Next Thread
Print Thread
#609765 Wed Apr 22 2015 01:33 PM
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Does anyone have suggestions on safely mounting A38 ad (curved) glass to a wall? Looking for off the shelf hardware if possible. Appreciate any guidance.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I have done this for a customer, some time ago. I used pine shelving and cut two matching curved pieces for ends. They should be the same curve as the ad glass and allow 3/4" additional on the outside. Route a grove along the curve to match the glass. Mount one end to a backing board, install the glass, then screw on the other end. Paint or stain before assembly. Mount the backer board to the wall before final assembly. Can be lighted easily. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm not sure, if my reply will help? But, I use "Mirror clips" in both metal and plastic to mount my ad glass to the wall...

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I know you said to the wall but Jim sells this mount. Have you seen it? Open this link and scroll down. http://www.t-waysgraphics.com/bodies.html

JimT #609816 Wed Apr 22 2015 06:27 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have a Mobil ad glass for an A1, similar glass to an A38, mounted in a lighted box similar to the one T-way sells and it looks very nice....

image.jpg
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Those are some great suggestions! I'm mounting to a 12 inch wide board and the glass is 12 inch as well, so it'off to Home Depot and see if the metal clips (above in Bob's pics) can be bent around the side of the 1/2 inch thick board. I really like the light box idea just no room.If I can ever figure out how to post pics will show my whole collection, thx again!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved