Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: LOWright Insurance Sign Hanger …might have over done it! - Sun Nov 02 2014 08:32 PM
I picked up this Farmers Auto Insurance sign a couple weeks ago and decided to make a hanger for it, as some of you know i do Iron work for a living. Talked to Mark Smith a few days ago and he said he had an original hanger for his Farmer Sign and would send me a drawing of it. Well i already had this one started, so yesterday i decided to go ahead and finish it. Might have over done it! LOL

Attached picture Farmer Insurance hanger.jpg
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Insurance Sign Hanger …might have over done it! - Sun Nov 02 2014 09:39 PM
Wow! That is impressive.
That's awesome. Looks great. Very classy looking.
Posted By: Tbirdgas Re: Insurance Sign Hanger …might have over done it! - Sun Nov 02 2014 10:56 PM
Real Craftsmanship!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Insurance Sign Hanger …might have over done it! - Sun Nov 02 2014 11:04 PM
That is incredible! Thanks for sharing a picture.
May our lives glorify God,
Michael
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: Insurance Sign Hanger …might have over done it! - Sun Nov 02 2014 11:36 PM
First Class ! Thumbs up
Quite Incredible! Major Talent to say the least!
You'll never give up that sign, now. That's impressive!
Wow! Thats very nice! You are quite talented.
Posted By: really Re: Insurance Sign Hanger …might have over done it! - Mon Nov 03 2014 03:16 AM
Super nice!!, in fact so nice that if I'm honest, it might over power that sign just a little......but it's killer looking!
Posted By: Toys4Fun Re: Insurance Sign Hanger …might have over done it! - Mon Nov 03 2014 04:31 AM
Very NICE!!!
Very nice workmanship.
Posted By: Alex Re: Insurance Sign Hanger …might have over done it! - Mon Nov 03 2014 02:06 PM
To me, it matches the sign well. Can see that on a little vine covered cottage at the end of main street that sells insurance....small town Americana...very nice
Posted By: BryceG Re: Insurance Sign Hanger …might have over done it! - Mon Nov 03 2014 02:09 PM
Pekin is about 10-miles from me... always kind of liked those signs because of it. Good looking hanger you made!

Let me ask... is the bird on the sign a decal type of application on the sign, or is it part of the porcelain? I saw one in an antique shop a few weeks ago and the eagle portion seemed to be decal of sort.
That is unreal... Sweet job!
Posted By: LOWright Re: Insurance Sign Hanger …might have over done it! - Mon Nov 03 2014 06:18 PM

The eagle is part of the four color porcelain,. I have seen 4 or 5 of these signs and they all have been three color, this is the only black border one that i have seen. All the others had a orange border.

Thanks for the comments, i enjoy doing it and hope you guys like to see it..
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk