Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Hello to all. I value the opinions of the members here so please chime in. I have a restored 1959 GMC cabover truck I converted to a short flatbed. I would like to show my petroleum hobby in it so am thinking of maybe adding a flying pegasus to the rear and some door signs on a magnetic background so I can wax the truck. I am also partial to any other company that used red. We also ride horses and like the horse theme. Frontier maybe. Here is a link showing the truck and opinions wanted. Thanks ! Tom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzabDtw7gG8

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
sweet truck, I say Flying A

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Flying a would be neat as well. The mobil theme since you mentioned the horse thing would be my choice over frontier. That truck is one really nice truck. My 87 year old grandfather watched youtube for the first time and had a big old smile watching the truck roar down the road . Those old 2 cycle detroits are my favorites. Nice truck there I must say. Keep us posted whichever route you decide.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tom,
awesome restoration on the 59 GMC, enjoyed the video-
I haven't seen one of those style trucks in a long time
didn't there used too be a TV program in the 50's called "cannonball" about those trucks?
I'd say its between mobil & flying A, we never had frontier in California.. ... cool

Last edited by advertologist; Sun May 17 2015 09:50 PM. Reason: spel

RANDY
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Tom;
Nice restoration. My suggestion would be Mobil, just because it is a widely recognized logo. Keep in mind Petroleum logos people will recognize when traveling in the areas you show.
Of course with the magnetic back you can change themes easily.

Chuck

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Really nice truck, love the sound and what a great road to enjoy that bad boy on! I'd go with Mobil or the flying A which actually might be more appropriate on that beauty.

Have gas all the time
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Thanks for the good suggestions. Mobil and Flying A are 2 of my favorites. I am thinking of using the vinyl decal stickers on a magnetic background to change the theme as mentioned above. Also I may put a large repro pegasus on the rear bulkhead when using Mobil. A lot of people at car shows like gas pumps too and the truck does need a theme. If I can ever afford an Associated sign for the back when in Flying A mode that would be nice too. The truck was filmed on Cummings Valley road in Tehachapi , Calif near our house. Thanks again.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I was just up that road in January. My sister lives up in Bear Valley Springs. Asked my BIL if he knew you and he said he didn't. He had a Farmers insurance agency there in Tehachapi. Tried to find a phone number for you but couldn't so came home without meeting you. If I get out there again and see that truck I'll stop you and say hello. Nice truck Mitch

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Of course Flying A all the way!!!! very sweet indeed...I also love the big trucks and drive one every day ,but I would love to have this one for my Flying A collection to showcase...drooling in Colo.....
Alan

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved