Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: HI-OCTANE Mobilgas Aircraft shield - Mon Jan 04 2010 12:27 PM
I think this mobilgas aircraft pump plate shield came up before. This thing does not look right to me. what do you guys think. Idem no# 230417952543
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Mobilgas Aircraft shield - Mon Jan 04 2010 12:39 PM
I think it looks ok. The detail in the horse is the same as mine & the colors look good. I think you would be ok on this one smile
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Mobilgas Aircraft shield - Mon Jan 04 2010 12:43 PM
HI OCTAIN, I THINK YOU MAY BE RIGHT! THE LETTERING LOOKS LIKE AN 8 YEAR OLD WITH A DULL SINGLE EDGE RAZOR BLADE DID THE CUTTING FOR THE SCREEN. I KNOW THE FONTS TO BE MUCH MORE UNIFORM, UNLIKE THIS...SEEMS TO BE ALL OVER THE PLACE AND NOT IN LINE. JM2C!
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Mobilgas Aircraft shield - Mon Jan 04 2010 02:09 PM
I looked at it again the letters do look a little odd. But usually the repos dont have the detail in the horse like the originals. I am a bit stumped on this one confused
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Mobilgas Aircraft shield - Mon Jan 04 2010 04:41 PM
I've asked him for a picture of the back side. I have a feeling that it's rusty. He deals in look alike antique's and has had 37 negative feedbacks in 12 months. With the other things already mentioned I think it's best to stay away.....far away !
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Mobilgas Aircraft shield - Mon Jan 04 2010 05:03 PM
I got a response from the seller already........"The back is black with speckles and some white and enamel over run. I'm not able to provide more photo's as I'm out of town."
Even though it's not rusty it still doesn't look right.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Mobilgas Aircraft shield - Mon Jan 04 2010 05:33 PM
Between the clarity in the letters in his last picture & his feedback, this looks like a good one to stay away from.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Mobilgas Aircraft shield - Mon Jan 04 2010 05:38 PM
Looking at their items, it seems that most if not all "were found in China". Rare items according to description and they sale dozens of them?????? In my opinion this seller sells a lot of repops. Thanks for the "Heads Up" on this sign.
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: Mobilgas Aircraft shield - Tue Jan 05 2010 12:21 AM
The 4 mounting holes look to small to me?????
Posted By: hancock-oil Re: Mobilgas Aircraft shield - Tue Jan 05 2010 12:30 AM
Should it have a date?? Jim
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Mobilgas Aircraft shield - Tue Jan 05 2010 11:19 PM
...that sign's as fake as the day is long...
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Mobilgas Aircraft shield - Wed Jan 06 2010 06:16 AM
WOW ! It sold for $417.40. He'll probably "discover" a few more of these. Watch for a listing near you ! LOL
Posted By: chadrock00 Re: Mobilgas Aircraft shield - Thu Jan 07 2010 09:10 PM
Unless this is the diamond in the ruff of all the repo stuff he is selling, which it's not, someone got taken on this.
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Mobilgas Aircraft shield - Fri Jan 08 2010 12:05 AM
eek OUCH eek
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk