Print Thread
#608804 Fri Apr 17 2015 07:03 AM
M
marty Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
I found an old ARO oil pump, in pretty good shape, any idea when they were used? Did all oil companys label them? what are they worth? Will need painting and cleaning and would like to add it to my Gulf collection

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
marty #608910 Fri Apr 17 2015 10:27 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
ARO was a company that was in Briant, Ohio. In 1928 when the John Wood Co. purchased the Shotwell Pump Co., the Bennett Pump Co., the ECO Air Meter Company, each of these companies were moved to Briant, Ohio. I do not have any information stating the Wood Co. purchased ARO at the same time, but I do have a ARO ad that looks like it was designed by the same ad staff that was doing ECO and Bennett ad at that time, so my assumption is that ARO did become part of the John Wood Co.

Bennett during this time was not making gas pumps the were the leader in the oil and grease dispenser business. I believe the ARO Co. was just merged into being part of Bennett.

I cannot date your unit, mainly because I don't know what you have, you haven't given us much information.

Did oil companies label them??? ARO/Bennett would label/do anything you wanted if you purchased enough of the items.

What are they worth, again, that is the same as asking me what is a 1919 car worth, (is it a Model T or a Rolls Royce?) I need information.

Keep this in mind, if it dispensed grease or oil, how long would it have been before you couldn't read anything that was on it. Keeping this type of equipment clean was not a priority at any service station.

I sell information, so I hope you are looking for an ad or something to do with this piece of equipment.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Fri Apr 17 2015 10:30 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved