Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Mac Barber Pole Question - Mon Oct 28 2013 02:29 PM
I just bought this wind up/ hand crank barber pole. The top lights up and I could have swore that the cylinder did too, however after buying it and bringing it home yesterday, only the top lights up. I am wondering if the rattling around in the car killed the other bulb. Does anyone know where the bulb would be inside the cylinder and how you get to it to replace it? Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mac

Attached picture BARBER POLE.jpg
Attached picture BARBER POLE2.jpg
Posted By: Catauladave Re: Barber Pole Question - Mon Oct 28 2013 07:00 PM
I have never had one, but this resource may be helpful: http://www.wmmarvyco.com/products.html
Dave
Posted By: Mac Re: Barber Pole Question - Mon Oct 28 2013 07:34 PM
Thanks Dave. I have been all over the internet trying to find a schematic or anything that would tell me where the other bulb is located and how to get to it. So far, no luck.

Mac
Posted By: coheley5 Re: Barber Pole Question - Mon Oct 28 2013 08:11 PM
Take the top globe off and the screws that holds top ring on and then pull out socket and you have a back to back socket with bulbs

Attached picture mGlQ8sYimpCppE37oQswSYQ.jpg
Posted By: Mac Re: Barber Pole Question - Mon Oct 28 2013 08:52 PM
Thanks. I did open it up and there is only one socket for the top.

Mac
Posted By: Catauladave Re: Barber Pole Question - Mon Oct 28 2013 09:38 PM
Put a long bulb in it (from an aquarium light hood).
Posted By: Mac Re: Barber Pole Question - Mon Oct 28 2013 09:58 PM
I may just have to buy a double ended socket and rewire. Thanks guys!

Mac
Posted By: Mac Re: Barber Pole Question - Tue Oct 29 2013 03:55 PM
If anyone in Oldgas land has a hand crank barber pole like mine, please send me a PM. I have some questions.

Thanks
Mac
Posted By: open wheel Re: Barber Pole Question - Tue Oct 29 2013 07:45 PM
Very early models of that pole only had one light that was between the globe and the cylinder. That would light both the cylinder and globe evenly, but very weakly. Since your globe looks like it's lit pretty well, I'm guessing it's "supposed" to be a two light as it has a light going into the globe but nothing into the cylinder.

The light that Coheley shows is what you need. You can call Marvy and tell them you have a Koken 23 (6" glass) and they'll know what you're talking about.

I have MANY of those wind up motors. What do you need to know?
Posted By: Mac Re: Barber Pole Question - Tue Oct 29 2013 08:46 PM
Thanks open wheel. Have question on crank mechanism.
Posted By: Mac Re: Barber Pole Question - Tue Oct 29 2013 08:54 PM
Open wheel

Sent you a pm
Posted By: Mac Re: Barber Pole Question - Thu Oct 31 2013 02:15 PM
Open Wheel,

Here are some internal pics as requested. I tried emailing you, but the emails came back undeliverable.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.
Mac

Attached picture bp1.jpg
Attached picture bp2.jpg
Attached picture bp3.jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk