Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Old Racer CLARK or CLARK'S Globe lenses - Sat Jan 05 2008 11:50 AM
Okay, can anyone help me out here? I remember Clark Oil Co. back in the 50s & 60s when I was growing up in Milwaukee with this logo and this lenses. http://cgi.ebay.com/CLARK-SUPER-100-GAS-...1QQcmdZViewItem
Everything I have seen with CLARK'S Oil Co has an older logo. Are these real???? Maybe Scott B. can tell us or......
http://cgi.ebay.com/CLARKS-SUPER-100-GAS...1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the only info I could find. Looks like seller has a great record. Is the CLARK'S real?

Clark's Super Gas was a 20th Century oil company headquarted in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Founded by Emory T. Clark in 1932 as a single filling station on the corner of 60th and Greenfield Streets in Milwaukee, Clark Super Gas was known for premium gasoline. Clark stations sold premium gas exclusively and did not offer some of the other services (such as mechanical maintenance and tire changing) common to other service stations.

In 1943, the company moved into refining oil. By the mid-1950s, the company operated close to 500 gas stations throughout the Midwest with locations in Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa, and Missouri.

from 1948-1950, Clark Super Gas sponsored a minor league ice hockey team in the International Hockey League named the Milwaukee Clarks.

At its height in the 1970s, it was the largest independent oil refiner and marketer in the Midwest with 1,489 stations, and two refineries. The average amount of gallons sold per Clark station was twice the national average, and its emphasis on premium gasoline gave it a high profit margin.

Emory Clark sold his interest in the company in 1981. In 1999, the company sold off its retail unit and rebranded itself as Premcor. Clark Oil gas stations are still operating in Milwaukee. In 2001, majority of Clark stations in Southeast Michigan were closed permanently.
Posted By: gasoildude Re: CLARK or CLARK'S Globe lenses - Sat Jan 05 2008 01:16 PM
I beleive them to be real. They are in the globe book just like these. They are on page 57 on top center & bottom left. Book puts the value on the complete globes at $350-$500 for the Clarks & $300-$450 for the Clark. Hope this helps you out.
Posted By: Old Racer Re: CLARK or CLARK'S Globe lenses - Sat Jan 05 2008 03:10 PM
Da.....
I guess I should have looked at the book. It's a bi**h to get Old.
I saw some green bananas the other day. Didn't buy them. At my age you NEVER know.
Thanks Dude!

Price seems up there for one lenses...
But then if you want it I guess you have to step up. Nothing is getting any cheaper these days.

[This message has been edited by Old Racer (edited 01-05-2008).]
Posted By: Jarvis Re: CLARK or CLARK'S Globe lenses - Sat Jan 05 2008 09:16 PM
Old Racer,
There not up there yet... i am back up bidder on both. I think they still have some left in them. We'll see.
Posted By: oillease55 Re: CLARK or CLARK'S Globe lenses - Sun Jan 06 2008 12:07 PM
this auction was bogus as i suspected, that's why i didn't bid.
Posted By: souperhigh Re: CLARK or CLARK'S Globe lenses - Sun Jan 06 2008 02:36 PM
I have dealt with the seller many times and always honest .
I am willing to bet a oldgasser already bought these lens from Mike.
Bogus?? I would bet highly against it.
Posted By: Blackout Re: CLARK or CLARK'S Globe lenses - Wed Jan 09 2008 01:18 AM
I agree with souperhigh. Bogus not a chance. One of the most honest guys in the hobby.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk