Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: oldnfuelish Whew! It's over and I got it! - Mon Jan 21 2013 02:27 AM
Wow! Oldgas network strikes again. Last week I saw this clock on Cl,after it had been on for over a week.

I'm like... Whoa! An Aztec!(I really been wantin one of those)and the price seemed real good.so I try and call the number,figuring its long gone,but the number is disconnected . Send an email,and ask if its still available.well couple days
Later I get one back that says yes,it is. Think that was Thursday.well... The lady ( a very nice lady,by her emails)says it works,and lights,,but she's kinda busy till Sunday. I asked her for her contact info,and all of the sudden no reply. Now,its in holland mi,so on Friday,I bug Lonnie Hop,while he's at its a gas,and ask him if he might be able to pick it up for me,if the deal happens.well,Lonnie ,being the great guy that he is,says no problem. Then on sat, she gets back to me,and we exchange a few emails,and she says she will send me pics. i agree to her asking price,ask for contact info again,and then she's gone again,and I'm thinking damn,missed it ,someone beat me out! Now I'm sure you all know the feeling when your sitting there wondering what's going on! ( believe me,I was chompin on the bit!)! Especially with CL buys.well.... Turns out with the winds on sat,she had a tree hit her house,so she had other things on her mind than this old clock.emailed again today,and she sent me her info.turns out she's about 10 minutes away from Lonnie .this afternoon,he made it over,and picked it up for me..brought it home,and sent me this pic.
. Just goes to show,be patient,and good things will come. And,there are people,who still stand by their word,even if they aren't oldgassers! Thanks again Lonnie,and oldgas... Without which I wouldn't have met so many great people! Btw,the painted over marquee says " Oliver's sales and service" have to see if I can get it clean.
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Whew! It's over and I got it! - Mon Jan 21 2013 03:06 AM
Mick that is a sweet clock there. The Hops are great people & will help you out when you need it. Glad you got it buddy smile
Posted By: Big Block Cat Re: Whew! It's over and I got it! - Mon Jan 21 2013 03:19 AM
Hey Mick, Sounds like that clock found a good home!!It looks great all lit up!!
Posted By: JimT Re: Whew! It's over and I got it! - Mon Jan 21 2013 03:39 AM
Now your doin somthin Mick! Really like that one !
Posted By: Bud Miley Re: Whew! It's over and I got it! - Mon Jan 21 2013 04:15 AM
About how much are these clocks worth?? Ballpark..all complete working.
Thanks Bud
Posted By: JunkinJohnny Re: Whew! It's over and I got it! - Mon Jan 21 2013 01:27 PM
IMO. That one is missing the outer ring of neon BUT looks to have the original marquee. I paid 500.00 for mine working without a marquee and I think I got a heck of a deal? Anyone else wanna chime in?
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Whew! It's over and I got it! - Mon Jan 21 2013 05:20 PM
A nice condition Cleveland neon runs about $4-$600. Add an original marquee with original insert at $200 $250 If it's an Aztec 800 to a grand I paid 425 for this clock

A little better pic from Lonnie. I think I like this clock!
Posted By: JunkinJohnny Re: Whew! It's over and I got it! - Mon Jan 21 2013 08:08 PM
I love it. I have original marquee for this one but its not on it right now. It is in storage. It is the one that has the wooden letters. Doesnt have as cool of a theme as yours for mine says " Expert watch repairman"
Oh well.
I love these clocks

Attached picture IMG-20121221-00086.jpg
Posted By: JunkinJohnny Re: Whew! It's over and I got it! - Mon Jan 21 2013 08:10 PM
When I got this one. The Aztec "zigarod" ( thats what wayne calls it) was yellow. and the can was green. I dealt with the green can but had to paint the outer metal ring back to its tradition black. Also added the sticker.
Posted By: Bud Miley Re: Whew! It's over and I got it! - Mon Jan 21 2013 09:29 PM
Great pics.. thanks for the prices. I passed one for $100 not working a while back but it had lots of rust on it so I didnt buy it.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Whew! It's over and I got it! - Mon Jan 21 2013 09:55 PM
A guy I met says he has no problem paying 700 for non working,original Aztecs.johnny,that's awesome,can't wait to get mine and get it fixed! Here's the one I bought from him,wont get it until he passes thru early next month

This is all original,with the face lighted from the inside. Also there are two types of marquees. One is like a can,with an insert.( this is whats on the orange one)thats what I was talking about when I priced the marquee in my earlier post. The Aztec is just a flat piece of metal.which,if its got something cool on it,still could go pretty high. IMO
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk