Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: jwood7 Atlas Clock - Sun Jan 13 2013 09:42 PM
I am considering buying this Atlas clock but I am not sure if it is real or not. I have done some research on others and I found one on eBay that sold that did not have the Atlas in middle of the clock and another that had a red second hand. I talked to the guy who owns it now and he says that it is real but I am just not sure.

When I go to look at it in person is there anyway for me to tell if it is real? If so could you pm me and give me some advice because I do not know a lot about clocks.

Thanks

Attached picture atlas.jpg
Posted By: advertologist Re: Atlas Clock - Sun Jan 13 2013 09:51 PM
style af #'s are different on yours & this completed ebay auction.. cool

Attached picture atclock.jpg
Posted By: jwood7 Re: Atlas Clock - Sun Jan 13 2013 10:02 PM
Right that was the one that I did see on ebay but I have also found in the past that there is one with the atlas in the middle but I noticed there is no red hand to the clock. Are there different styles of this clock or possibly the red hand has broke off and the guy is trying to cover it up?

Attached picture atlas 2.jpg
Posted By: bagged1961 Re: Atlas Clock - Sun Jan 13 2013 11:20 PM
I have this clock and mine is original. It has the second hand. It appears the one you are interested in is original Maybe the second hand was removed if the clock ever had repair.

Attached picture Altlas Clock Small.jpg
Posted By: whiteflash Re: Atlas Clock - Mon Jan 14 2013 06:19 PM
The time dial numbers are not spaced correctly. I would suspect the face has been replaced at some time. Bagged1961 clock looks correct.

Jim
www.PetroRelics.com
Clock Parts & Restorations
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Atlas Clock - Mon Jan 14 2013 11:47 PM
That is a cool clock!!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk