Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: oldnfuelish How many of you carry one of these,almost always? - Sun Feb 03 2013 09:26 PM
When I was about ten,my dad gave me my first"little wrench"!

(i I will be 52 mid spring).my little wrench was my pride and joy.it was always in my left back pocket,ready to help me get out of a jam.when I first started driving,it helped me loosen many bolts on the old beaters I had.later years,I took whole carbs off,cleaned them out and made it home( some times at ungodly hours!)although I have lost a couple(fallin off roof into snow,airport security took it away( really gonna take the plane apart and make us crash with that wrench,) and just plain lost some,I have always had one!when I didn't,I felt something was missing.(kinda like when you forget your belt?)my brother,and brother in law carry one,my older son,and nephew have em.( ya ever see those guys with the bears coins? They all pull em out,and if you don't have yours,you gotta buy?)well,we haven't done that ,but the thought has crossed my mind.anyway,I got to thinkin... I wonder how many other crazy people out there carry a"little wrench". Not a knife,or a do all thing tool,but one of these. Can tell a lot about a person by what they carry!lol!and if you don't have one,consider it. One of the handiest things in my daily routine,when I load up my pockets in the morning.
Posted By: Brad67 Re: How many of you carry one of these,almost always? - Sun Feb 03 2013 09:32 PM
I carry mine in my left front pocket all my jeans have a hole worn in the pocket due to the tip of the wrench ,,,
I don't carry one in my pocket, however, all my trucks have one, with some other goodies.

Maybe I should carry one in my pocket. I wonder if I can get one from Amazon. ROTFLMAO!!!
A tape measure is almost always within reach with me.
Crescent wrench... Tape measure...

Does anybody see the connection here?
THEY'RE TOOLS! smile
Crescent wrench,tape measure,hammer & screwdriver are always with me. What are you talking about Thunder,connection naa LoL grin
Posted By: bwfergus Re: How many of you carry one of these,almost always? - Mon Feb 04 2013 01:19 AM
I carry a small pair of channel locks. Does that count?
Ah well...started out ok.... Thanks for answering my question,brad67
Posted By: JimT Re: How many of you carry one of these,almost always? - Mon Feb 04 2013 02:38 AM
Mick- for years- like from 18- 35 it was a pair of #5 wr vise grips and a 112 Buck knife. Just always had to have the "5s" It was even a joke with my buddies. "The 5s to the rescue." Now its a Leatherman and a box cutter. Gotta have 'em. LOL
PS- I'll be 53 in the spring.
Posted By: Nicole Re: How many of you carry one of these,almost always? - Mon Feb 04 2013 02:58 AM
In my former career, I always, always had a simple, single bladed penknife in my pocket to scrape bark to see if a branch was alive. It was Swiss Army--kept if from the days I used to propogate poinsettias by the thousands. Always had it in my pocket, no matter where I was (except when I wore a dress).

Years ago had to removed it when I was doing research at our local county court house, and the court officers gave me stern looks going through security. I never put it back, but keep it in a drawer. Ya never know when you might have a penknife emergency around the house... grin

Now considered a deadly weapon.
Originally Posted By: oldnfuelish
Ah well...started out ok.... Thanks for answering my question,brad67

My apologies Mick. I read, and even re-read your post. I thought that you were asking if any if us carried a crescent wrench in our pocket.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk