Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Sun Oct 02 2011 05:50 PM
is there a main thread where we can add our name to a list ?
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Mon Oct 03 2011 02:19 PM
There are two threads for the Traveling Puzzle. The one we are on now and this one from April:
Kookytalker asked to be next from that thread in April and Scott asked to be next on this thread. I have PM'd Kookytalker for an address. As far as I can tell the list would go like this Kookytalker, Scott BASELT, Dick BENNETT, and then Dan (TILLER). I am going to put this same information on the other thread and ask a moderator to close one of these threads so we all can be on the same thread.
Mike
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle - Mon Oct 03 2011 02:23 PM
There are two threads for the Traveling Puzzle. The one we are on now and this one from September:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=277443&page=1
Kookytalker asked to be next from this thread and Scott asked to be next on the September thread. I have PM'd Kookytalker for an address. As far as I can tell the list would go like this Kookytalker, Scott BASELT, Dick BENNETT, and then Dan (TILLER). I am going to put this same information on the other thread and ask a moderator to close one of these threads so we all can be on the same thread.
Mike
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle - Mon Oct 03 2011 02:29 PM
And now I found the original post where it all started.
Mike
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=242989&page=1
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Mon Oct 03 2011 02:30 PM
And now I found the original post where it all started.
Mike
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=242989&page=1
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Mon Oct 03 2011 02:38 PM
Got the oldgas traveling puzzle in the mail on Saturday. Did some searching and found there are 3 open threads for the Traveling Puzzle. This one we are on now, one from April:
and one from September:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=277450&page=1
Kookytalker asked to be next from the thread in April and Scott asked to be next on the thread in September. I have PM'd Kookytalker for an address. As far as I can tell the list would go like this Kookytalker, Scott BASELT, Dick BENNETT, and then Dan (TILLER). I am going to put this same information on the other threads and ask a moderator to close all but one of these threads so we all can be on the same thread.
Mike
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Mon Oct 03 2011 03:03 PM
I will try to get all three of these posts merged together later today.
Posted By: TILLER Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Mon Oct 03 2011 03:46 PM
sweet .. i only hope dick doesnt take any pieces before it gets to me laugh
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Mon Oct 03 2011 03:49 PM
Originally Posted By: TILLER
sweet .. i only hope dick doesnt take any pieces before it gets to me laugh

Or replace a few pieces with pieces from another puzzle!
Posted By: LC 336 Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Mon Oct 03 2011 07:36 PM
It looks like that could take a long time to put together, if there's a list I'll go on it.
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Tue Oct 04 2011 12:56 AM
Michelle and I are still working on the puzzle. I have not heard from kookytalker yet but I got an email from db. He has a puzzle just like this so I'll take him off the list. So the updated list is this:
kookytalker
Scott
Dan
LC 336

Attached picture Oldgas Traveling Puzzle.jpg
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Tue Oct 04 2011 01:08 AM
That piece, in the middle... That goes on the left side of the pump. About in the middle.. LOL.
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Tue Oct 04 2011 01:12 AM
Michelle and I are still working on the puzzle. I have not heard from kookytalker yet but I got an email from db. He has a puzzle just like this so I'll take him off the list. So the updated list is this:
kookytalker
Scott
Dan
LC 336
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Thu Oct 06 2011 12:23 AM
Whew! Rainy days, staying indoors and building a puzzle. Man that was a challenge.
Kookytalker never responded to my PM so I'll get it sent off to Scott next. Have fun!
Mike

Attached picture Traveling Puzzle.jpg
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Thu Oct 06 2011 04:36 AM
Thanks Mike.
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Thu Oct 06 2011 06:29 PM
US Postal Service has it heading your way Scott.
Posted By: TILLER Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Mon Oct 31 2011 12:03 AM
woohoo .. i might have it just in time for my thanksgiving vacation

nice project while eating turkeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Mon Oct 31 2011 12:43 AM
Glad to see this puzzle still making the rounds! Don't forget to add your name on the inside cover when you're done!
Not the easiest puzzle to assemble either!
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Sat Nov 19 2011 07:37 AM
The puzzle is on it's way to New York.

Who's next ?
Posted By: LC 336 Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Sat Nov 19 2011 04:17 PM
I'm still in line some where.
Posted By: TILLER Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Tue Nov 22 2011 09:34 PM
i got the puzzle .. border is done and a few more pieces in. Should have it finished after thanksgiving.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Tue Nov 22 2011 11:24 PM
Dan--I bet it takes longer than you think! Lots of pieces are colored the same!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Wed Nov 23 2011 04:39 AM
Not as bad for Most as KW is Blind in 1 eye & Color Challenged in the other. Why else would he have a young wife that knows how to catch Fish & find Pumps? Somebody has to dress out the Deer! LOL
Posted By: TILLER Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Tue Dec 06 2011 10:16 PM
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH
Dan--I bet it takes longer than you think! Lots of pieces are colored the same!
You're not kidding!!! Between my eyes going crazy from looking at pieces and the fact that some of the pieces are getting a hair loose this is in the wifes words "the last puzzle your getting me into"

Guess I gotta make it count!!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Tue Jan 31 2012 12:52 AM
OK Dan--Did you ever finish and send it on to Lee? Just wondering where this thing is at?
Posted By: TILLER Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Tue Mar 20 2012 01:27 AM
1st time ive been on since dec (been out of work)

puzzle was done and put "away" by the wife

who was the next 1 to get it so i can get it in the mail

sorry for the delay guys frown
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Tue Mar 20 2012 01:33 AM
I think LC 336 is next! Throw him a PM and send it on its way! Don't forget to sign your name somewhere on the box!
Posted By: LC 336 Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Tue Mar 20 2012 12:08 PM
Hi Tiller
I sent you a PM with my address.
Thanks Guy's
Lee
Posted By: LC 336 Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Mon Apr 16 2012 10:24 PM
Hey Tiller,
I got the puzzle today, this thing looks hard!!!
Can't wait to get started this evening.

It looks like it could take a while, I'm not sure how long it took others to do it in the past.

Thanks
Lee
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Tue Apr 17 2012 12:37 AM
About 96 hours for one person. It almost makes you go blind but it was fun and challenging. Good luck.
Mike
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Tue Apr 17 2012 12:16 PM
Have fun with it Lee! The warden and I did it together and we had a lot of fun trying to beat each other to the next piece that would fit! Took us a whole week of part time in the evenings!
Posted By: LC 336 Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Wed Apr 18 2012 03:05 AM
Will Do!
That sounds fast to me, it looks like a hard puzzle.

My wife and I are going to start it this weekend.
Posted By: LC 336 Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Mon May 07 2012 12:22 AM
Just got the puzzle together. This is a first for me, I have never done a puzzle before.
My wife and I were addicted to this thing, we had such a great time putting it together. Anyway it's ready to travel.
Who's next?
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Mon May 07 2012 12:14 PM
Lee--Don't forget to put your name on the box somewhere! How many people has it gone thru now?
Get in line Old Gassers- this is a great puzzle to put together and it costs you "NOTHING". You just have to send it on to the next person in line! Great feeling of accomplishment when its done!
Posted By: LC 336 Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Tue May 08 2012 12:35 AM
My name in the lid is #9.

This puzzle is a blast to put together who's next.
Posted By: KarimaAllison1 Re: Old Gas Traveling puzzle? - Thu Jun 07 2012 02:06 PM
Hello, I am new here. I am very interested in the Pomona General Store puzzle. I grew up in Jackson County, Illinois, where Pomona is located. I have many happy memories connected with the old Pomona General store.

I remember trips to the store with my Aunt and Uncle who had a farm high on a hill just above Pomona. This was circa in the 1950s. We would get ice cold bottles of Coke from the Coke Cooler inside the store. I remember that they were lined up inside the cooler and had to be slid along a track to retrieve them. I also remember looking at the bags of flour and sugar, packaged in "fabric" bags which was used for making clothes, etc. at that time. The bags sat under the windowsill inside the store. What wonderful memories I have of this place. My great grandmother Fleming also lived on the road to Pomona. I remember a night when I was staying with my Aunt and Uncle seeing my Great Grandma's house, which was on the road below the farm, in flames. I remember our rushing down to her house and the sound of the canned goods exploding in the fire. Greta Grandma was OK, but her house was completely destroyed.

I would very much like to know who the manufacturer of the puzzle is. Thank you for your patience.
Posted By: KarimaAllison1 Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Thu Jun 07 2012 02:10 PM
Can you tell me who the manufacturer of the puzzle is? I would dearly love to get one.
Posted By: huskybob Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Thu Jun 07 2012 04:04 PM
Karima....... check out this link........

http://shop.cafepress.com/antique-gas-pump
Posted By: KarimaAllison1 Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Tue Jun 12 2012 05:35 AM
Thank you, but I could not find the puzzle on that site. Any other ideas?
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Tue Jun 12 2012 09:24 AM
Just hope that it shows up in a thrift store or at a yard sale?
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Tue Jun 12 2012 02:55 PM
Where the heck is that thing now? Anyone get it from Lee?
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Wed Jun 13 2012 12:24 AM
Ah what the heck,I'll never put it together anyway..

Never opened
10 bucks and shipping. Karima,Send me an email at oldnfuelish@ sbcglobal.net
Mick
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Wed Jun 13 2012 12:57 AM
You're missing something there Mick! The Warden and I really enjoyed the time we spent together when we first put the traveling puzzle together! Really felt like we accomplished something!
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Wed Jun 13 2012 01:04 AM
Ah Kevin,just never was a puzzle person!and hopefully someone will be the happier for it!
Posted By: LC 336 Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Wed Jun 13 2012 03:42 PM
I just ran across this post, I don't look here much.
I still have it, boxed up and ready to fly.
Someone give me an address and I will ship it out.
This was a really fun puzzle to do, you wont be disappointed.

Post here if you want it, and you might PM me also in case I forget to check back.LOL

Thanks
Lee
Posted By: KarimaAllison1 Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Fri Jun 22 2012 02:47 AM
I just saw your message tonight . . . been a bit busy. cool I have sent you a message and am really pleased about your offer.
Posted By: LC 336 Re: Old Gas Traveling Pump Puzzle! - Thu Jul 19 2012 01:39 PM
ANY TAKERS ON THE PUZZLE, I CAN SHIP IT OR BRING IT TO IOWA GAS?

IT'S A LOT OF FUN, AFTER DOING THAT ONE WE STARTED BUYING PUZZLES.

Traveling Puzzle thread continued at:
https://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=459966
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk