Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: bustermonty Mack Bulldog Big Money Repop - Thu Feb 10 2011 12:30 AM
Here is a Mack Bulldog sign that is no doubt a repop. Known versions have a green back. I did a lot of research on this sign in order to get my money back from an auctioneer who sold it as original. 190500356098
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Mack Bulldog Big Money Repop - Thu Feb 10 2011 01:10 PM
I saw that sign. There was one just like it a couple of weeks ago that sold for around 200 dollars. I was unaware of the green back, good to know.
Posted By: texaspelican Re: Mack Bulldog Big Money Repop - Thu Feb 10 2011 01:28 PM
thank you Greg for pointing this out.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Mack Bulldog Big Money Repop - Thu Feb 10 2011 08:09 PM
I was watching this one as well. 260732581914

The seller said it was an original sign, no green back on this one either.

Ryan
Posted By: bustermonty Re: Mack Bulldog Big Money Repop - Thu Feb 10 2011 09:37 PM
These were made to look old with all the rack marks (more than any sign I own) and the old style hanging brackets. Always in mint shape. It's a shame people are getting burned this bad. I myself paid $2400 and the auctioneer had the crowd applaud my purchase. Took six months but I proved my case and received a full refund. It stinks you can't contact the buyers anymore on ebay. This site is worth it's weight in gold (not sure what a website weighs but my computer is heavy) for this and all the other valuable info.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk