Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Bob Richards Lacie51 is making (?) more trash - Thu May 05 2011 12:43 AM
There is a question about the Fisk Tire Corp and one of their signs in the General forum.

I looked it up and yes, Lacie51, Mike Mas is now selling a fake Fisk sign, that he is again calling "old style"
# 150600765450

Mas, is also selling fake ESSO "oil drop boy" # 200604797625 and "oil drop girl" # 150600793731 signs.

Along with fake; Shell, Pennzoil, Veedol, Conoco, Quaker State, Sinclair ... etc signs.
Posted By: Garage-A-GoGo Re: Lacie51 is making (?) more trash - Thu May 05 2011 01:02 AM
I too get so very tired of seeing this ***** when surfing flee bay
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Lacie51 is making (?) more trash - Thu May 05 2011 10:50 AM
Thanks, Bob.

Sign collectors need to be aware of the newly made undated reproductions on the market. These signs can be artificially aged and later resold as original old signs by other people down the line.
Posted By: agentsteel53 Re: Lacie51 is making (?) more trash - Fri May 06 2011 02:30 PM
these signs have no shelving. he's using the same company which I use to make my route shields.

that's the easiest way to tell them apart from the real thing, regardless of the quality of the artwork.

also, 14 gauge steel isn't commonly used.
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Lacie51 is making (?) more trash - Fri May 06 2011 02:53 PM
Shelving alone IS NOT a sure way, all signs have different shelving. A PERMANENT UNREMOVEABLE DATE might help, (HINT HINT)
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Lacie51 is making (?) more trash - Fri May 06 2011 06:05 PM
KZ,
Why would they want top mark them for... then it would be hard to pass an repop off for an original.
Only reason for unmarked repops are to deceive someone period but everyone here knows that already since we talk about it every month till everyone is blue in the face.
Posted By: Madison Oil Re: Lacie51 is making (?) more trash - Sat May 07 2011 12:19 AM
Originally Posted By: agentsteel53
these signs have no shelving. he's using the same company which I use to make my route shields.

that's the easiest way to tell them apart from the real thing, regardless of the quality of the artwork.

also, 14 gauge steel isn't commonly used.

Did anyone else catch this? Hummmmmmmmm.......
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Lacie51 is making (?) more trash - Sat May 07 2011 12:36 AM
Yea I did, my post was aimed at him and his "Exact Copies" that you can't tell from an original, I think they are dated with a sharpie on the back. No different than Lacie51
Posted By: Bud Miley Re: Lacie51 is making (?) more trash - Sat May 07 2011 02:31 AM
Wow I just went to agentsteel53's website at aaroads.com!! Wow this guy makes any shield sign exact from any state with any dang number?? And has the nuts to make a comment about lacie51?? Here is his ad on the site..
"We make our signs completely accurate to the highway standards of the present and past."

KZ , yeah glad he is dating those repos with a sharpie, labels and stamps because they take about 1 min to remove with lacquer thinner. I want a Route 66.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk