Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: crad CROWN SILVER Globe Lens - Sun Jan 17 2016 09:38 PM
Found in a friends grandpas barn (two of these). I cannot tell if they are original. No dates,labeled reproduction, or marked "licensed" . The retainer is aluminum and has a what appears to be "fresher" coat of black paint on them. His grandpa was a tinkerer and always blasted and painted his tools, tractor parts, etc. So it is definitely possible he "refurbished" the ring. Here is what I do know: retainer ring is aluminum and has a brass flat head screw to "clasp", inside of ring looks like it may have been blue at one time, Lens is reverse painted glass, lens measures 13 1/4" across. I found them on this site as well "Crown Silver 1956 to 1973 Gill". His grandpa was a antique tractor guy and went to many tractor shows throughout the midwest. He would always bring back parts, tools, and anything rare. Any insight is very much appreciated!
Thanks
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: CROWN SILVER Globe Lens - Sun Jan 17 2016 09:53 PM
They look like originals to me.....I wouldn't have any worries with them.
Darin
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: CROWN SILVER Globe Lens - Mon Jan 18 2016 03:59 AM
Original.
Posted By: hawkike Re: CROWN SILVER Globe Lens - Mon Jan 18 2016 04:28 AM
Looks like mine on gill.

smile
Posted By: eshaver Re: CROWN SILVER Globe Lens - Mon Jan 18 2016 02:07 PM
Crown central petroleum is one of those companies that had regional interest and when they were a "Real" service station operation hardly EVER advertised or really were that big into image . Their claim to fame were their "Twin Chimney service stations .
Posted By: eshaver Re: CROWN SILVER Globe Lens - Mon Jan 18 2016 02:09 PM

© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk