Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Vernski Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I can't see where the porcelain plate "Contains Lead" would attach on my Wayne 60 pump. I'm not sure it ever was, but the sign was included in the box with the nozzle when the seller dropped the pump off. Thanks for any advice.

IMG_0064.JPG IMG_0066.JPG
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That antiknock compounds is not the correct plate for that era of pump.

More then likely, it mounted on the side of the pump (one or both sides). Most gas pumps had them mounted on the side. Some States mandated that the plate had to be mounted on the front panels. On those pumps the plate was usually placed below the window and above the decal. The decal being placed so high on your pump leads me to believe this pump didn't have the plate mounted on the front.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My 866 had the taller Leaded sign just above one hip, and no sign on the other side. It had an Atlantic door and ad glass, I'm assuming it was never rebranded in it's years of service. Brady

Vernski Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Dave & Brady,
Thanks for sharing your knowledge. There is so much to learn in this hobby. Since the Lead plate isn't correct for the era & apparently the pump never had one, I guess it'll stay hanging in the garage. Vernski

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Vern, your pump did have a "lead sign"... It was required by every State and also by the Federal Government...

As to the location, as has been stated, some States had different locations for the signage... But, all pumps in use within the borders of the U.S. had to display a Lead Sign, somewhere where the Public could see it...

You just need to find the "correct version"; such as the Tetraethyl (which was the lead sign in use when your pump was made)

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
O
O
Hi Vern,
I have 3 wide body wayne 60 pumps, One has the signs on the front and back just below the Wayne nameplate below the Face, Another has the sign in the same place below the face, it also has one on the side below the filler hose, the third one doesn't have the sign at all, but the ones that do have it all say (TETRAETHYL)i have photos of them but as i'm new at this i don't know how to post them, this is only the 2nd time i have posted anything on the forum, If you have an email address i can email the photos to you if you like,

Regards, larry

O
O
P.S. Vern,
I luv that unrestored pump of yours !!!

larry

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved