Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Big B1 Richfield letters from Peotone auction - Tue Oct 29 2013 07:39 PM
I bid on and won Richfield porcelain letters from Peotone auction. In the description it says Richfield Porcelain Letters, Rated 8 12"x90" some letters have chips, Mounted on board. I received package today in a box 16"x16" . Shouldn't it have been mounted to the board like described in Auctions description of item. I feel like I was sold something that isn't what I got. Called Matthews and they said it would have cost to much to ship mounted.
Posted By: Gas stuff.com Re: Richfield letters from Peotone auction - Tue Oct 29 2013 07:58 PM
Sounds like they did you a favor. It was on a standard piece of plywood,at least that's what it looked like. Would have cost a bunch to ship for sure. Would be cheaper to go buy a piece,my 2 cents.
Posted By: wfort39663 Re: Richfield letters from Peotone auction - Tue Oct 29 2013 08:06 PM
I guess you could have them ship you the piece of plywood at your expense. Would that make you feel better?
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Richfield letters from Peotone auction - Tue Oct 29 2013 08:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Gas stuff.com
Sounds like they did you a favor. It was on a standard piece of plywood,at least that's what it looked like. Would have cost a bunch to ship for sure. Would be cheaper to go buy a piece,my 2 cents.

...I agree...a LOT cheaper...
Posted By: Invader Todd Re: Richfield letters from Peotone auction - Tue Oct 29 2013 08:20 PM
To box and ship something 90" long would have been costly.
I bought a few items from the same auction and was happy with the packaging and shipping few.

Todd
Posted By: Big B1 Re: Richfield letters from Peotone auction - Tue Oct 29 2013 08:28 PM
I assumed it was mounted to the wall of Station like that. Just thought it should have been listed that letters were mounted for display purposes only Instead of 12" x 90". I was expecting a bigger package.
Posted By: mcguffeyd1 Re: Richfield letters from Peotone auction - Tue Oct 29 2013 08:32 PM
Packing from Matthew's is top notch. Always great packing. But I understand what you mean. I bought a rare can from them once and paid good money for it and when I got the can it was on a donor can and welded to it. The can was rated 9.5 and did not show the seam. They never mentioned that it was on a donor. Plus when I emailed them I never got a response. Kinda killed the value to me.

Dan
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk