Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Pablo Zerolene sign on eBay & "gaspower"?? - Sat Jun 02 2007 12:00 AM
Does anybody know "gaspower" on eBay?? If so, please pass along that he just paid $360 for a repop Zerolene sign...

http://cgi.ebay.com/STANDARD-OIL-ZEROLEN...1QQcmdZViewItem

This 6 inch repop was made in the late 1990's. I bought two for $15 each. The eBay sign is beat up and weathered to appear old.
Posted By: Pablo Re: Zerolene sign on eBay & "gaspower"?? - Sat Jun 02 2007 12:29 AM
Collectors looking for Zerolene signs, for future reference here's the real deal...

Here's the repops...

Note that the second sign has added orange paint trim for a look closer to the real sign. It still doesn't come close to the $2,800 original but it sure is much cheaper!!
Posted By: hiltd Re: Zerolene sign on eBay & "gaspower"?? - Sun Jun 03 2007 04:38 AM
good call, your right
Posted By: gaspower Re: Zerolene sign on eBay & "gaspower"?? - Sun Jun 03 2007 08:07 AM
Thank you. I don't profess to know it all, that's why we try to pass along the information while the auction is still running, maybe help another collector out.
Posted By: Pablo Re: Zerolene sign on eBay & "gaspower"?? - Sun Jun 03 2007 01:00 PM
gaspower,
Hey, don't shoot the messenger! I tried to contact you after the auction closed but that's impossible under the new eBay rules. In this hobby, one must know his own limitations or seek help from others.

I did notify the seller explaining the facts and included the link to my OldGas commentary and photos. Only you would know if "friendlylinda" chose to make it right with you.
Posted By: Pablo Re: Zerolene sign on eBay & "gaspower"?? - Mon Jun 04 2007 02:53 AM
For sign collectors with an interest, here's another genuine Zerolene porcelain truck door sign from Standard Oil of California. Note that this sign is similar to the repop with the added orange trim. However, the real sign is 8 inches in diameter, not 6 inches like the repop. Also, look closely and note that the fonts are quite different for the genuine signs.

[This message has been edited by Pablo (edited 06-03-2007).]
Posted By: Signal Gas & Oil Re: Zerolene sign on eBay & "gaspower"?? - Mon Jun 04 2007 05:52 PM
Great info Paul. You should transfer this to Known Reprodutions on this site. Ted

------------------
Ted Pam & Ethyl Roach
Lodi CA.
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield
Posted By: djhubba Re: Zerolene sign on eBay & "gaspower"?? - Tue Jun 05 2007 10:05 PM
Good call on the transfer Ted..I have moved this topic here because this is extremely valuable info us collectors need to know.

------------------
Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK and humble moderator
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk