Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Sparky27 Lincoln Mercury lighted clock - fake or real - Wed Apr 16 2014 02:18 AM
There is a Pam Lincoln Mercury lighted advertising clock for sale on eBay. The face is Pam but the canister is Telechron. Any idea if this is real face or newly made face. Never seen this before and it has me stumped.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Lincoln Mercury lighted clock - fake or real - Wed Apr 16 2014 02:52 AM
.. cool

ebay # 201073055475
Posted By: advertologist Re: Lincoln Mercury lighted clock - fake or real - Wed Apr 16 2014 02:57 AM
.. cool

Attached picture linmerclo.JPG
Posted By: JimT Re: Lincoln Mercury lighted clock - fake or real - Wed Apr 16 2014 08:56 AM
If the face is Pam and the can is something else....Well that should tell you something, no? Pams cans were metal or aluminum. If the can was toasted how would the face survive in this condition? IMO thats a sucker lure-and for 750.00 youd be a nice catch.
Posted By: Signs&Neons Re: Lincoln Mercury lighted clock - fake or real - Wed Apr 16 2014 11:59 AM
All those advertising clocks scare me anymore. The mismatch is a BIG red flag. I remember how few clocks you saw 20 years ago with mint faces, and now they have all magically surfaced?? I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.
Posted By: BryceG Re: Lincoln Mercury lighted clock - fake or real - Wed Apr 16 2014 01:02 PM
just do your research and stick to buying them in-person. thats the only way to safely buy these clocks. reach thru and feel the back of a KNOWN original, and then feel a repop... original will feel far more chalky to the touch and the emblems/numbers will not feel raised.
Posted By: Highway66 Re: Lincoln Mercury lighted clock - fake or real - Sun May 04 2014 06:16 PM
I stay away from advertising clocks. I would only buy one if I could actually find one in person and confirm it. Other than that it's a very risky online purchase.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk