Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Oldgas Bardahl Outboard sign - Mon Jun 06 2011 10:32 PM
I have seen a number of these Bardahl Outboad Oil signs over the years while looking for one in good condition. This one on eBay now offered by "treasureray" looks different than any original I have seen.

The flange is slightly longer than the sign face with angled areas where the flange meets the sign face. This sign lacks the "fine print" showing the maker and date.

Most of the Bardahl Outboard Oil signs seen for sale are in rough to fair shape if they were used outdoors since they are painted tin. Signs like this in fairly good to mint condition should be looked over closely.
Posted By: ebaygenious Re: Bardahl Outboard sign - Mon Jun 06 2011 11:59 PM
I don't understand your point? I realize it's TR, but he say's it's a "newer sign". He's not saying it's an old original? Did you read the description?
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Bardahl Outboard sign - Tue Jun 07 2011 12:01 AM
Originally Posted By: ebaygenious
I don't understand your point? I realize it's TR, but he say's it's a "newer sign". He's not saying it's an old original? Did you read the description?

YES, I saw that too! confused
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Bardahl Outboard sign - Tue Jun 07 2011 12:06 AM
JP seldom ever asks a question & then he get's a couple of Smart A's answers!
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Bardahl Outboard sign - Tue Jun 07 2011 01:33 AM
"Newer Sign"? Newer than what, It is still a very vaque and deceiving description. A simple, "This is a brand new sign" would be the correct way to advertise that *****
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Bardahl Outboard sign - Tue Jun 07 2011 01:34 AM
This is the Unmarked Reproduction forum. The purpose of the forum is to point out unmarked repros or call to question items that are suspicious.

That is the point.

No question in my mind that someone will get burned by this unmarked reproduction, thinking it is real and paying too much. This time or in the next transaction.
Posted By: thermactor Re: Bardahl Outboard sign - Wed Jun 08 2011 01:58 AM
It's fake, and it's unmarked. What the seller says is not relevant. These could easily turn up at a show or auction.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk