Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: John Mario Standard Oil Gas Globe - Mon Aug 24 2015 01:33 AM
I have a Standard Oil crown that is milk glass with Green Paint. Just like the gold or red, but green. Anyone know about this?
Posted By: HI-OCTANE Re: Standard Oil Gas Globe - Mon Aug 24 2015 07:50 AM
The Green ones are for diesel , very hard to find
Can you post a picture of it ?
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: Standard Oil Gas Globe - Mon Aug 24 2015 10:23 AM
Grey were for diesel. Green was naptha tractor fuel.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Standard Oil Gas Globe - Mon Aug 24 2015 10:39 PM
John, does your Crown look like this one in the Oldgas Album?

http://www.gaspumps.info/gallery/v/globes/Std+Ind/Green+Crown+Naptha+Tractor+Fuel+1930s.JPG.html
Posted By: HI-OCTANE Re: Standard Oil Gas Globe - Tue Aug 25 2015 12:51 AM
Lastgas , is correct The gray crowns are for diesel fuel and the green crowns are for tractor fuel 1939 - 1961 rated a category
4 which means rare- Few known to exist, available but much harder to find . Value: $ 1250 - $ 2000 + according to Guide to gas pump globes 2012 CD .

Still would love to see a picture of it .
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: Standard Oil Gas Globe - Tue Aug 25 2015 11:20 AM
Here's the OP's globe.

Attached picture green.jpg
Posted By: HI-OCTANE Re: Standard Oil Gas Globe - Sun Aug 30 2015 07:11 PM
Wow ,Give this guy all kinds of information on this globe about rarity and a price of what it's worth. And he has it listed for sale on face book . And not even one word of appreciation or a thank you . Geez !
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Standard Oil Gas Globe - Sun Aug 30 2015 08:55 PM
That sucks, seems to be common anymore unfortunately....he should have offered it here on Old Gas first as I'm sure there would be a willing buyer.

I've said it before, and I try to be nice and offer information occasionally, but a simple "thanks for the help/information gents" would go a helluva long way with goodwill towards others when folks ask for information on this site! This is exactly why fewer and fewer of us are giving out information anymore. mad
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: Standard Oil Gas Globe - Sun Aug 30 2015 10:10 PM
I had an email conversation with the guy and provided the info he was looking for. He did say thanks.
Posted By: BryceG Re: Standard Oil Gas Globe - Mon Aug 31 2015 07:52 PM
how can you tell it to be original vs a red crown repainted green?

the green paint looks perfect. how would one know?
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk