Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: gasoildude T-53s & Now This. - Sun Feb 10 2013 02:27 PM
Just seen this listing for a cookie cutter Pegasus on the bay. It is clearly not marked like the T-53 & is very deceiving even in the way its made. Here is the listing number of this unmarked piece of junk 200893216444 mad
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: T-53s & Now This. - Sun Feb 10 2013 05:51 PM
The seller has listed it as hand made and it is clearly a painted sign.

I see nothing wrong with his ad or sign.

It's not something I would buy. At the same time, I don't think it's something I would condemn someone over. He has put some effort into it and if he can earn a wage from it and support his family...that's great!
Posted By: gasoildude Re: T-53s & Now This. - Sun Feb 10 2013 06:20 PM
Dave his listing is fine in the description. But when it moves down the chain of ownership how long until it is passed off as a original?
Posted By: mcguffeyd1 Re: T-53s & Now This. - Sun Feb 10 2013 08:39 PM
Brad the originals were able to be taken apart in pieces, this one is one piece and very nicely made it looks like. For someone that couldn't afford a real one, this one being a third of the price, would be a great piece to hang. I see nothing wrong with it or his listing.

Granted it could be permanently marked "repop" but i like the sign...

Its is just like repop globes... They can be very deceiving also but for something to hang outside wouldn't you want a something that you wouldnt have to worry about someone stealing or destroying .?
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: T-53s & Now This. - Sun Feb 10 2013 11:56 PM
I notice it doesnt mention the size.....you would think that would be a strong consideration when buying. whistle
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: T-53s & Now This. - Tue Feb 12 2013 06:04 PM
I, for one, think it should be dated!
Posted By: Rudy Owens Re: T-53s & Now This. - Tue Feb 12 2013 07:52 PM
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH
I, for one, think it should be dated!

Buy it and then have today's date stamped in it in such a way the numbers can never be removed, and the problem will be solved. Just joking......... Right?
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: T-53s & Now This. - Wed Feb 13 2013 01:51 AM
It'll last longer than MDF
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk